Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by wedgewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 05, 2010, 02:16 PM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love nachos View Post
ahhhh still gay. I would rather people say " I am going on Holiday"
LOL. Just got home and catching up. Very, very funny stuff.
nov is online now Find More Posts by nov
Old Jul 05, 2010, 03:18 PM
Enjoying the nice weather
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
I would have been more excited if he hovered over the fire pit where the two people where drinking beer....
haha that was funny
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Old Jul 05, 2010, 03:21 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
showed it close, showed it far away, some twighlighter, and dark... tried to get as many fireworks going off near it as well (think the one at 4:02 lit the bottom).

Ran out of memory on a flight later when I was flying in the other neighbors star shells.... when I landed my left elevator was hanging.... probably the crappy hinging, but a guy can dream....

Wedgewing's 4th of July First Night Flight - with anti-aircraft (4 min 26 sec)
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Last edited by wedgewing; Jul 06, 2010 at 08:05 AM.
Old Jul 06, 2010, 08:20 AM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,682 Posts
Wow that was cool. Good job. I think you need some more green lights!
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old Jul 06, 2010, 08:48 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
when you see it live it has the right amount of green and I kept it horizontal on top.....probably less yellow on the bottom needed... I wanted to have plenty of light on the bottom for landing :-)

same length of green and yellow but the way it fills the bottom really dominates it.

even with the plane two streets over I could see the green... you guys will love doing this
Old Jul 06, 2010, 09:53 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,166 Posts
you don't really need to change the pattern top and bottom, just the colour. night flying is pretty darn sweet.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jul 06, 2010, 09:58 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
yep, you are right, I knew the color would orient me, and for sh!ts and giggles I lined them up in the traditional horizontal top - vertical bottom pattern. I sure learned a lot about wiring on the bottom

and yes, Night flying is one of the coolest things I have done to date... the air is still and it is amazing how in tune you get with the plane and the surroundings
Old Jul 06, 2010, 10:40 AM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,682 Posts
oooohhhh I can't wait! maybe I will do it on my slick rather than the foamie. Or I will order more for the Slick. I need a new one so it would probably be easier to wire during the build.

Keith if you talk to Bill, find out if he would want to let that blue addiction go. I might be interested. the new yard is big enough for something like that.
Last edited by i love nachos; Jul 06, 2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old Jul 06, 2010, 11:29 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,166 Posts
any plane... any plane at all. don't be scared, just put lights in all the right places: wing tips, in front of the high point on the wing, tail top and bottom. Orientation is not an issue, the plane is not at risk if you wire it all up and test it as working properly... so get to it!
Old Jul 06, 2010, 09:47 PM
Enjoying the nice weather
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,650 Posts
Quote:
showed it close, showed it far away, some twighlighter, and dark... tried to get as many fireworks going off near it as well (think the one at 4:02 lit the bottom).

Ran out of memory on a flight later when I was flying in the other neighbors star shells.... when I landed my left elevator was hanging.... probably the crappy hinging, but a guy can dream....

http://vimeo.com/13115544
awesome
that was way better than i thought it was going to be.
separate battery?
how much heavier did it make the plane(can you feel the extra weight)?
Good job wedge JR
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Old Jul 06, 2010, 10:47 PM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Quote:

wow it really looked like they were trying to shoot you down.
3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler
Old Jul 07, 2010, 05:28 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
it was collaborative... They were shooting up near me, and I was trying to fly into them :-)

As for batteries I ganged up all the wires and soldered them in to a positive stack and a negative stack. I then soldered that to the red and black wires of a female JST connector.

The Addiction uses a 1300 or 1750 batt and you can run off that, but I just plugged a rhino 2S 360mah into the JST connector and it fits right next to the flight battery. The extra batt weighs nothing so it doesn't affect anything weight or performance wise

I know Arron ran his right off the flight batt. Flying through six batteries drained barely anything out of the little Rhino
Old Jul 07, 2010, 09:07 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,166 Posts
ya, I just go off the flight pack, and used brushed ESC's to control them from the Tx...

...but, 2S worth of packs is a nice and easy level of lighting, 3S is super bright. In general the 2S level of lighting is the nicest to fly with.
Old Jul 07, 2010, 01:40 PM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,682 Posts
can I solder a servo lead on and control the light through my rx?
Old Jul 07, 2010, 03:06 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love nachos View Post
can I solder a servo lead on and control the light through my rx?
if you want to control it remotely, you'll either need a remote switch (HK has 'em listed with their lighting stuff), or a brushed ESC (brushed ESC's just control voltage, so it's actually full brightness control). Because they're not so popular any more, you can find some second hand brushed ESC's pretty darn cheap. I got little micro GWS jobbies...