SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by wedgewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 09, 2010, 10:36 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love nachos View Post
I wont know until saturday if I will make it. Any of you plan to be there sunday at all?

I got the little guy all day, but I am thinking I might just bring him a long and hang out for an hour or two and not really worry about flying. I am going to try an get a babysitter for a few hours though.
looks like it may be an overnighter for myself and Noll... but while I may make it to Sunday, you know that my planes only stand half that chance
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Nov 09, 2010, 12:32 PM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
looks like it may be an overnighter for myself and Noll... but while I may make it to Sunday, you know that my planes only stand half that chance
Haha. I just want to see the Roo fly. I think if the weather is good, we will take the drive.

Other note I stopped at the field today and finally nailed the KE Spin on my 57. As for the rest of my flights they were sloppy and ugly. I was shaking after, it has been too long.
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old Nov 09, 2010, 01:03 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,186 Posts
Quote:
Haha. I just want to see the Roo fly. I think if the weather is good, we will take the drive.

Other note I stopped at the field today and finally nailed the KE Spin on my 57. As for the rest of my flights they were sloppy and ugly. I was shaking after, it has been too long.
speaking of roos... the underside of the wings, the roo I need is the one on the left that looks to the right... and the "AUS" and "3DHS" for the tips would be sweet too. txt me the $$ and I'll fix you up for 'em... see, then you have to tell your old man you have to come and collect payment
Old Nov 09, 2010, 01:06 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,186 Posts
actually... scrap that... I just looked at the spare large roo, and that's the one I damaged. So, including the tail, I just happen to write off the stickers that you gave me spares for. way to precisely scrap an airplane! w00t!

...the AUS/3DHS would be sweet though
Old Nov 09, 2010, 01:19 PM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,686 Posts
I will work it up. I knew you were going to bang up that wing. I think you will have to hand cut that one though. Let me know if it is an issue.
Old Nov 09, 2010, 01:21 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,186 Posts
Quote:
I will work it up. I knew you were going to bang up that wing. I think you will have to hand cut that one though. Let me know if it is an issue.
issue for who?... some mere mortal?... you didn't mean me did you?

Old Nov 09, 2010, 01:49 PM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,686 Posts
So you are a mutant. I hear the X-Men are hiring. You should go try out
Old Nov 09, 2010, 05:37 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,186 Posts
Quote:
So you are a mutant. I hear the X-Men are hiring. You should go try out
mmmmmmmm... naked blue chicks....
Old Nov 09, 2010, 07:48 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,186 Posts
freehand cut roo... quite usable methinks...

Old Nov 09, 2010, 08:04 PM
Enjoying the nice weather
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,654 Posts
Quote:
I wont know until saturday if I will make it. Any of you plan to be there sunday at all?

I got the little guy all day, but I am thinking I might just bring him a long and hang out for an hour or two and not really worry about flying. I am going to try an get a babysitter for a few hours though.
i can hold him for a 10 min flight.
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Old Nov 09, 2010, 08:29 PM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,686 Posts
Nice job Arron. You truly are super human.
Uncle Bob! I might throw the 57 in the truck.
Old Nov 09, 2010, 10:35 PM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,288 Posts
I don't think you were going to find a better day here in NE Ohio in November, so I just had to enjoy it, I love tuesdays off. 2 flights with the big vyper today and man that airplane is awesome. The old guys at the club were pretty much in shock watching that thing fly. The one guy came up and was like wow i bet that takes a big battery like a 4s right?? When I showed him the 6s it was just a low woah . Only problem is 2 batteries definately are not enough! Of course my charger decided now would be a good time to go on the fritz any good suggestions on a good charging setup?

little family portrait from the field today
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Nov 09, 2010, 11:24 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
here is my happy set up

I have two of these chargers and I like them very much

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7386

I also have an accucel 8 and I plug them all into a marine deep cycle I got a walmart
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Nov 09, 2010, 11:40 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,186 Posts
the one Wedge posted is about the best bang for the buck, but my favorite charger... http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...&products_id=2

...10S, means you can do three 3S packs in series at a time... for flying the little ones, it just keeps rolling them through... two 4S or 5S in series at 2C charge rates... woot.
Old Nov 09, 2010, 11:48 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
yep, I like that charger......but you are spot on .... the price for the buck is excellent.... stay logged onto the same page that has the charger for about 20 minutes, and they come up with a pop up that should drive the price of the GT/A-6 down to about $49...maybe less.... the robot sees you lurking and offers you the gold discount :-)
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing