HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 05, 2003, 07:19 PM
DeSoto MO
Joined May 2003
580 Posts
Few pics of Hummingbird/w Gyro Indoors

Here is a shot of me Hovering my wifes new HB about eye level. She is takeing the pictures.

Here I am heading to the living room for a nice Coffee table landing

And the last one of the Heli just before touchdown on the table

These where taken the minute I nstalled the gyro I got from JCstalls , Great seller btw. So im still in work cloths I must say a gyro helps tons hehe, almost to easy
Nick_P is offline Find More Posts by Nick_P
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2003, 07:40 PM
Joined May 2003
10 Posts
man your a big guy.
azirian is offline Find More Posts by azirian
Old Jun 05, 2003, 07:47 PM
DeSoto MO
Joined May 2003
580 Posts
Just becuase your real name is Gary Coleman doesnt mean Im big Im only 6'9" 345lbs.
Old Jun 05, 2003, 07:58 PM
Enter clever saying here~
Michigan
Joined Mar 2003
494 Posts
I should get some shots of me flying my HB. I'm 6'5" @ 250lbs.
Park_IT is offline Find More Posts by Park_IT
Old Jun 05, 2003, 08:10 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Hey Guy`s
I too havE A Hummingbird comming
I was thinking on getting the GWS PG03 Gyro from aircraft-world. Will this work If i was to use a BL motor? I have a Hitec flash 5x

Thanks
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
Old Jun 05, 2003, 09:06 PM
DeSoto MO
Joined May 2003
580 Posts
As far as I know that gyro will not work with brushless and the flash 5. When going seperates you need either a radio with revo mixing or a Heading hold gyro. The CSM 200 would work ok for you and is only 30 dollars more then the GWS.

IF you plane on flying helis for a while, might look into an Eclipse 7 with spectrum module from Helihobby for 225 its a steal. Sell the flash 5 to help fund it id say.
Old Jun 06, 2003, 12:21 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Thanks Nick

If I do get any furthjher into heli`s I will be buying a eclipse
Old Jun 06, 2003, 12:28 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
My Next question Is WHERE do i get one. I havce gone to Heliguy`s.com and helihobby and both do not list gyro`s on there sites.
Old Jun 06, 2003, 12:42 PM
Enter clever saying here~
Michigan
Joined Mar 2003
494 Posts
Another good question would be, when the CP upgrade kit comes out for the HB (man, it MUST come out because there has been so much talk about it), will you want to upgrade? Or, do you plan to get a CP heli in the future?

If so, you need a radio capable of CCPM - which the Eclipse is.

It all depends on where you see yourself going. If you don't already have the PG-03, you might just want to get a CSM HH gyro and save for a heli capable Tx.

It all depends....
Park_IT is offline Find More Posts by Park_IT
Old Jun 06, 2003, 12:49 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
No I have not gotten a gyro as of yet as i did not know what to get. First off i just want to get this one into the air and learn how to fly it With a few upgrades such as a BL motor. and a head stiffner. Once i can do forward flight nose in hovers and such then I will more than likley be hooked and want to go to CP and a Better radio. As for now i just want to get the one i have comming in the air with my astro 010 in it.

So where do i get this Gyro from?
Old Jun 06, 2003, 05:58 PM
Oliver BC Canada
Joined Nov 2002
189 Posts
Where can you get the CSM HLG200

Where can you get the CSM HLG200?

That seems to be the question that you don't want to ask in this forum, not if you are expecting an answer that is.
I have heard of a lot of people using it and recommending it, but ask where you can get it and everyone shuts up tight as a clam and the thread stops dead in it's tracks....

Curious
Randall is offline Find More Posts by Randall
Old Jun 06, 2003, 06:10 PM
Austin, Tx
Joined Oct 2002
177 Posts
I had a tough time finding then in stock a few weeks back. I ended up getting one from the UK (where they are made). Try Here:

http://www.e-flight.co.uk/csm-hlg-20...-lightened.asp

I ordered one and it took 1 1/2 weeks to Texas for ~$70 bucks. Good luck.
Grisnjam is offline Find More Posts by Grisnjam
Old Jun 06, 2003, 09:15 PM
DeSoto MO
Joined May 2003
580 Posts
Helihobby.com has them for 79 bucks I believe. www.helihobby.com
Old Jun 06, 2003, 09:55 PM
Oliver BC Canada
Joined Nov 2002
189 Posts
Helihobby does list it, but hasn't had them in stock for quite a while now, I emailed them and asked them when they plan on getting some (one) in stock again, but they couldn't tell me. They said " we are limited by our manufactures "
Anyway Nick, thanks for answering, and thanks Grisnjam for the UK tip, I got tired of waiting for helihobby and just went ahead and ordered one from that e-flight place. As for Helihobby, they got the bulk of my business anyway. I also just ordered from them a Hummingbird, aluminum collar, couple of speed controls, High Authority Larger Piccolo Tail Motor, and a crash kit I hope I never need.

Hope I'll soon have some pictures of hovering in my living room like yours
More then likely though, I'll have a picture of a mad Wife looking at the Visa bill and a box full of broken micro heli parts
Randall is offline Find More Posts by Randall
Old Jun 06, 2003, 10:30 PM
DeSoto MO
Joined May 2003
580 Posts
I dont know what you guys heli experience is, but let me throw this out if your new to them in general.

RaDD flight school is about the best thing since sliced bread to learn how to fly a heli. Using his methods and stickiing to them will result in zero crashes and a happy heli pilot.

Simulator, try to get ahold of Realflight G2, FMS sucks imho. Even though G2 doesnt have the exact feel of a micro it gets close enough to be confident when learning.

Most pilots say to seek help from a local club, although its a good idea I personal dont deem it necessary. I had never flown anything 5 or so months ago, but a friend loaned me Realflight G2. I spent about a month of evenings using it with Planes. On my first outage with my plane I was able to solo take off fly circuts and land. 4 or so months after that IE just recently, I found Micro Helis. I practiced on the sim for about 15 hours total, and then fired up my hummingbird. It was sloppy untill i managed to trim it but I was able to control a tail in hover. Today Im able to control my bird wth ease, I can fly all threw my house and land on anything were the blades have room. Slow and meduium Foward flight im working on, I can do it ok with rudder only turns but getting closer to flying it like an airplane with aerolons.

Looking back if I had had Radds flight school to follow, I would have broke alot less blades. ( You will be amazed at what CA and scotch tape can do on shattered main blades )

Sorry if I come off in the wrong way, just trying to save you a lil bit of frustration if you are completly new to Helis.