HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by wedgewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 08:14 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by svonavja View Post
What would you want for it?
free ninety free... I don't want to box and ship it though. the box isn't sturdy, wouldn't stand up to the shipping. pretty sure it's all there. all the important parts should be there. Just need to convince someone to come get it or whatever
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Sep 30, 2011, 09:42 PM
Winter is getting closer!
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
RCG review of Radian Pro was decent ... they had me at capable of inverted flight

When it becomes shizzy windy all the time soon... this looks like fun

Oh Yeh... I got this red unfinished DLG in the corner.. $30 to anyone
i need the left wing
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Old Sep 30, 2011, 09:45 PM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,305 Posts
Ya I could go for some parts out of that kit as well
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Sep 30, 2011, 09:48 PM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
...anyone want an Acromaster? it's been sitting around forever. 100% chance I wont be playing with it at this point. I'd say it's "NIB" but the box sucks... I think all the parts are there.
I for one want a winter project - like something that has been crashed and is in the garage taking up space but could fly again with some tlc - just an idea
nov is offline Find More Posts by nov
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:10 PM
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
Ya I could go for some parts out of that kit as well
do you think we could modify a motor for these DLG,s?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:14 PM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,305 Posts
Ya, hack off the front of the fuse....take out the dead weight that it takes to balance, throw a foamie motor and about 6x5 prop and it would be a blast. Hhmmm I already have an esc in there to reg voltage to the servos, might be an interesting project
Old Oct 01, 2011, 06:14 AM
I'm a pilot... I can fly
United States, OH, Hiram
Joined Jun 2010
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
free ninety free... I don't want to box and ship it though. the box isn't sturdy, wouldn't stand up to the shipping. pretty sure it's all there. all the important parts should be there. Just need to convince someone to come get it or whatever
Oh Sweet, I'd like to give it a go. I'll send you a pm. Thanks
svonavja is offline Find More Posts by svonavja
Old Oct 01, 2011, 08:22 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
The DLG has no weight in it yet and the horizontal stab has popped off a couple times moving it in the small room .... I cut control rod slots in the side of the boom but its ready for someone to take it over the goal line $30

So far the control rods have been helpful in pulling cables back through the 65 Vyper but this plane needs to move out... I love the idea of a motor ... cut off the nose glue in a ply motor mount... 72 omega
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Oct 01, 2011, 09:38 AM
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,663 Posts
Quote:
The DLG has no weight in it yet and the horizontal stab has popped off a couple times moving it in the small room .... I cut control rod slots in the side of the boom but its ready for someone to take it over the goal line $30

So far the control rods have been helpful in pulling cables back through the 65 Vyper but this plane needs to move out... I love the idea of a motor ... cut off the nose glue in a ply motor mount... 72 omega
the 72 would ripp that plane apart. i only need power to get it up to a good height.
I was thinking a blue wonder
Old Oct 01, 2011, 10:09 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Ripping would be cool .. blue wonder would be nice
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Oct 01, 2011, 10:36 AM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,281 Posts
LOL! I feel somewhat responsible for these cheapo DLGs...but I still have mine and a set of Diamond 47's. It's definitely going to be assembled this winter, though.

Quote:

djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Oct 01, 2011, 10:38 AM
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,663 Posts
i do enough ripping on my own. don't need help from a motor
Old Oct 01, 2011, 10:50 AM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,305 Posts
The glider sucked to throw, having messed around with some throwing sports in HS I was always nervous to toss it too hard. It was fun on a bungee high start, so getting a motor to pull it up to height would be cool. Actually if anyone is feeling nostalgic how about a cox .049 engine to pull it as high as it will go
Or maybe a bigfoot tow
Old Oct 01, 2011, 11:11 AM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
... Actually if anyone is feeling nostalgic how about a cox .049 engine to pull it as high as it will go ...
If you get nostalgic about that, don't forget the part about getting your fingers all cut up while trying to start one of those .049
CrashesALot is online now Find More Posts by CrashesALot
Old Oct 01, 2011, 11:14 AM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,305 Posts
Haha, no doubt! That spring back was wicked. But man what a great little whine that thing made