SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by wedgewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:56 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
yep, I like that charger......but you are spot on .... the price for the buck is excellent.... stay logged onto the same page that has the charger for about 20 minutes, and they come up with a pop up that should drive the price of the GT/A-6 down to about $49...maybe less.... the robot sees you lurking and offers you the gold discount :-)
login with a platinum account and it will be the same as the "you've waited forever" price
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Nov 10, 2010, 01:19 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
exactly..... I am some level of metal......

looks like I am coming home early from Raleigh......crunched on something and the number 2 molar in the upper right just shattered ..... I am sure my face will be blown up tomorrow...... Ughh.... hoping to get patched up for the weekend
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:42 AM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,305 Posts
Quote:

looks like I am coming home early from Raleigh......crunched on something and the number 2 molar in the upper right just shattered ..... I am sure my face will be blown up tomorrow...... Ughh.... hoping to get patched up for the weekend
Dental work is no fun!!

so any opinions on this charger here.....http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=15143

is feathermerchant the best place for a good power supply? Or getting like a server power supply and converting something like that? I have converted a few pc power supplies but I think the ones I have converted aren't putting out enough juice since they came out of some OLD computers.
joshet89 is online now Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:46 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,246 Posts
Quote:

ouch...

...I hate teeth. something is wrong... all the animals out there that just get never ending supplies of teeth, like sharks... and humans get a couple of sets and they're relatively brittle... it just shouldn't be that way.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 04:41 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
Dental work is no fun!!

so any opinions on this charger here.....http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=15143

is feathermerchant the best place for a good power supply? Or getting like a server power supply and converting something like that? I have converted a few pc power supplies but I think the ones I have converted aren't putting out enough juice since they came out of some OLD computers.
that charger has no great advantage over the one that Wedge linked to unless you want to get into the parallel charging deal that some do.

feathermerchant supplies have a great reputation... you can of course convert your own. Another source is to look on ebay for used Meanwell power supplies... mine is a 600W 15V beast that I nabbed for $25...
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:28 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Yeh.....us and the elephant get one set and then we die......almost to the point of doing the walkabout to the elephant graveyard :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
ouch...

...I hate teeth. something is wrong... all the animals out there that just get never ending supplies of teeth, like sharks... and humans get a couple of sets and they're relatively brittle... it just shouldn't be that way.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:29 PM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,305 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-Proliant-DL38...item4a9bf0b8e1

Ya I was thinking about this supply and converting from there. Ya after doing a little more research on the charger, not a lot of glowing reviews so it looks like I am going to go with the one wedge linked. Only problem, I'm not going to have any charged batts for the 65 this weekend. Sooooo if there is a free spot on a charger anywhere it would be much appreciated

After getting in some good runs on the lil vyper yesterday im down to about 99.9% sure it was my thumbs on the inverted yaw. Had some nice long strait inverted passes with some snamps thrown in for good measure. Boy is the vyper just an awesome airframe.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:31 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Soon I will have a feathermerchant PS.... cheap and oodles of power.... with the 200 W on my chargergs you.can go multi on a couple batts if you want.... I just have them firing off on the three chargers and rotate to another plane while they are charging :-)

Quote:
that charger has no great advantage over the one that Wedge linked to unless you want to get into the parallel charging deal that some do.

feathermerchant supplies have a great reputation... you can of course convert your own. Another source is to look on ebay for used Meanwell power supplies... mine is a 600W 15V beast that I nabbed for $25...
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:32 PM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Awesome Job! It looks fantastic!

Quote:
freehand cut roo... quite usable methinks...

3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:34 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
I will.have a spot you can.use.....that way you can test the charger.... you on Deans, correct? Don't know if you are one of the Power Pole zealots :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-Proliant-DL38...item4a9bf0b8e1

Ya I was thinking about this supply and converting from there. Ya after doing a little more research on the charger, not a lot of glowing reviews so it looks like I am going to go with the one wedge linked. Only problem, I'm not going to have any charged batts for the 65 this weekend. Sooooo if there is a free spot on a charger anywhere it would be much appreciated

After getting in some good runs on the lil vyper yesterday im down to about 99.9% sure it was my thumbs on the inverted yaw. Had some nice long strait inverted passes with some snamps thrown in for good measure. Boy is the vyper just an awesome airframe.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:38 PM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,305 Posts
Quote:
I will.have a spot you can.use.....that way you can test the charger.... you on Deans, correct? Don't know if you are one of the Power Pole zealots :-)
sweet! No i put mini-jst's on everything....Looks really funky on the 6S batteries too!!

seriously deans on everything, finally getting thru the big bag I bought earlier this year at toledo.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 06:00 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Those mini JST connectors have to work better than my alligators clips and packing tape.....so sick of how tough Deans are to pull apart :-)
Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:22 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,246 Posts
Quote:
Yeh.....us and the elephant get one set and then we die......almost to the point of doing the walkabout to the elephant graveyard :-)
deer are the worst though... their teeth continually grow, and they eat to keep them trimmed, but at some point they stop growing, can't eat and die. So much so that they don't know how long deer would live if they could maintain getting food after their teeth stopped growing. poor buggers... stupid bunghole hunters or a slow starving death, it's a lot to look forward to ...
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:28 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,281 Posts
Quote:
feathermerchant supplies have a great reputation...
+1 for feathermerchant. I love mine.
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:47 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
stupid bunghole hunters or a slow starving death, it's a lot to look forward to ...
As was the elephant reference...teeth grow and wear down till they are gone and starve....."its nature's way...." as a Steve Irwinism. ......

Deer are cute, and are tasty..... I never sought out the bunghole when hunting them....... unlike others, I could give two craps about racks on a deer when hunting (racks on a girl that's different ....) and my decision to hunt came from biking through cuyahoga valley in the middle of winter seeing emaciated deer who had overgrazed their surroundings. Humans love for patchworking the nation with farm, homes, forest, and plains has actually produced a better environment for them and in the areas I have seen the pop density is at least 30 times higher per square mile than it should be

I don't care about trophies.... we as piggy man wiped out any natural predetors so now nothing but oldsmobiles are keeping the hooved pidgeons in check :-)

So they do super well among us...they eat over 600 types.of vegetation and our homes are like going to fogo de chow for them :-)

As for bunghole hunters....there were tons of aholes in the woods I would have rather taken out than the deer (in the name or improving the gene pool) but until the deer can start writing laws I am prevented from.doing so....

Best memories in the woods were fallling asleep on the ground against a tree and having two chipmunks chase eachother all over me like I was part of the forest.... I didn't move..... when I was in a tree stand I had a wood pecker land on the side of my leg..... freaked me out but I didn't move and.only did.so.when it looked like he was setting up to drill me...... there are tons more but one additional favorite was being at the base of a tree and having a flock of at least 30 turkey come by me as they walked through the woods around my tree...:-) they are a fascinating creature whose eyeball is so complex that it can focus on up close and far away items.at the same time... if we had an eye that size it would.be the size of a softball on our heads....they see color and are the most motion.sensitive animal.in the woods ... more than any deer I would bring out of the woods for.the purpose of eating.... I most enjoyed doing.nothing than getting away and blending into the surroundings .... Next to that was not being shot by packs of roving Amish poachers.... they may be good at woodwork but if you are in the woods with them you better dig a foxhole......

Most of my bunghole hunting stuff I have just sold off so I can continue to be a bunghole flier :-)