HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by wedgewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:05 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love nachos View Post
That is so tempting. I keep hearing that DA is the only way to go though. I think I am going to end up with a DLE though. Just need a plane to stick it in.
yeh, dang it..... the Devil's brew is damn tempting......
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:09 PM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,688 Posts
a Guy at the club recommended www.hobbypartz.com to me. Looks like some good prices and it beats China for shipping.
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:10 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,259 Posts
Quote:
That is so tempting. I keep hearing that DA is the only way to go though. I think I am going to end up with a DLE though. Just need a plane to stick it in.
from who?...

...cuz they're so right... my plane sucks, joe smith's Slick also sucks. weak and feeble things that barely manage to claw and grasp their way around the sky. and starting! dang, don't get me started... those half dozen flicks are excruciatingly horrible to endure.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:13 PM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,688 Posts
Haha.... for his own protection I will keep his identity a secret. He is a credible RC source though. But just as you say.... everyone else seems to be flying around the DLEs just fine. Thats what has been in the back of my head the whole time.

I think your sarcasm has sold me on DLE... that and their price
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:14 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,259 Posts
Quote:
a Guy at the club recommended www.hobbypartz.com to me. Looks like some good prices and it beats China for shipping.
(the Value-Hobby link I posted is a US retailer... that's $325 in the US... and "Warranty service and repair work handled here in Illinois, USA")
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:18 PM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
(the Value-Hobby link I posted is a US retailer... that's $325 in the US... and "Warranty service and repair work handled here in Illinois, USA")
My link was not in reply to yours. It was just simply sharing information that I had. The timing just made it seem like it was a response. I was more interested in it for batteries
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:21 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,259 Posts
Quote:
Haha.... for his own protection I will keep his identity a secret. He is a credible RC source though. But just as you say.... everyone else seems to be flying around the DLEs just fine. Thats what has been in the back of my head the whole time.

I think your sarcasm has sold me on DLE... that and their price
scrawny dude that flies an over powered white 103" Extra?
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:24 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,259 Posts
Quote:
My link was not in reply to yours. It was just simply sharing information that I had. The timing just made it seem like it was a response. I was more interested in it for batteries
fair enough... I've still yet to order from Hobby Parts, and yet to hear customer stories good or bad.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:07 PM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,688 Posts
I don't know who you could be speaking of.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 07:27 AM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
fair enough... I've still yet to order from Hobby Parts, and yet to hear customer stories good or bad.
I've done about 4 orders from hobbypartz never any issues so can't comment on the customer service, but shipping has always been pretty quick by just selecting the stsndard shipping option. Ya and after seeing/hearing all the gas engines this past weekend has really got me excited about one for myself. I think a 72sc on a dle30 would fit me about perfect. Already started informing all the family that christmas presents should be directed in that direction so as I'm putting a list together other than the obvious (servos engine and Rx) what are good things to put on the list for a gas setup? What are things that are necessary for a setup and what are things that are really cool to have but maybe not necessary?

Nick thanks for the suggestions on the foamies and let me tell you if I go that direction pink foam board is the way to go! Was sort of thinking more along the lines of a balsa kit or build, maybe scaling down or probably just finding some plans for like a ugly stik?
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:26 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
If you can get the same components you have in your Vyper you should look for a 3DHS EBT ....

http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/53-EBT-Tr...e_p_15323.html

whenever you grow tired of it, all of the stuff moves directly into the 46 Vyper, 47 SHP or 47 Edge (when it comes back)..... seems like the perfect route

As for pink foamies I have my Winter Man Pris all set to fly this rebuild of my 40" GP SU-31 :-) just needs ailerons and components.... should be tooling through the backyard soon

Last edited by wedgewing; Nov 16, 2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 05:06 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Speaking of Vyper ..... this better hold the gear now....

Produced with Gobbaglue....
Old Nov 16, 2010, 05:50 PM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,688 Posts
Is that Italian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
Speaking of Vyper ..... this better hold the gear now....

Produced with Gobbaglue....
Old Nov 16, 2010, 05:55 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
no...its American Gorilla Glue foaming an expanding prior to me buzzing it off
looks like I sprayed home foam insulation in there

the poor beast is lacking some contact points inside so I had to add some small screws to hold it together...

I will drill out the deck plate after for weight reduction and ventilation .....

despite the repeated insults to the frame she is still rather light because I have always chopped out items before replacing

in the air tomorrow if it doesn't rain and I don't murder it with mixed ailerons (seeing I now have an extra Optic 7 receiver )
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:31 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
autopsy on the A9 radio settings for the 47 Edge not only show that in my rush to get it set up for Stacks I had the ailerons reversed but tonight I saw that I had no expo programmed for high rates

as I switched it over to the 46 Vyper it all got a total flush and if I get some weather tomorrow to fly it in it should make it back in one piece.....