HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Jimmie Allen, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:58 AM
TEMECULA, CA 92592
Joined Nov 2007
4 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
Sold
Used os max-h .60 engine

This appears to be a converted engine but I'm not sure. It has a an Octura Kool Clamp aroud the head and it is connected via tubes to the back plate of the motor. The motor doesn't turn and it has some scratches and nicks. It needs re-furbishing. No glow plug but I can throw one in. I was planing to re-build this engine but I have too many projects. I think this engine was built in the 70's. It is a bit diry but it should be easy to clean.

$25.00 shipped to CONUS (PayPAl or MO)
Thanks for looking.
Jimmie Allen is offline Find More Posts by Jimmie Allen
Last edited by Jimmie Allen; Apr 24, 2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2010, 09:28 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, QC, Quebec City
Joined Sep 2006
5,901 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
The T-fitting attached to the back plate is a pulse activated fuel pump, I guess it was supposed to circulate coolant to the kool clamp true the small coil. Wouldn't have been enough for a 60's even on low nitro and those fuel pump have a very low flow anyway since it was to feed a carb of the period,I think these pump where made by Sullivan (I have the 1/2A version)but not as good as the Perry pump system.
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:21 AM
TEMECULA, CA 92592
Joined Nov 2007
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan View Post
The T-fitting attached to the back plate is a pulse activated fuel pump, I guess it was supposed to circulate coolant to the kool clamp true the small coil. Wouldn't have been enough for a 60's even on low nitro and those fuel pump have a very low flow anyway since it was to feed a carb of the period,I think these pump where made by Sullivan (I have the 1/2A version)but not as good as the Perry pump system.
Thanks for the explanation, interesting concept. I wonder what kind of fluid was inside the lines.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:34 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie Allen View Post
This appears to be a converted engine but I'm not sure. It has a an Octura Kool Clamp aroud the head and it is connected via tubes to the back plate of the motor. The motor doesn't turn and it has some scratches and nicks. It needs re-furbishing. No glow plug but I can throw one in. I was planing to re-build this engine but I have too many projects. I think this engine was built in the 70's. It is a bit diry but it should be easy to clean.

$25.00 shipped to CONUS (PayPAl or MO)
Thanks for looking.
Hi Jimmy. What kind of shape is the carb and needle valve assembly. I really only need the needle valve assembly. Would gladly pay $10 shipped for just the needle valve and fuel inlet if you're willing to part it out. PM me here or to my e-mail, scalphunter@alaweb.com. Pay any way you want, PayPal, money order, cashiers check. Thanks
scalphunter is offline Find More Posts by scalphunter
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:47 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3 Posts
Hi again Jimmy. On second thought I'll take the whole thing. Been looking for three months for a carb with no luck. Since this is obviously a parts motor, it's really what I need. Send me an e-mail ( scalphunter@alaweb.com ) telling me how you want your money! Thanks
Old Jun 22, 2010, 03:53 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3 Posts
Hey Jimmy, if you still have the motor I'll take it. Don't know if you got my other messages/e-mails or not so I thought I'd give it one more try. If you still have it e-mail me ( scalphunter@alaweb.com ) and send your paypal info or at least let me know if you still have the engine for sale or not. Thanks
Last edited by scalphunter; Jun 25, 2010 at 11:57 PM. Reason: spelling again
Old Jun 27, 2010, 12:40 AM
TEMECULA, CA 92592
Joined Nov 2007
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalphunter View Post
Hey Jimmy, if you still have the motor I'll take it. Don't know if you got my other messages/e-mails or not so I thought I'd give it one more try. If you still have it e-mail me ( scalphunter@alaweb.com ) and send your paypal info or at least let me know if you still have the engine for sale or not. Thanks
I'm sorry for the late reply, but my instant notification was not set correctly. I sent you a PM.

Thanks
Old Jun 29, 2010, 02:31 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3 Posts
Jimmy by now you should have received your payment. don't forget to mark the thread as sold. THANKS!
Closed Thread