HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by wedgewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:13 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Dabbler View Post
I am looking forward to your photos. I didn't take a single picture. It was too fun watching.

It was great seeing all of you guys again. I wish I would have had vacation time available and could have been there for the whole event. Next time I will have to.

Are any of you are planning to go to SEFF 2011 or Joe Nall?
SEFF is being changed to a late September event ...just heard
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Sep 13, 2010, 07:51 AM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,682 Posts
HeHe that rocket VR1 was awesome.

I posted this on addicts also....
Huckfest 2010 saturday night (0 min 20 sec)
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old Sep 13, 2010, 08:12 AM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nov View Post
Mike it was very fun spotting for you on Saturday, you did a great job flying! Plan on being at Huckfest next year for a few days - I think we should all plan on going to a few events next year - A Stacks on the Move Tour 2011!
Thanks for spotting for me! You are the best spotter, constantly reassuring, stroking the ego: Your doing great! oh you are flying super smooth! etc etc.

I need you to come to work with me and tell me that kind of stuff as well ! LOL
3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler
Old Sep 13, 2010, 03:14 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,158 Posts
was great to meet up again, and thanks for the great time again guys!

...as for more events... if SEFF is later in the year next year, Joe Nall will prolly get hit pretty hard by 3DHS. The 104 Slicks will be in by then, etc etc.

Next event for me will be the Keystone Indoor, which is as cool as indoor gets, the venue is massive... http://pafunfly.com
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Sep 13, 2010, 03:22 PM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
That would be awesome. My brother in law lives 20 minutes away from Joe Nall. So, if there is a big 3DHS turn out then I can bring the whole family to visit with the in laws and go up the street to Joe Nall every day.

Hopefully, my wife will count that as a vacation so we don't have to go to Disney World again as well.

But I am guessing not. She deserves Disney. I guess we will do both.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 03:30 PM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,682 Posts
Quote:
That would be awesome. My brother in law lives 20 minutes away from Joe Nall. So, if there is a big 3DHS turn out then I can bring the whole family to visit with the in laws and go up the street to Joe Nall every day.

Hopefully, my wife will count that as a vacation so we don't have to go to Disney World again as well.

But I am guessing not. She deserves Disney. I guess we will do both.
Haha we have very different opinions about Disney World I guess.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 03:40 PM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
was great to meet up again, and thanks for the great time again guys!

...as for more events... if SEFF is later in the year next year, Joe Nall will prolly get hit pretty hard by 3DHS. The 104 Slicks will be in by then, etc etc.

Next event for me will be the Keystone Indoor, which is as cool as indoor gets, the venue is massive... http://pafunfly.com
guys that looks to be 280 miles. Mike set the bar with driving so far to Huckfest - I guess no one can complain how far this is!!
nov is offline Find More Posts by nov
Old Sep 13, 2010, 03:55 PM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nov View Post
guys that looks to be 280 miles. Mike set the bar with driving so far to Huckfest - I guess no one can complain how far this is!!
My wife can.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:30 PM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love nachos View Post
Haha we have very different opinions about Disney World I guess.
I really like Disney World. I have been there 6? ... 7? times. I'm not sure (most of those were free to me). What hurts is the $4500 to $5000 that it cost me to go there last time with the whole family.

-Mike
Old Sep 13, 2010, 05:40 PM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,682 Posts
Quote:
I really like Disney World. I have been there 6? ... 7? times. I'm not sure (most of those were free to me). What hurts is the $4500 to $5000 that it cost me to go there last time with the whole family.

-Mike
Ouch. I am just not a fan of crowds and the heat. Combine them both and i need a xanex. Just kidding of course.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 06:09 PM
Enjoying the nice weather
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
I have a sh/t load of photos to post
Tell Sam,Thanks for taking some pics of me. I saw him standing there snap'n pictures
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Old Sep 13, 2010, 06:15 PM
Enjoying the nice weather
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,650 Posts
I will be posting photos soon and some movies. Some will be here, some will be on addicts thread
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Old Sep 13, 2010, 06:17 PM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Nick, When did you switch to Brandon Chitty's airplane as your avatar?

That was a pretty phenomenal performance. I am really looking forward to the Friday night flying video that SleepyC said he has. Hopefully he will post it soon.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 06:46 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister782 View Post
Tell Sam,Thanks for taking some pics of me. I saw him standing there snap'n pictures
I am sure I have even more. Sam discovered the "fully-auto" button that just keep firing away photos as long as he holds down the button.

I kid you not, he held the button down for Joe Smith's entire flight. Some awesome shots that could be glued together to make something really cool.

He did the same thing for Arron on the 72 Extra and I will post a nice torque roll sequence. They are all high MB nice pictures so they take a while to load.

I have just about the entire jet plane flight as I rapid fired that one too.

I loved the one I posted with Arron at the base and the orange glow of the rockets :-)

Good news also on the home front as I have been able to patch up most of the debate with my wife ... I truly believe she thought I was. Coming home with a 103 Extra and she knew there would be no stopping me then:-)

I had a blast hanging out with all of you. It was a blast. Next year I will be doing the two day deal (hell maybe 4 day)

Like Nachos, I would have some challenges selling Joe Nall, but having a big bird is going to change all that :-)

Hoping Nick can sell his wife on the 25th in Delaware, OH for RCBirk's 3D fly in. .... There will be a piss load of "HaaaAaaaKaaaayE" maneuvers to show of the new "Dekals"

Dave is Fishing, but Bob can you make it? Very cool if Arron could come down there and make it a very cool blow out

Oh well, in Houston this week at a meeting. Sure as hell would like to be west of here over in Mecca
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Sep 13, 2010, 08:03 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,158 Posts
nah, I wont be making it anywhere on the 25th that's that far away. on the 23rd I'm flying a demo for a group of scouts though...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM