HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by wedgewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 10:24 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
wedgewing's Avatar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
Sounds close... next time I'm in the area I'll have to try 'em. We had an amazingly awesome Thai place just a block down from my apartment in North Sydney... such wonderful food.
Across the street from HT and a better rendevous restaraunt than TGI Fridays for pre-Huckfest :-)
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2010, 10:25 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
wedgewing's Avatar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
that thai food must have tasted like taco bell
Maybe it was "Thai-co Bell" :-)
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2010, 10:32 AM
MD1 HACK
joshet89's Avatar
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
Across the street from HT and a better rendevous restaraunt than TGI Fridays for pre-Huckfest :-)
Is it right next to that little sushi joint by the paninis?
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2010, 10:43 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
wedgewing's Avatar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
Is it right next to that little sushi joint by the paninis?
North of Paninis

Just north of Kilbane's Beverage (booze shop landmark :-) )

. Its right across the street from the McDonalds... a little plaza on Pearl and Temple on the West side of Pearl Rd..

They have a Sweet Mango Facebook page.... just dropped a "like" on it..

Website is sweetmangoohio.com
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2010, 11:01 AM
Winter is getting closer!
twister782's Avatar
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,663 Posts
going out in the snow for some foamy flying. TheKM inspired me
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2010, 11:39 AM
Winter is getting closer!
twister782's Avatar
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,663 Posts
i canceled. snowin' so hard i would lose it. plus it is cold
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2010, 12:07 PM
MD1 HACK
joshet89's Avatar
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
North of Paninis

Just north of Kilbane's Beverage (booze shop landmark :-) )

. Its right across the street from the McDonalds... a little plaza on Pearl and Temple on the West side of Pearl Rd..

They have a Sweet Mango Facebook page.... just dropped a "like" on it..

Website is sweetmangoohio.com
ah kilbanes, one of the first places I bought "beverages" from gotta love buying with just a college ID no birthdate and tellin the clerk you had left your state ID back at school in Indiana \

Nice, might be a good reason to head up there since I need some ply and balsa...the duck looks awesome
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2010, 01:14 PM
Just "hanging" Around
3D-Dabbler's Avatar
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
My wife and I really liked the Pad Thai at Pearl of the Orient in Shaker by Van Aken and Lemon Grass on Cedar. We used to go there when she worked on the east side of Cleveland.

Next time we visit Strongsville we will have to check out Sweet Mango.

We have a really good Thai restaurant here in Richmond. The only thing I don't like is the "lettuce rolls" They come like fajita's in a Mexican restaurant. Except there are like a thousand piles of ingredients and then your have to roll it yourself in the lettuce leaves that they give you. Very labor intensive ... and as it turns out ... messy. I needed a shop vac at my table when we were done
3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2010, 01:36 PM
nov
Garage sale junkie
nov's Avatar
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister782 View Post
i canceled. snowin' so hard i would lose it. plus it is cold
so much for TheKM inspiration
nov is offline Find More Posts by nov
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2010, 01:55 PM
Winter is getting closer!
twister782's Avatar
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nov View Post
so much for TheKM inspiration
I am still inspired!!!!!
Foamy sitting here waiting for snow to subside
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2010, 02:42 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nov View Post
so much for TheKM inspiration
dang him all to heck!!!!....
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2010, 03:10 PM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
i love nachos's Avatar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
I would avoid most food in Mexico..most of it probably tastes like former police chiefs by now :-)

Unless you order something with nuts in it it is not going to taste like peanuts ... the place you went to probably cooked everything in the same pan..with peanut oil

Sweet Mango is the name of the place on Pearl Rd...
It wasn't a mexican street vendor selling the Thai food. It was at probably one of the classiest resorts in Mexico (thats how I roll )
http://www.royalhideaway.com/index2.asp
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2010, 03:58 PM
Winter is getting closer!
twister782's Avatar
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love nachos View Post
It wasn't a mexican street vendor selling the Thai food. It was at probably one of the classiest resorts in Mexico (thats how I roll )
http://www.royalhideaway.com/index2.asp
Ha I can see it now! you swam up to the pool bar in the man-pri trunks. ordered a beer. and when the waiter saw the man-pris, he spiked your food with somthing.
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2010, 06:18 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
wedgewing's Avatar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Dabbler View Post
My wife and I really liked the Pad Thai at Pearl of the Orient in Shaker by Van Aken and Lemon Grass on Cedar. We used to go there when she worked on the east side of Cleveland.

Next time we visit Strongsville we will have to check out Sweet Mango.

We have a really good Thai restaurant here in Richmond. The only thing I don't like is the "lettuce rolls" They come like fajita's in a Mexican restaurant. Except there are like a thousand piles of ingredients and then your have to roll it yourself in the lettuce leaves that they give you. Very labor intensive ... and as it turns out ... messy. I needed a shop vac at my table when we were done
Used to love Lemon Grass.....new owner a year or so ago ......food is Yuchi.....place is no longer a fav

with all that work to make lettuce wraps sounds like PF Changs

I am still giggling about Nick's statement...."one of the classiest resorts in Mexico"
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2010, 06:29 PM
MD1 HACK
joshet89's Avatar
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
Used to love Lemon Grass.....new owner a year or so ago ......food is Yuchi.....place is no longer a fav

with all that work to make lettuce wraps sounds like PF Changs

I am still giggling about Nick's statement...."one of the classiest resorts in Mexico"
Can just hear it now "You stay classy Mexico"
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Cleveland Metroparks Part Deux Carnifax North Coast Electric Flyers 35 Apr 26, 2010 09:23 AM
Discussion Airco DH-2 Part deux D Johnson Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 13 Apr 07, 2010 05:50 PM
Discussion The Pounding Part Deux...Free Speech beats Statism MtnGoat Life, The Universe, and Politics 9 Jan 21, 2010 08:59 PM
Discussion Beta Detail - dmgoedde part deux CrashingDutchman UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 60 Sep 10, 2009 03:53 AM