HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by wedgewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 04, 2010, 10:31 PM
Winter is getting closer!
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,661 Posts
Really quiet
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Old Jun 05, 2010, 12:45 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,188 Posts
trespassing onto the adjoining property to fly off the abandoned airstrip is fun

...almost hosed my 46 Vyper (cartwheel) and 330SC (couple of pancakes) over there. Both still in fighting form (save for a few spots that need a touch of CA). It's more fun flying in the wind here than the other field at the other house.

I found the hatcam in the boxes today, will get a vid at some point. Should probably get permission to fly there before I think of inviting people around to stacks-on
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jun 05, 2010, 06:49 AM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
Just saw the new SHP on the home page. Looks like I need to get a second job to pay for all these new planes!
nov is offline Find More Posts by nov
Old Jun 05, 2010, 06:57 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nov View Post
Just saw the new SHP on the home page. Looks like I need to get a second job to pay for all these new planes!

schwing!
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Jun 05, 2010, 07:08 AM
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
trespassing onto the adjoining property to fly off the abandoned airstrip is fun

...almost hosed my 46 Vyper (cartwheel) and 330SC (couple of pancakes) over there. Both still in fighting form (save for a few spots that need a touch of CA). It's more fun flying in the wind here than the other field at the other house.

I found the hatcam in the boxes today, will get a vid at some point. Should probably get permission to fly there before I think of inviting people around to stacks-on
Nah!! It is easier to ask for forgiveness, than to ask permission.

Just kidding. Better to get to know the new neighbors
Old Jun 05, 2010, 07:14 AM
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,661 Posts
pulled a real winner yesterday morning. I hit the rudder on landing. trying/learning to land like everyone else. it locked up the servo. i took it apart(took top off), no stripped gears.
Not sure why it wont move. going to LHS this morning hopefully we can figure something out. new servo? gear kit? I hate dealing with those guys. always seem like everyone bothers them.
Old Jun 05, 2010, 07:16 AM
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nov View Post
DAVE! I see a red one in your hanger, that is sharp
Old Jun 05, 2010, 08:23 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post

Nicely done to save the current fleet from demise...... I hope the move in is going smoothly and the wife is happy with the new digs.....

man, just rolling in from a week of washington DC.... 645 AM - 1130 PM everyday straight through...we has a group of 17 students that actually behaved so we were able to see a ton..great trip but I am dead....

Wife vetoed to the Dubois trip so I am going to have to make it when there is access rights to the guerrilla field..... I am up for Stacks on the road since you were cool enough to make a road trip for us....
Old Jun 05, 2010, 10:56 AM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,688 Posts
Yep count me in for the PA Stacks (dates and wife permitting)

Sounds like an awesome place to fly.
Dave I think you should just fly your current SHP like a mad man and beat it up and then move the gear over. Deciding to kill my SR is the best thing I ever did. It allowed me to break through to the next level. Plus I still have the SR somehow.
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old Jun 05, 2010, 10:57 AM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,688 Posts
Old Jun 05, 2010, 11:06 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Jared's tail needs cleaning..... Arron would have been out there with the windex..

Now we have to have a raffle to decide who gets to clean Arron's 87 SHP tail in hover at Huckfest.... is that permissible during your freestyle routine as "showmanhip"?

either or I want a raffle ticket to windex the SHP in hover for sure
Old Jun 05, 2010, 12:29 PM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love nachos View Post
Yep count me in for the PA Stacks (dates and wife permitting)

Sounds like an awesome place to fly.
Dave I think you should just fly your current SHP like a mad man and beat it up and then move the gear over. Deciding to kill my SR is the best thing I ever did. It allowed me to break through to the next level. Plus I still have the SR somehow.
+ one on the PA Stacks - we will bring some grub to make it official. Yes I will start beating up the SHP - and maybee the slick since the 59" is coming
nov is offline Find More Posts by nov
Old Jun 05, 2010, 08:32 PM
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,661 Posts
ok repaired the servo I am ready for the AM
Old Jun 05, 2010, 09:13 PM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,688 Posts
My Vyper is so damn close. I need to balance and tie down some wires. Oh and I just ordered some sweet graphics from BadBrad for it. They look just like mine.

Old Jun 05, 2010, 09:29 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love nachos View Post
My Vyper is so damn close. I need to balance and tie down some wires. Oh and I just ordered some sweet graphics from BadBrad for it. They look just like mine.

yeh, but they are lighter