HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by wedgewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 04:59 PM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love nachos View Post
Well if she is, I am sure Bob will document it with photographs

I will need to make sure I get a better seat this time. Last year my view of the performance was completely obscured
3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler
Old Aug 12, 2011, 05:41 AM
I'm a pilot... I can fly
United States, OH, Hiram
Joined Jun 2010
271 Posts
Hey Moose, which Power Poles are you using? I was looking at Newark and found a ton of them for the 12/10awg wires but they are only rated for 50amps. Thanks!
svonavja is online now Find More Posts by svonavja
Old Aug 12, 2011, 07:47 AM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
so are you making vinyl coverups?
Are you suggesting I make Nachos Cheese Pasties? I love that idea. Maybe I should contact her and get a size. Quarter, Half Dollar, Tea cup saucer. I think I could market that for all the hot RC chicks.
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old Aug 12, 2011, 07:54 AM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Zombie Edge is coming

Zombie Edge is coming

It isn't alive.....It shouldn't move but it does !?!

It should re-maiden this weekend (hopefully)

This is the one that got "banana peeled"

(All of the yummy goodness in the middle scooped out and nothing left but the banana peel.)

Rebuilt all of the fuselage formers with nothing to go by but the dimensions of the canopy.

Much much heavier and hopefully it will still fly straight.

I am crossing my fingers!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:18 AM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
My wood working equipment and skills are so bad that I briefly contemplated getting a laser cutter to help me stamp out some formers for the repair.

http://www.epiloglaser.com/zing_16.htm

Then I realized that I was taking things to the extreme and I could have 2 104" slicks for the cost of the laser cutter.

So I just stuck with my dremel and the zombie theme
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:32 AM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,277 Posts
Mike I hear ya man! That laser cutter would be sweet buuuut I borrowed an old dremel scroll saw from my dad that he has had before I was around and boy did it make all the difference in the world when I was rebuilding the slick. The saw might be old but they sure don't make them like they used to...

Only issue I had was finding blades for it, all the new scroll saws run a 3" blade and this guy has a 5" blade After calling around there is a hardware store here in medina that still has the old crank cash register and if you need something that is the place to call!
joshet89 is online now Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Aug 12, 2011, 09:17 AM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,682 Posts
Oh yeah, has been on my list of tools I want for quite some time.
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old Aug 12, 2011, 09:56 AM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
I may be picking one of those up next week when I am back in Ohio. My dad had one that I may inherit. I think it is nearly identical to the one in your photo (without sander).

I don't know if my dad had any spare blades lying around. I will look. Until then I was trying to make do with this. It works pretty well when you pull the wood towards you. When you push it away it bucks a little and makes a very non-straight line. I think one problem is how well the dremel is supported. It only has a single attachment point. It is relatively easy to wiggle it.

So my litening holes are really zaggy in some places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
Mike I hear ya man! That laser cutter would be sweet buuuut I borrowed an old dremel scroll saw from my dad that he has had before I was around and boy did it make all the difference in the world when I was rebuilding the slick. The saw might be old but they sure don't make them like they used to...

Only issue I had was finding blades for it, all the new scroll saws run a 3" blade and this guy has a 5" blade After calling around there is a hardware store here in medina that still has the old crank cash register and if you need something that is the place to call!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:08 AM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,277 Posts
Ya I have that exact same tool on my bench as well, definately great for some uses (sanding and grinding more than cutting) but for more precision style cutting the scroll saw will be the ticket. Let me know about the blade situation as well b/c I bought like 6 packs of them and if you need a few I can bring them along to huckfest.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:24 AM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
Ya I have that exact same tool on my bench as well, definately great for some uses (sanding and grinding more than cutting) but for more precision style cutting the scroll saw will be the ticket. Let me know about the blade situation as well b/c I bought like 6 packs of them and if you need a few I can bring them along to huckfest.
Excellent, as soon as I get to Ohio I will let you know.

Thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:37 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,166 Posts
scroll saws rock... 3" blade seems weird to me, I think they're usually 5"... mine's 5" at least and it's a brand new machine as of february. what I do want is a disk sander like on josh's...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:44 AM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
scroll saws rock... 3" blade seems weird to me, I think they're usually 5"... mine's 5" at least and it's a brand new machine as of february. what I do want is a disk sander like on josh's...
I could be backwards on the lengths (been known to happen before, see my radio) But I know the dremel blades are not the same as the new ones your going to find at Home Depot. Nor will the Home Depot sales associate have a clue what you are talking about
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:09 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,166 Posts
nothing more depressing than a non standard sized tool
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Aug 13, 2011, 03:52 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004