HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by wedgewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 05, 2011, 08:59 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love nachos View Post
I think the funjet Ultra can do that. I hear it isn't as maneuverable though
at 150mph... what really is?

I am looking forward to the top winger for my relaxed aerobatic / 3Dish / stunty circle flying
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Aug 05, 2011, 09:11 AM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love nachos View Post
I tell you what... if circle flying is as much fun as I am having with this funjet, count me in! I don't know how fast this thing is really going but I have to imagine I am cracking 100 mph coming out of the WOT dives. Its insane.
Good for you! I am glad you are enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmoose View Post
Ugh, I can't stand when people complain about circle fliers...and "talk down" about them.

Complaining about looser old guys who never fly but think they know everything about RC...that's one thing...but labeling those people as Circle Flyers is rather ignorant.

I like flying scale models and actually flying scale. (just depends on what plane I'm flying) So, I'm a proud circle flyer.

I wasn't talking to you moose. Circle fly away! I find myself circle flying quite often when I am teaching my kids to fly. It hasn't harmed me yet.

I was just playfully razzing Nick. He handled exactly as I thought he would (which was very well BTW)
3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler
Old Aug 05, 2011, 09:15 AM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
It actually haunts me I cannot make a perfect one yet....got close on the loop right before my Vyper ate it..... big powerful beautiful circle in the sky.... came back around and pow.....

I was awfully impressed at the first 3/4 of that circle. I was standing there thinking damn Keith is making a truly impressive circle. I don't think I can make one that good. I am going to have to practice that.

As for the last 1/4 of that circle, let's just try to forget that happened.
Old Aug 05, 2011, 09:33 AM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Dabbler View Post
Good for you! I am glad you are enjoying it.

I wasn't talking to you moose. Circle fly away! I find myself circle flying quite often when I am teaching my kids to fly. It hasn't harmed me yet.

I was just playfully razzing Nick. He handled exactly as I thought he would (which was very well BTW)
I hear you! My problem is that I would guess that a LOT of people circle fly...(and don't realize it) but come on the message boards and talk down to that label like they're above it as a pilot. I can't stand it.
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:09 AM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Quote:
I hear you! My problem is that I would guess that a LOT of people circle fly...(and don't realize it) but come on the message boards and talk down to that label like they're above it as a pilot. I can't stand it.
at least 75% of the members of the 2 clubs that I fly at are exclusively circle fliers. But only 2 or 3 at each club are the militaristic kind that qualify for the label. Although 50% of both clubs are old guys. Only 5 or 6 qualify for the FOG label. There is a high overlap in the people that qualify for both labels.

Point taken. I won't use the circle flier label anymore.
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:19 AM
I'm a pilot... I can fly
United States, OH, Hiram
Joined Jun 2010
271 Posts
Sweet pics, if the 104 was only rotated just a hair

http://www.modelaviation.com/board
svonavja is offline Find More Posts by svonavja
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:44 AM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by svonavja View Post
Sweet pics, if the 104 was only rotated just a hair

http://www.modelaviation.com/board
Ya then you would get a real good look at the B&E flames
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Aug 05, 2011, 12:02 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
I was awfully impressed at the first 3/4 of that circle. I was standing there thinking damn Keith is making a truly impressive circle. I don't think I can make one that good. I am going to have to practice that.

As for the last 1/4 of that circle, let's just try to forget that happened.
well it made it through the loop circle...... and it was the next giddy climb to something like 300 feet or more and subsequent tumble that i think freed the solder joint from its resting place .... the ensuing kamikaze dive with momentary allowances of up elevator that thank heavens steered it away from blowing a hole straight through the metal canopy those guys were under
Old Aug 05, 2011, 12:15 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
.......But only 2 or 3 at each club are the militaristic kind that qualify for the label. Although 50% of both clubs are old guys. Only 5 or 6 qualify for the FOG label. There is a high overlap in the people that qualify for both labels.

yes... "militaristic" is beautiful....even FOG can be misleading because there are some cranky bastards that are really excellent flyers.....

I will join the "don't use Circle Flyer moniker" bandwagon if we can all agree on calling the people we collectively describe something universally acceptable ...such as "Douche Bag" or FDB if we need to add passion to it

on the other side of it.... Moose, you are not a circle flyer either.... I don't think that describes how you fly or how others who fly .... sometimes scale like / sometimes relaxed / sometimes aerobatic / sometimes 3D...... I vote for something like "pilot"

"Labels.... we don't need no stinkin' labels"

Old Aug 05, 2011, 01:30 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,238 Posts
Quote:
And I didn't mean any of that directed at you. (your comment just brought about my feeling on the topic)

None if it was directed to you. Thanks for understanding!
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Aug 05, 2011, 01:31 PM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
LOL! You almost always have illustrations in your posts

The @Capacity or FDB label resonates with me. I don't think we will have a whole lot of people relating to the DB label and saying "Hey I am a DB don't come down on DBags!" and no one that is an "@Capacity" dude even knows the label. So that works too (and is probably more family appropriate).
Old Aug 05, 2011, 01:32 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
And I didn't mean any of that directed at you. (your comment just brought about my feeling on the topic)

Mike knows it was meant for me
Old Aug 05, 2011, 01:33 PM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Quote:

NP, I think we got a new "derogatory term" or 2 that we can agree on.
Old Aug 05, 2011, 02:29 PM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
well it made it through the loop circle...... and it was the next giddy climb to something like 300 feet or more and subsequent tumble that i think freed the solder joint from its resting place .... the ensuing kamikaze dive with momentary allowances of up elevator that thank heavens steered it away from blowing a hole straight through the metal canopy those guys were under
you're right. you have a better memory than me. I remember seeing an absolutely fabulous loop that was huge and perfectly circular. The only way that could have happened given where we recovered the plane from is if you completed it entirely and had the incident on the next maneuver.
Old Aug 05, 2011, 02:44 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
"The next maneuver".....forever shall that be the new term for that crash