HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by wedgewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 09:25 PM
Enjoying the nice weather
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
They are televised in some city I stayed in... top got ripped off and she stayed running ...
who hoo titas
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Old Dec 20, 2010, 09:58 PM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister782 View Post
who hoo titas
LOL. for some reason that struck me as really funny.
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old Dec 20, 2010, 10:20 PM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,287 Posts
ok so my esc is still telling me that its not getting the right voltage. I checked the solder joints from the connector to the esc, but I didn't think to check the bullets to the motor. would that make a difference on the voltage input??

at least the edge is ready to go so i'll get some cold weather flying in on that tomorrow.
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Dec 21, 2010, 05:25 AM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
ok so my esc is still telling me that its not getting the right voltage. I checked the solder joints from the connector to the esc, but I didn't think to check the bullets to the motor. would that make a difference on the voltage input??

at least the edge is ready to go so i'll get some cold weather flying in on that tomorrow.
What ESC, and type of battery, etc etc. We'll help figure this out.
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Dec 21, 2010, 05:35 AM
Enjoying the nice weather
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmoose View Post
What ESC, and type of battery, etc etc. We'll help figure this out.
good call moose. check the esc instructions. Kieth had to bail me out after hours of frustration.
I had to have esc off, throttle had to move to all the way on. turn on esc for 2 seconds, turn throttle to off/slow. unplug everything. and restart.
I had servo control before, but no motor. just beeps from ESC. I did what Kieth found on the internet and it worked. Been crashing, I mean flying ever since
hope that helps
Let us know
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Old Dec 21, 2010, 07:26 AM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,287 Posts
On my phone right now, so ill have to get th links later. But its a genaric hobbywing platinum 60A esc the one with the heat sink. Been working great up until it got cold, everything works great when I bench test inside in the warmth, go out side and nada. Opened up the instructions onlineand found what the code was saying. "Input voltage abnormal, either too high or too low". Now I'm using 3s 2200 flightmax batteries that when I plug them into my eagle tree are reading good voltage. Now as I was up during the night thinking about this the only other thing I can think of as a point of failure is the batt leads on the esc were a little too short so I soldered on another 2.5 inches on wire before the connector so my sausage fingers would have an easier time getting the battery connected. That might be something to try.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 05:01 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,185 Posts
I didn't think that white on yellow would show up much without a keyline, but it does surprisingly well... so, scheme finally complete, very happy with the results.

theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Dec 21, 2010, 05:19 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
I didn't think that white on yellow would show up much without a keyline, but it does surprisingly well... so, scheme finally complete, very happy with the results.
Looks awesome!!!
Old Dec 21, 2010, 05:50 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Uber sweet

Crap ..... I have to fly something tomorrow
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Dec 21, 2010, 05:51 PM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,287 Posts
Ya that scheme is one of my favs for sure and the snow flying doesn't hurt it at all! I will say flying in the snow is a blast. Had a great day flying the baby slick running around in the snow came home and was determined to get the vyper working. Took the extension off and still no go, came back in and put the esc into programming mode as sort of a reset and there it went. Hope you guys are all ready fo Christmas, I know I'm ready for at least a few days off
Old Dec 21, 2010, 06:26 PM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
Quote:
very happy with the results.
Love it!!
nov is offline Find More Posts by nov
Old Dec 21, 2010, 06:29 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
Ya that scheme is one of my favs for sure and the snow flying doesn't hurt it at all! I will say flying in the snow is a blast. Had a great day flying the baby slick running around in the snow came home and was determined to get the vyper working. Took the extension off and still no go, came back in and put the esc into programming mode as sort of a reset and there it went. Hope you guys are all ready fo Christmas, I know I'm ready for at least a few days off
I wonder if it somehow got accidently programmed for 6S or something.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 06:51 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmoose View Post
I wonder if it somehow got accidently programmed for 6S or something.
I guess all you need is the throttle in a funky position and move it when a beep goes off and "wallah" ..... that is what happens on my Common Sense stuff
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Dec 21, 2010, 06:56 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,185 Posts
some ESC's demand that they're turned on with the stick at full throttle. I've had a few that when you turned them on, wherever the throttle stick was became the end point for the throttle travel.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Dec 21, 2010, 09:10 PM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,686 Posts
Quote:

I might have to make a G5 Roo
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos