HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by wedgewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 02, 2010, 05:30 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
...so you drink what Nick is made of?... eww.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Nov 02, 2010, 05:50 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Great point......

Somehow my questioning his beer take has flipped the Gay-O-Meter in the wrong direction.....

I should have told him it would taste better if he drank it out of the bottle chilled and not catching it off the back of another man-pris supporter :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
...so you drink what Nick is made of?... eww.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Nov 02, 2010, 09:30 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
lol... I like that "man-pris supporter" could be either a person who supports the man-pris cause... or some kind of device that's otherwise designed to hold junk in a man-pris specific fashion...
Old Nov 02, 2010, 09:31 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
you girls are all coming to stacks-on the 13th, right?
Old Nov 03, 2010, 01:07 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
I am there for sure

Old Nov 03, 2010, 05:58 AM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,241 Posts
Quote:
I have to work that morning.
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Nov 03, 2010, 06:15 AM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Quote:
I won't be able to make it. I don't think I will be making any more trips to Ohio this year. We have convinced the in-laws to drive the 8 hours down from Ohio to see us for Thanksgiving.

I am sure I will be up in Ohio a few times next year.
3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler
Old Nov 03, 2010, 06:45 AM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Dabbler View Post
I won't be able to make it. I don't think I will be making any more trips to Ohio this year. We have convinced the in-laws to drive the 8 hours down from Ohio to see us for Thanksgiving.

I am sure I will be up in Ohio a few times next year.
then I guess the award for most miles traveled is in play Don't worry Mike, plenty of events in 2011 to get to.
nov is offline Find More Posts by nov
Old Nov 03, 2010, 07:00 AM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,688 Posts
Yeah I have to work too. I will see if I can maybe weasel out early.
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old Nov 03, 2010, 08:04 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Both days are open for flying

Old Nov 03, 2010, 08:45 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmoose View Post
I have to work that morning.
so we'll see you in the afternoon then, sweet
Old Nov 03, 2010, 09:08 AM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,295 Posts
still trying to get off of work in the afternoon on saturday as well, was down at that field yesterday for a few hours now that all the corn is gone there is plenty of space for all kinds of stuff. Grass is kept real nice, I have no problem getting my 46 vyper around with pants on her.

Speaking of my vyper I need a little help, really was focusing on my inverted flight yesterday. I've noticed a yaw tendency in the past and I've sort of wrote it off to not enough practice and pushing a little bit of rudder when I give a little bit of elevator to maintain level flight (I fly mode 1). Well after a number of packs thru my 42 slick (awesome by the way!!!) I was having no tracking issues tooling around inverted with the slick. What I'm seeing is as I roll to inverted coming across the box right to left its yawing away from me. I'm trimmed for right side up strait and level and have no problems its just inverted????

By the way yesterday was maiden on the slick and man what an awesome airplane. The bottom line for me in this hobby is when you get an airplane up that does what you want it to do makes you look like and make you better as a pilot and you can feel the grin stretching from side to side, man that is my moment.

TIA for the help on the Vyper and looking forward to meeting you guys in a few weeks.
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Nov 03, 2010, 09:12 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
still trying to get off of work in the afternoon on saturday as well, was down at that field yesterday for a few hours now that all the corn is gone there is plenty of space for all kinds of stuff. Grass is kept real nice, I have no problem getting my 46 vyper around with pants on her.

Speaking of my vyper I need a little help, really was focusing on my inverted flight yesterday. I've noticed a yaw tendency in the past and I've sort of wrote it off to not enough practice and pushing a little bit of rudder when I give a little bit of elevator to maintain level flight (I fly mode 1). Well after a number of packs thru my 42 slick (awesome by the way!!!) I was having no tracking issues tooling around inverted with the slick. What I'm seeing is as I roll to inverted coming across the box right to left its yawing away from me. I'm trimmed for right side up strait and level and have no problems its just inverted????

By the way yesterday was maiden on the slick and man what an awesome airplane. The bottom line for me in this hobby is when you get an airplane up that does what you want it to do makes you look like and make you better as a pilot and you can feel the grin stretching from side to side, man that is my moment.

TIA for the help on the Vyper and looking forward to meeting you guys in a few weeks.
harrier flight needs rudder to keep the plane going straight due to "p-factor" (the pitch of the prop and the path of the airplane means that one side of the prop is trying to turn the plane). Trim your rudder for regular flight (3/4 throttle), and then part of the fun/challenge/whatever of harriers is needing to correct with your rudder as required.
Old Nov 03, 2010, 09:20 AM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,295 Posts
not really inverted harrier with the Vyper too much, I have too much fun drawing lines with it. So its in a 3/4 throttle inverted line.....thats when I see the yaw. I can string out a slow roll the length of the field and not see the yaw in the inverted section of my slow roll. I'm still thinking its probably my limited inverted ablities, but I want to make sure there isn't a set up issue that I could be missing.
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Nov 03, 2010, 10:21 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
harrier flight needs rudder to keep the plane going straight due to "p-factor" (the pitch of the prop and the path of the airplane means that one side of the prop is trying to turn the plane). Trim your rudder for regular flight (3/4 throttle), and then part of the fun/challenge/whatever of harriers is needing to correct with your rudder as required.
I want to talk to you later about that if I can when I am reprogramming the 46 & 65