HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 23, 2010, 07:31 PM
blue moon with an orange slice
LI NY
Joined Mar 2009
210 Posts
Discussion
In all fairness shouldn’t there be a Atheists Quote of the week

I don’t feel it’s right to post in the bible quote of the week…that’s their thing and I don’t want to disrespect it as I see sometimes happens…so how about some Atheists Quotes of the week…

Here’s a few to catch up…!

Lighthouses are more helpful then churches. — Benjamin Franklin


All thinking men are atheists. — Ernest Hemingway


I almost shudder at the thought of alluding to the most fatal example of the abuses of grief which the history of mankind has preserved -- the Cross. Consider what calamities that engine of grief has produced!
-- John Adams

Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile. — Kurt Vonnegut
popdada is offline Find More Posts by popdada
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 08:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Eat meat , cause plants have feelings too ........................OHhhh , , , Atheists ? , ? , ? ...Sorry , My bad , For some reason you said Atheists and my brain heard vegitarians
init4fun is offline Find More Posts by init4fun
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 23, 2010, 08:27 PM
And You're Not
Timbuktu, Mali (Happy?)
Joined Oct 2002
6,514 Posts
I'd be perfectly happy if proselytizing off all types was relegated to chit chat.

Maybe get the mods to start a new sub-forum, "Faith and Other Superstitions"
Jeffery is offline Find More Posts by Jeffery
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 08:29 PM
Registered User
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
855 Posts
Omg no
Libelle201B is offline Find More Posts by Libelle201B
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 08:32 PM
Registered User Wannabe
rodneygt's Avatar
Southwest Mississippi, USA
Joined Jan 2008
1,529 Posts
So your quoting atheists, not quotes from their philosophy, correct?

I don't see any quotes from George Lincoln Rockwell.

You could add this one: "You see, it's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn't we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?" - - Adolf Hitler

Perhaps you could throw in some Stalin or Mao while your at it.
rodneygt is offline Find More Posts by rodneygt
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 08:48 PM
blue moon with an orange slice
LI NY
Joined Mar 2009
210 Posts
Hitler was a Catholic,Stalin was an Eastern Orthodox.
Hitlers mother wanted him to be a Catholic priest. Stalins mother wanted him to be an Orthodox priest.
Hitler attended a Benedictine monastery. Stalin attended Orthodox theological school and the seminary.

how about Osama bin Laden He’s a pretty pious guy…believes very strongly in god…
both sides of this coin can get ugly...


here you go the atheists philosophy...

Atheism rises above creeds, and puts Humanity upon one plane. There can be no "chosen people" in the Atheist philosophy. There are no bended knees in Atheism; no supplications, no prayers; no sacrificial redemptions; no "divine" revelations; no washing in the blood of the lamb; no crusades, no massacres, no holy wars; no heaven, no hell, no purgatory; no silly rewards and no vindictive punishments; no christs and no saviors; no devils, no ghosts, and no gods. Joseph Lewis
popdada is offline Find More Posts by popdada
Last edited by popdada; Apr 23, 2010 at 08:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 08:54 PM
Registered User Wannabe
rodneygt's Avatar
Southwest Mississippi, USA
Joined Jan 2008
1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by popdada View Post
Hitler was a Catholic,Stalin was an Eastern Orthodox.
Hitlers mother wanted him to be a Catholic priest. Stalins mother wanted him to be an Orthodox priest.
Hitler attended a Benedictine monastery. Stalin attended Orthodox theological school and the seminary...
Are you suggesting that these guys maintained throughout their lives the beliefs they were fed in their younger days?

I think that their views evolved over time.
rodneygt is offline Find More Posts by rodneygt
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 08:58 PM
Registered User Wannabe
rodneygt's Avatar
Southwest Mississippi, USA
Joined Jan 2008
1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by popdada View Post
. . .here you go the atheists philosophy...

Atheism rises above creeds, and puts Humanity upon one plane. There can be no "chosen people" in the Atheist philosophy. There are no bended knees in Atheism; no supplications, no prayers; no sacrificial redemptions; no "divine" revelations; no washing in the blood of the lamb; no crusades, no massacres, no holy wars; no heaven, no hell, no purgatory; no silly rewards and no vindictive punishments; no christs and no saviors; no devils, no ghosts, and no gods. Joseph Lewis
Now, this is more analogous to the other threads.
rodneygt is offline Find More Posts by rodneygt
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 09:01 PM
blue moon with an orange slice
LI NY
Joined Mar 2009
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneygt View Post
Are you suggesting that these guys maintained throughout their lives the beliefs they were fed in their younger days?

I think that their views evolved over time.
Agreed…I’m just stating a fact…like...The Swastika is a religious symbol….
Atheism is faulted…just like religion…but it’s not an attack on any one religion
There are great religious thinkers as well as great atheists thinkers…
We don’t really have just one book to quote from….
popdada is offline Find More Posts by popdada
Last edited by popdada; Apr 23, 2010 at 09:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 09:51 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by popdada View Post
Hitler was a Catholic,Stalin was an Eastern Orthodox.
Hitlers mother wanted him to be a Catholic priest. Stalins mother wanted him to be an Orthodox priest.
Hitler attended a Benedictine monastery. Stalin attended Orthodox theological school and the seminary.

how about Osama bin Laden He’s a pretty pious guy…believes very strongly in god…
both sides of this coin can get ugly...


here you go the atheists philosophy...

Atheism rises above creeds, and puts Humanity upon one plane. There can be no "chosen people" in the Atheist philosophy. There are no bended knees in Atheism; no supplications, no prayers; no sacrificial redemptions; no "divine" revelations; no washing in the blood of the lamb; no crusades, no massacres, no holy wars; no heaven, no hell, no purgatory; no silly rewards and no vindictive punishments; no christs and no saviors; no devils, no ghosts, and no gods. Joseph Lewis
and no hope! I have always wandered why athiest so rail against that which they believe isn't.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 09:59 PM
blue moon with an orange slice
LI NY
Joined Mar 2009
210 Posts
I don’t think all atheists are like that…I’m not…I have a lot of very religious friends…my brother in-law is a priest…Latin mass…father what-a-wasted the girls call him…my kids go to church with thier grandmother...let them make up their own mind...we may feel like a silent minority….I know some are pushy. But again I know a few religious people who are as well…
popdada is offline Find More Posts by popdada
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:07 PM
WAA-08 Survivor
Griffin's Avatar
Joined May 2004
2,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
and no hope! I have always wandered why athiest so rail against that which they believe isn't.
Maybe because they find religion to be a detriment to society?

Maybe because they are disgusted by the waste of energy some spend on the imaginary world?

Maybe because they wish just a few more people would devote the wasted money, time and energy sacrificed to religion to improving conditions in this world?

Maybe because they see the thousands of years of violence and wars at least partially rooted in silly superstitions and hope for a more peaceful world?

I often wonder why the arrogant merchants of dogma don't appreciate the amazing tolerance constantly showered on them.

I even vote republican in part because it is the party more likely to respect the individual right to be a religious looney. That doesn't mean I need to keep my opinions about this mental disorder called religion to myself--only that I respect an individuals right to be a nut.

-Steve
Griffin is offline Find More Posts by Griffin
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:11 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by popdada View Post
I don’t think all atheists are like that…I’m not…I have a lot of very religious friends…my brother in-law is a priest…Latin mass…father what-a-wasted the girls call him…my kids go to church with thier grandmother...let them make up their own mind...we may feel like a silent minority….I know some are pushy. But again I know a few religious people who are as well…
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Maybe because they find religion to be a detriment to society?

Maybe because they are disgusted by the waste of energy some spend on the imaginary world?

Maybe because they wish just a few more people would devote the wasted money, time and energy sacrificed to religion to improving conditions in this world?

Maybe because they see the thousands of years of violence and wars at least partially rooted in silly superstitions and hope for a more peaceful world?

I often wonder why the arrogant merchants of dogma don't appreciate the amazing tolerance constantly showered on them.

I even vote republican in part because it is the party more likely to respect the individual right to be a religious looney. That doesn't mean I need to keep my opinions about this mental disorder called religion to myself--only that I respect an individuals right to be a nut.

-Steve
Both were excellent answers. Sometimes I even wonder some of the same things, except for the imaginary part.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:12 PM
"Cracking Toast Grommit!"
metalbuggy's Avatar
Sanford, NC
Joined Feb 2005
679 Posts
Great post Steve.
metalbuggy is offline Find More Posts by metalbuggy
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:23 PM
And You're Not
Timbuktu, Mali (Happy?)
Joined Oct 2002
6,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Maybe because they find religion to be a detriment to society?

Maybe because they are disgusted by the waste of energy some spend on the imaginary world?

Maybe because they wish just a few more people would devote the wasted money, time and energy sacrificed to religion to improving conditions in this world?

Maybe because they see the thousands of years of violence and wars at least partially rooted in silly superstitions and hope for a more peaceful world?

I often wonder why the arrogant merchants of dogma don't appreciate the amazing tolerance constantly showered on them.

I even vote republican in part because it is the party more likely to respect the individual right to be a religious looney. That doesn't mean I need to keep my opinions about this mental disorder called religion to myself--only that I respect an individuals right to be a nut.

-Steve
I wonder the same things except for the "at least partially" part.
Jeffery is offline Find More Posts by Jeffery
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll Should there be an rc store in berryville VA friz Electric Plane Talk 8 Aug 16, 2010 01:38 PM
Question Is there any reason I shouldn't buy another Thunder AC6? djmoose Batteries and Chargers 15 Mar 09, 2010 06:40 AM
Discussion Is there any reason I shouldn't power my esc/servos without motor attached? pinato Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 4 Apr 12, 2008 01:07 PM
Discussion Why lipos shouldn't be used in larger airframes tic High Performance 33 Mar 31, 2006 06:05 PM
Shouldn't this forum be in "Electric"? nicnicholson Flying Wings 11 Jan 04, 2005 08:56 PM