SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by wedgewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 07:31 AM
I'm a pilot... I can fly
United States, OH, Hiram
Joined Jun 2010
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister782 View Post
looks good. hope to meet you on the 6th. really interested in how you pronounce you RCgroups handle.
haha Thats a long story, for sure though will be great to pic all of your brains since I am somewhat of a newbie.

-Jacob
svonavja is offline Find More Posts by svonavja
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:08 PM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,293 Posts
So I got some aluminum stock yesterday and a little mill bit and made myself a spacer. The combination of the spacer and just a little bit out of the motorbox and I had an engine hanging where it is supposed to be. I need to clean the edges of the spacer up a little bit but anyone see anything that doesn't look right?
Jacob, what size skis were you using for the 72 extra? And I got to read the magic words today "out for delivery"
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Last edited by joshet89; Feb 23, 2011 at 12:18 PM. Reason: pic on phone, didn't want to type on phone
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:54 PM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
I am leaving a hot place..... had 7 people reporting to me yesterday .... now I have 4........
I just went through the post reorg to the inner reorg within a reorg.

So, I know how you feel.

LOL, I just did "Meet and Greets" with my team and all of the new teams that we were supposed to be working with. Now we will quietly scurry away and reshuffle again since some key folks turned in their resignations.
3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler
Old Feb 23, 2011, 01:00 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
So I got some aluminum stock yesterday and a little mill bit and made myself a spacer. The combination of the spacer and just a little bit out of the motorbox and I had an engine hanging where it is supposed to be. I need to clean the edges of the spacer up a little bit but anyone see anything that doesn't look right?
Jacob, what size skis were you using for the 72 extra? And I got to read the magic words today "out for delivery"
nice... that will work just fine...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Feb 23, 2011, 01:21 PM
I'm a pilot... I can fly
United States, OH, Hiram
Joined Jun 2010
271 Posts
Quote:

I bought the Du-Bro 826's, they work great, the spring isn't super strong but does the job for sure! I'll bring them to the field on the 6th just in case we can't get it cleared. Here is the link for them... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006O4HUY

Nice Job on your AJ! Looks Great!
Old Feb 24, 2011, 07:20 AM
I'm a pilot... I can fly
United States, OH, Hiram
Joined Jun 2010
271 Posts
So the Xoom Comes out today at a whopping $1079 Price tag with a 2 yr contract!!! OUTRAGEOUS!

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2380808,00.asp

To those thinking about purchasing please do not, we should stand against the price gouging that is going on in the tablet world.

You can get a 104" AJ for less than that!!!!
Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:30 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
josh... love the scheme....
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Feb 24, 2011, 11:56 AM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by svonavja View Post
So the Xoom Comes out today at a whopping $1079 Price tag with a 2 yr contract!!! OUTRAGEOUS!

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2380808,00.asp

To those thinking about purchasing please do not, we should stand against the price gouging that is going on in the tablet world.

You can get a 104" AJ for less than that!!!!
$599 for the tablet with WiFi.... seems reasonable to me. Its the verizon service at $20 per month is cheaper than what I pay on my DroidX. Seems like a good deal to me...... but I will not be buying one :-)
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:16 PM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
josh... love the scheme....
Thanks Keith, covering is easy with one color maybe next time I'll get crazy with 2 colors and lines
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:20 PM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love nachos View Post
$599 for the tablet with WiFi.... seems reasonable to me. Its the verizon service at $20 per month is cheaper than what I pay on my DroidX. Seems like a good deal to me...... but I will not be buying one :-)
My iTouch is starting to kick the bucket and I look at the cost difference between a touch and ipad and it doesn't make sense to pay the extra difference. Especially with the availability of networks and the fact that I don't see throwing a tablet in my pocket to listen to tunes while I'm flying. Now some man-pris with the extra big pockets might make a good ipad holder
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:22 PM
I'm a pilot... I can fly
United States, OH, Hiram
Joined Jun 2010
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love nachos View Post
Sorry guys the info I received was prior to the release..."Strike that, Reverse"!

Thanks Nacho!
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:36 PM
I'm a pilot... I can fly
United States, OH, Hiram
Joined Jun 2010
271 Posts
Quote:
My iTouch is starting to kick the bucket and I look at the cost difference between a touch and ipad and it doesn't make sense to pay the extra difference. Especially with the availability of networks and the fact that I don't see throwing a tablet in my pocket to listen to tunes while I'm flying. Now some man-pris with the extra big pockets might make a good ipad holder
Good Idea!! I think we need to start an official Man-Pris Fun Fly Day!

Any Takers??
Old Feb 24, 2011, 04:51 PM
Enjoying the nice weather
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,654 Posts
hmmmm, my stubby LEGS would look good in man-pris. just not sure if I could handle all of the attention
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Old Feb 24, 2011, 04:55 PM
Enjoying the nice weather
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,654 Posts
svonavja, do you have G5?
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Old Feb 24, 2011, 05:43 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004