SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by wedgewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 28, 2010, 06:34 PM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
time for a stacks on PA style!
nov is offline Find More Posts by nov
Old May 28, 2010, 08:37 PM
Winter is getting closer!
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,663 Posts
congrat's on the airport!!!! ummmm house
Remember I have a chainsaw and not afraid to use it.
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Last edited by twister782; May 29, 2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old May 29, 2010, 12:41 PM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,688 Posts
Wow cool Arron! Lets see some pics!

I don't have an inverted exclamation point! Not fair. I guess I will have to keep typing "S H I T"
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old May 29, 2010, 02:25 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Nice time today at the field, Wedge Jr. took 5 flights on his SHP and loved all of them. Crap!, that is a nice plane... I took it off into rollers and Sam said to hand him control.. Got windy but he was flying it so smoothly...

The weeds are so high around the field so we had all kinds of plane in them... Nachos and I were in the weeds a lot. My Slick almost powered through a KE pass through them

Nick had the Extra going balsy tail touches through the weeds... My extra is covered with clippings from chewing threw them

Hope the BARC guys can make it up tomorrow because this field is a Hucker's Dream
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old May 29, 2010, 02:27 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
I can notice the difference in Harrier stability without the SFGs....or at least the one I tore off in a KE pass with the weeds :-) flies OK with one on

Flew better although a little more rocky when I took the other one off
Old May 29, 2010, 07:27 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love nachos View Post
Wow cool Arron! Lets see some pics!

I don't have an inverted exclamation point! Not fair. I guess I will have to keep typing "S H I T"
Okie, some pics...

(for inverted exclamation, you need to find it out in the wild (google for it, or my post) and copy and paste it)

theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old May 29, 2010, 07:48 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Wow. Looks great.. How do the planes handle traveling like that? My car may look like that for huckfest

Garage is awesome. Bob will take care of those trees
Old May 29, 2010, 08:39 PM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
The new digs look great! I wish I had a garage that big!

Those planes sure are packed in there. I can't seem to get to the field without poking a hole the in wing covering with far less jammed in my van than that.

-Mike
3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler
Old May 29, 2010, 10:50 PM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,688 Posts
well sht Arron! That garage is unreal. If I didn't know any better I would say it was a new 3DHS distribution center for the East coast. I can't wait to see some pics of your flying field.

I saw a little bit of Nachos Cheese hanging out of the trunk there.

sht sht sht sht sht sht sht sht sht haha sht sht sht sht ha sht sht sht.....ahhh I feel better
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old May 30, 2010, 01:08 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,246 Posts
thanks guys. RC'ing at this facility is going to be fun... as I was picking fallen parts and such out of the mud in the cleanup, I realised that I won't miss the previous dungeon basement building area for a second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
Wow. Looks great.. How do the planes handle traveling like that? My car may look like that for huckfest

Garage is awesome. Bob will take care of those trees
you only pack planes like that if you're expecting to heatgun some rash at the destination... and most of those planes are in need of some kind of repair anyway

trees in the pic are staying... will get a field pic at some point. the cool news is the tractor came with a front end loader, should be handy.
Old May 30, 2010, 01:57 AM
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
thanks guys. RC'ing at this facility is going to be fun... as I was picking fallen parts and such out of the mud in the cleanup, I realised that I won't miss the previous dungeon basement building area for a second.

you only pack planes like that if you're expecting to heatgun some rash at the destination... and most of those planes are in need of some kind of repair anyway

trees in the pic are staying... will get a field pic at some point. the cool news is the tractor came with a front end loader, should be handy.
I can run a front end thingy too! little rusty but we can move some sht
Old May 30, 2010, 01:59 AM
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,663 Posts
did you get the back hatch to close? or did you drive with it open?
Old May 30, 2010, 08:49 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,246 Posts
yup, back hatch closed
Old May 30, 2010, 10:52 AM
Plane on the Brain
Joined Apr 2005
841 Posts
great accommodations there.. I'm thrilled anytime someone can capitalize on some skills unless your a pickpocket too
coolboarder is offline Find More Posts by coolboarder
Old May 30, 2010, 04:29 PM
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,663 Posts
great morning of flying!!!
I got a chance to fly with Wedgewing and Nacho's again today at there field. It was a great time. wedgewing flew my plane and as always gave some great advice. When I fly with others I seem to hold back. gotta be nerves. I have come a long way in 6 months since I have had my Slick. I was KE'ing and hucking through the grass like Nacho's and Wedgewing. Well, if the grass was 70' tall. I still need to get better at my skills before I break that 10' barrier.
Again! Thanks for the invite. Hopefully buy Huckfest I can fly a little better.