HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by wedgewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 01:46 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Oh I hear you on that......

Packing up the Spitty to drop off tomorrow to the gentleman who wants to come up from Cincinnati and make it fly... It will be a kick ass plane with all the doo-dads I spec's on it

I like my stuff more
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Jul 23, 2010, 02:26 PM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,688 Posts
Could have been cool, but now you have cooler stuff.
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old Jul 23, 2010, 02:50 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love nachos View Post
Could have been cool, but now you have cooler stuff.
Cash is cooler

speaking of "Coo"ler...... I haven't heard from him on the Velox fuse and wings........
Old Jul 23, 2010, 02:57 PM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,688 Posts
He is probably digging through the wizard sleeve looking for the money.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 03:24 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Motivatedphotos.com is one of my bookmarked websites...... I always go there for the "demotivational posters" very funny stuff
Old Jul 23, 2010, 05:26 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love nachos View Post
Hmmm I disagree. Maybe cool because they are cheap and almost unbreakable, but I know I would be so bored so fast with it. I think I would rather do the PZ mini Sukhoi or a small heli. Besides if I put vinyl on the vapor it probably wouldn't fly.
flown one?... I'd hate to think you're making assumptions without actually trying it

Harriering and hovering a Vapor around a bunch of obstacles is great fun. Tyler was flying Ben's around the warehouse the other day, outside loops are fun. It's all fun. Anything with wings and can fly is fun IMO.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jul 23, 2010, 05:33 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
Oh I hear you on that......

Packing up the Spitty to drop off tomorrow to the gentleman who wants to come up from Cincinnati and make it fly... It will be a kick ass plane with all the doo-dads I spec's on it

I like my stuff more
you're gonna poop yourself when 3DHS makes a warbird...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jul 23, 2010, 05:38 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
....in bed

Yes.... also a motivator for me to clear house from this one......

but as I fill the mattress with cash, hoping it is a truly 3Dable, truly wonderful Bipe that precedes it
Old Jul 23, 2010, 05:44 PM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
Quote:
I will poop and pee myself when that happens
nov is offline Find More Posts by nov
Old Jul 24, 2010, 08:51 AM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler
Last edited by 3D-Dabbler; Jul 24, 2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 10:08 AM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,688 Posts
Quote:
flown one?... I'd hate to think you're making assumptions without actually trying it

Harriering and hovering a Vapor around a bunch of obstacles is great fun. Tyler was flying Ben's around the warehouse the other day, outside loops are fun. It's all fun. Anything with wings and can fly is fun IMO.
You got me there. Never flown it. I have never seen anyone do anything more than a loop with it. Maybe I will have to give one a shot. Maybe I will be converted.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 12:49 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Mike...what happened to the 57 story? you took it away...

I was driving back from Columbus...

Oh well

I have always thought about launching bigger birds in the neighborhood but I made the decision that the 40" Addiction and the foamy Yaks were all I was going to throw in this neighborhood... Too much stuff can happen, and I remember when I lost my MUS (twice) being shot down on 72mhz, as well as Spektrum (crappy receiver they wound up replacing).....

Both went down in some random yard a street away, and as I was driving 80 mph to get over to the crash sites I was Sharting myself hoping there wasn't a kid, or a tail section sticking up through a dented car....

I fly the 42 Slick here too but limit it to expendable stuff because my lawn eats landing gear..... don't want to tear out anything and I am not going to hand catch a 55 Edge :-)

sorry to hear about the 57 .... sucks
Old Jul 24, 2010, 01:13 PM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
Mike...what happened to the 57 story? you took it away...

I was driving back from Columbus...

Oh well

I have always thought about launching bigger birds in the neighborhood but I made the decision that the 40" Addiction and the foamy Yaks were all I was going to throw in this neighborhood... Too much stuff can happen, and I remember when I lost my MUS (twice) being shot down on 72mhz, as well as Spektrum (crappy receiver they wound up replacing).....

Both went down in some random yard a street away, and as I was driving 80 mph to get over to the crash sites I was Sharting myself hoping there wasn't a kid, or a tail section sticking up through a dented car....

I fly the 42 Slick here too but limit it to expendable stuff because my lawn eats landing gear..... don't want to tear out anything and I am not going to hand catch a 55 Edge :-)

sorry to hear about the 57 .... sucks
Mike your the 57 went down?! Ahh sorry man that really sucks. I hope its fixable.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 01:25 PM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
we need the story of the 57" reposted - so we can all have a moment of silence
nov is offline Find More Posts by nov
Old Jul 24, 2010, 04:11 PM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
At first I wanted to share, thinking it would make me feel better. Then I thought maybe keeping it to myself would better. I am primarily glad no one got hurt and there was no property damage except for my plane. It is a mixture of embarrassment, laziness that I didn't go to the club field and disappointment about having to spend a couple hundred bucks to replace the airframe (at the next addicts sale).

The plane is probably fixable by someone like MLT but not by me. Wing tubes were ripped out of one wing and the fuse. Lots of broken formers in both wings. Leading edge busted in at least one place in both wings. Fuse broken in multiple places. At least 7 broken fuse formers in the fuse. Motor box completely destroyed.

However, the landing gear are in perfect condition and as best as I can tell there is no damage to the rudder and elevator. Lastly, the electronics seem like they will be fine.

I was stupidly trying a KE slide down a narrow, heavily tree lined street. It snapped out of the KE slide when I was trying to rapidly course correct to stay out of the tree line. The plane started to come down on the far side of the tree line and the tree line broke my line of site. When I regained visual, I tried a full throttle pull out but must have forgotten where my left thumb was (while trying to maintain visual). I think I still had some rudder applied. It hit a different tree line and went down behind my neighbors house and busted on his deck.

I have a second 57" Extra that I will fly tomorrow at the big field but I really liked this one more because it could handle longer full throttle climbs, KE spins etc without making a battery puff.

A real bummer.

Thanks for the sympathy guys.
3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler
Last edited by 3D-Dabbler; Jul 24, 2010 at 04:19 PM.