HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by wedgewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:15 AM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,854 Posts
Hey guys, I've been swamped at work, so I never had a chance to say thanks. With your recommendations, I booked the Hampton for the Huckfest. Hopefully nothing happens that make me cancel my plans, but looks like I'm in.
CrashesALot is online now Find More Posts by CrashesALot
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:16 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Uh.... I am in deep vinyl crisis.... Huckfest mounts will be EPP 330, 41 Edge, 42 Slick, 55 Edge (night flyer), 57 Extra, 65 Vyper .... the last 4 are naked .....
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:18 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Cool Mike... I have to get preregistered and arrange hotel too... hope all works and you can make it.... those brownies are good
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:20 AM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,854 Posts
Thanks Keith! Only issue is my plan is to leave Thursday morning, and we are getting back from a family vacation on Wednesday. I just don't know when we are getting home yet. So..... I don't know if I'll be able to twist the wife's arm to make a batch on Wed. night or not. I hope so.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:38 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Well .. last year I dropped off 5 cases of "micro beer of the month" to the Uber Trailer, but this year Jacob volunteered to bring the liquid bread

I bet we could cover the brownie fix on our end if you get in a jam.. all we have to do is hand you the tray and everyone will be chanting "mike's wife's brownies" and will love whatever they eat
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:03 AM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,685 Posts
Are these "relaxation brownies?"
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:07 AM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,854 Posts
naahhh, just super chocolaty, super gooey brownies. (Really good brownie mix, add extra chocolate chips sometimes, add Kaluha, and then underbake them slightly)
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:44 AM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,287 Posts
Mmmm brownies of all kinds...
joshet89 is online now Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:12 AM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
That is awesome! I am really glad you changed the locks. Unfortunately you won't be able to see their face.

Unless... do you have a small video camera that you can setup pointed at any of the doors looking out from your house?

The more entertaining question will be IF any follow up conversations happen....

• "I noticed you changed your door locks, can I have the new key?"
  • "How did you notice that? Were you trying to come into my house when I haven't asked you to?"
  • "uhmmm, no, errr....."
or
  • "I thought I would give you your key back since we haven't watched your house for you in a long time"
  • "You can keep it. We changed the locks because of un-authorized entries."
  • "uhmmm, errr.....really, who could that have been?"

but most likely it will never be spoken of again and there will be no entertainment value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
Haha...hilarious follow up to my story about my friends house we are watching ...

Neighbors have been entering the house and both Sam and I set up "tell tales" all over to give away door opening and movement ...

Came back tonight and confirmed they were in again so went to Home Depot and for $40 changed all locks in the house...

Great lesson for Sam as I was installing deadbolts .... "in your life you will see many things....this one takes the cake and will teach you about the nature of some humans"

Freaking classic! I can't wait for them to show up tomorrow and not gain entry.... I seriously think the mother has her kids play in their house and uses our friends house as her "Mom Cave"....
3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:31 AM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Keith,

A few security cameras at your neighbor's house would be hilarious.

I have half a dozen of these deployed at my house for when I am out of town.

These 512WN's are awesome. They have extremely good, configurable triggering and work in extremely low light. They also make hardened climate controlled enclosures for outdoor use.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16881102028

These 312WN's are great for indoors where you don't want to leave any lights on when you are gone. The triggering is ok and nowhere near as configurable as the 512WNs.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16881102045

I have them stream video when they trigger to a super low power, but very high speed NAS.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136745

I also pair them with this software when I am out of town for remote monitoring and e-mailing alerts. I haven't got the youtube upload to work correctly yet though.
http://www.ispyconnect.com/

With just a 1TB NAS they can run 24x7 for months before the drive will fill up.
3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:57 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
That's awesome Mike!

I was already hacking into the neighbors unprotected wireless (they are also lazy pigs when it comes to encryption...... thinking about logging on to their router with the defaults and having a party ) and was going to have my Sony VIO running a webcam to capture them in the house in Strongsville while I watched from North Royalton....

The 4 pack of quickset locks was the easier solution once I got the call from Sam and Carole that the tell tales were on the ground

The fact that all the doors were unlocked again made me want to call my two buddies who are on Stongsville PD but she said the house was clear...

These people are beyond weird... they just use our friends house as an extension of their house while our friends are gone .... I just call that breaking and entry... as long as the body is inside the house when it is found .....

Well the good news is a logical / peaceful solution was found and yes, I cannot wait to hear about that conversation .....

"Hey, while we were trying to break in your house whike you were gone and without telling you..we noticed you changed the locks ..I thought we were friends ......"
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:20 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love nachos View Post
Any of you guys needing vinyl before Huckfest? Getting down to crunch time so I just want to make sure I have you covered.
my 104 needs new stars for the tail... but, unsure if I'll have servos in it in time... so I wouldn't stress about it. you know, if you're bored
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:23 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,180 Posts
Huckfest... I'm all excited already. Regarding the King50, I'm going to be sandbagging the qualifier to an absurd degree, so I wouldn't stress about being there for my qualifying flight. Just say'n...

...thinking of moving it to the friday morning too
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:11 PM
I'm a pilot... I can fly
United States, OH, Hiram
Joined Jun 2010
271 Posts
I was thinking about just bringing a Keg down for simplicity. What beer you guys thinking? Coors, Bud, BlueMoon lol, Fosters...??
svonavja is offline Find More Posts by svonavja
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:22 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,180 Posts
beer!