SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by wedgewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:39 AM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
I didn't think that white on yellow would show up much without a keyline, but it does surprisingly well... so, scheme finally complete, very happy with the results.

Looks awesome Arron!
3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:33 PM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
Tell me I am not the only one - I cannot wait to get the hell out of work and start having some time off for the holidays. If I have one more customer ask me another stupid question I am going to strangle them!! O and Merry Christmas to everyone
nov is online now Find More Posts by nov
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:42 PM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,301 Posts
^^^^^^^not the only one!! So after hearing Santa Claus is Coming to Town about 100000000 times the last few hours, totally reminded me of one of my all time favorite Calvin & Hobbes
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Dec 22, 2010, 01:13 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
I have been off for two days... Work still is trying to work me....or remind me of how crazy next year is going to be...........

wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Dec 22, 2010, 01:20 PM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
I have been trying to go on "operation shutdown" but it just does not happen. The good news is the bedbug business is going great......hopefully more money in the spring to spend on hami-down planes, right Wedge?
Old Dec 22, 2010, 01:32 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nov View Post
I have been trying to go on "operation shutdown" but it just does not happen. The good news is the bedbug business is going great......hopefully more money in the spring to spend on hami-down planes, right Wedge?
So you are already after my 89 Slick?
Old Dec 22, 2010, 02:16 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,223 Posts
Skype isn't working today, which is completely awesome I have to say...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Dec 22, 2010, 02:38 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Our building is moving in NC .....soon the overachievers will have a server shutdown and i can ignore their texts......

Working on putting on skis tomorrow........ On me not any planes
Old Dec 22, 2010, 03:35 PM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
speaking of skis, anyone have the product number of the dubro set that most are using? My LHS had a set that were as big as a real snowboard - need to find the size I need.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 03:37 PM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,301 Posts
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDCT4&P=7

this is what i have on the slick and vyper, what local hobby shop are you using??
Old Dec 22, 2010, 03:52 PM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
E&S in Akron - he always has the best prices but if I have to I will drive down to Canton to Aero Tech - thanks for the info
Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:06 PM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,301 Posts
is that the guy off of the kenmore leg?? I think I called there once about something and it seemed like it was a real bother for whoever was to even answer the phone. Might have to give it a second chance since it is probably the closest to me.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:32 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Not to spread scat....but I had a similar experience with aero-tech after following up on an email newsletter they sent out....I called about the special and you think I said the guy was wearing man-pris.....geesh
Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:38 PM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
aero-tech is a bunch of flunkies - The problem is both stores have issues. Howard at E&S is not a bad guy, but your experience on the phone is what your experience will be in real person. I always say he is like the soup nazi on seinfeld - know what you want, get it, get out! The thing with Howard is you could spend 2 bucks or two thousand and if he is in a mood look out. I know him fairly well, my brother-in-law go in regularly and have flown with him quite a few times. His prices rock - I bought my G5 for $165!!! He can also order any parts he does not have and they are in withing 2-3 days. I need to find some good places up north - I don't mind the drive if it saves me some aggrevation.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:51 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Haha... I remember you guys talking about them when i was selling AR6100s

I had the specifics with the guy on the phone... Trying to get some motor back in the day....he was giving me some kind of guff about it...and i think i asked him if i reached the bureau of motor vehicles for all the help i was getting......... He didn't understand what i meant so i gently hung up.... I can go to Parma Hobby if i want to be driven so insane as to leave the hobby

I am sure they are sweet hearts live..... (let me know because i don't think you will find me going in there)

I do still get their emails though...better than stale cookies at PH which i would never eat.... Glad HT is still in business locally... I give him enough of my business to provide my hobby tithing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nov View Post
aero-tech is a bunch of flunkies - The problem is both stores have issues. Howard at E&S is not a bad guy, but your experience on the phone is what your experience will be in real person. I always say he is like the soup nazi on seinfeld - know what you want, get it, get out! The thing with Howard is you could spend 2 bucks or two thousand and if he is in a mood look out. I know him fairly well, my brother-in-law go in regularly and have flown with him quite a few times. His prices rock - I bought my G5 for $165!!! He can also order any parts he does not have and they are in withing 2-3 days. I need to find some good places up north - I don't mind the drive if it saves me some aggrevation.