HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by wedgewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 07, 2010, 06:04 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Haha Nope! The Green Vypers gear fell off when I jammed it in the car though :-(

That plate I made sucks so I will have to fix it before Saturday. I was sliding in my wing bags and caught the handle and the next thing I am holding the gear :-) laughed

It got real windy and the friggin sun was right in my face.attend.the Grafton field.... took off everytime with the wind behind me....that big Vyper is so smooth it could care less

Stupid fun elevators all day and they were floating long enough that you could add a roller and reverse it and then drop back into elevator :-) I could.have cared less about maneuvers as the plane was so fun to fly

47 Edge never made it out if the truck
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Nov 07, 2010, 06:07 PM
Enjoying the nice weather
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,650 Posts
Bummer. did the 65 act normal now that the aileron was glued?
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Old Nov 07, 2010, 06:14 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
I had edited the answer above. Aileron repair was super easy and my only challenge was forgetting to remove the trims I had added :-) no worries the plane is awesome and I think.I just flew.out of them. Too windy to take it down super low since to me I was remaidening. Cost too much to F it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister782 View Post
Bummer. did the 65 act normal now that the aileron was glued?
Old Nov 08, 2010, 06:48 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Well next weekend sounds like it is packing up with celebraties. Arron and his Roo (sponsored by Tapatalk :-) ), Noll (horton), Glenn (Xsubsailor), Chris (CTunder), are all.coming from the East. Eric from Columbus, SleepyC and some FG guys.... Sam and I will go Saturday and check it out. Club has 4 pilot limit flying at one time, but 12 stations...... I smell violation of some sort :-)

I will possibly bring a laptop and camera for a UStream if I am not juggling to much chaos.... figured Nick could check in from work at least .....I know he wants HAKE
Old Nov 08, 2010, 08:35 AM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,216 Posts
My Sat has just cleared up. Even though I have to work from 5AM to 1:30PM, I'll probably at least come down to say hello. If the weather is nice, I bring some toys.
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Nov 08, 2010, 08:52 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,158 Posts
actually, I don't think SleepyC will be there... noticing on FG that he's going to the CA huckfest, so... can't be in two places at once I assume...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Nov 08, 2010, 10:19 AM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
Corn Vypers today :-)

looking good!!

After picking up a new new toy yesterday (Thanks again Nick!) and almost getting everything tightened up, I need some help with the 65 Vyper. Dug thru all of my boxes and drawers and can not find anthing to measure throw in degrees, so I need some help with some throws that are in some sort of linear measurement.

Yesterday was a perfect day down in Doylestown, and there is plenty of sky down there so im thinking the 4 plane limit might be more of a suggestion (at least this weekend). After playing with my little vyper some more I think I am getting more and more convinced that it is in my thumbs on my inverted yaw, but not 100% sure. Either way that is such a sweet airplane and really excited to start throwing the 65 around!
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Nov 08, 2010, 10:31 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
looking good!!

A Dug thru all of my boxes and drawers and can not find anthing to measure throw in degrees, so I need some help with some throws that are in some sort of linear measurement.

print up a bunch of these on card stock and cut to the throws you need

if you transfer them to card board or even scrap wood and throw them in your bag the are handy at the field
Old Nov 08, 2010, 10:47 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,158 Posts
I'm all for the paper deals when nothing else is handy, but this is one of the coolest gadgets... http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/AJ-Throw-...s_p_15454.html
Old Nov 08, 2010, 11:07 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
I'm all for the paper deals when nothing else is handy, but this is one of the coolest gadgets... http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/AJ-Throw-...s_p_15454.html
Oh yeh.....100% on the AJ meter..... I have one and love it... When you are in a jam or need it now....that is what i was talking about. I had liked the wooden one PA provided but it used angles that were odd

Before the purchase of my 51 Slick I never had one,......So i took the key angles and made them from the protractor shown and transferred them onto real thick card board (presentation quality stuff) and used that
Old Nov 08, 2010, 11:22 AM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,274 Posts
Ya AJ meter is definatly in my next order. here and now is good for tomorrow tho
any other things I should be looking for when setting everything up for the 65?
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Nov 08, 2010, 11:30 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
Ya AJ meter is definatly in my next order. here and now is good for tomorrow tho
any other things I should be looking for when setting everything up for the 65?
more batteries...... the plane flies so big and fun you will dread the down time waiting for batts to charge
Old Nov 08, 2010, 11:40 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,158 Posts
if you're in a jam, any old piece of paper: fold once for 90 degrees, twice for 45, three times for 22.5 ...fold between those fold marks for 11.25 degree increments... 33.75, etc...
Old Nov 08, 2010, 11:46 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
if you're in a jam, any old piece of paper: fold once for 90 degrees, twice for 45, three times for 22.5 ...fold between those fold marks for 11.25 degree increments... 33.75, etc...
or print the protractor on that same piece of paper
Old Nov 08, 2010, 12:53 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,158 Posts
should I install the smoke pump for this weekend?...