Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:38 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,858 Posts
Photo 12 look's like the left main collapsed? Or is it just a bad angle?
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:39 PM
AMA 884978 KKN6KY
United States, CA, Barstow
Joined May 2007
2,199 Posts
Video coming soon!! LOL!!

Hillbille
hillbille is offline Find More Posts by hillbille
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:42 PM
AMA 884978 KKN6KY
Joined May 2007
2,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
You were not supposed to look that close!! LOL!! Wheel, axle and two of the tiniest bearings I have ever hunted for cam off after touchdown. LOL!! All was fixed though. Hey if that was the only problem I ever had when building, flying and landing a NEW plane - I'd take it every time!! LOL!!

Hillbille
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:18 PM
AMA 884978 KKN6KY
Joined May 2007
2,199 Posts
Here's the video. Note how WET it is!! LOL!! Also note that I was a little apprehensive about getting my camera equipment wet - the farther out to the runway I went the worse I felt about a sudden shower starting!!

Also listen to JMorgan as soon as the F-20 rotates! LOL!! Very funny!

Sorry 'bout the "balls".

ASERC F20 Maiden Vegas AIH 2012 (2 min 12 sec)

Hillbille
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:30 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbille View Post
I'm not certain that this WAS the maiden flight of the F-20 but it was the first flight of it I SAW on Thursday. In the rain. On a soaked runway. In poor conditions.

Just flew great. Seemed rock solid and straight as an arrow. Very fast! In fact I apologize for the photos as they were taken best I could manage in drizzling rain of a FAST small EDF mostly at full throttle making passes!!

Hillbille
Pics look very nice to me bill.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:11 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
on the second flight with the 5000 4s batt ,i had forgot to install all of the retract mounting screws..so yeah we had a hard landing due to too much flap,and the gear pulled out ,i replaced the breakaway mounting plate (plywood) and installed all of the bolts,and we made 4 more flights through out the week end .i did have one more flight where the axle and wheel came off as C/N was "S" turning to slow the plane down ,this was caused by a stripped threads in the sapac strut. i retapped it for a larger bolt and we had 3 uneventfull landings after that,there was no damage to the airframe other than some stratched paint on one stab from these two issues,the missile's took must of the rubbing ,and i had to rebond them ,i used silicon to bond them on .other than that the plane preformed well .which im glad as there was a lot of pressure to fly this at the event ,so i had to deal with and fix some gremlins .but they were easy fixes ,and were cause by me not doing my job right
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:14 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,618 Posts
nice pics HB i'll have to weight to watch the vid when i get home from work.all the pics were from the madien ,except the one with blue sky and the gear proplem ...that happened on the second flight that day.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:26 PM
AMA 884978 KKN6KY
Joined May 2007
2,199 Posts
Thanks for reminding me about the second flight. As I said in the other thread - if I was pointing the DSLR at it - the video was probably going too. I'll get busy and have the second flight video up asap.

Hillbille
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:28 PM
AMA 884978 KKN6KY
Joined May 2007
2,199 Posts
Here is the second flight on Thursday.

Nut was letting the air out on this run!! LOL!! It was movin' right along!

ASERC F20 Flight2 Vegas AIH 2012 (2 min 43 sec)

Hillbille
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:46 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbille View Post
Here is the second flight on Thursday.

Nut was letting the air out on this run!! LOL!! It was movin' right along!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAN1G...ilBuoMFEJzIGIg

Hillbille
Woooohooooo, that was awesome

When are the kits starting to roll out, enough with the teasing.
super kupfer is online now Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:04 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,618 Posts
im going to be honest...i need to get my work car going .it needs the engine rebuilt .we would like to offer this kit with lazer cut wood pieces,so some how we need to get a set of wood parts and develope a file so a cutter can be used. im going to have to lean on Gary for this as i dont have a clue.if we can get the loose ends tied up ,and i need to make molds for the bountry layer splitters and missile rails.also half of my vert tail needs a new mold made.so im hopeing by the first of the year if not sooner it just depends.i need to get a airframe done for Gary to do a beta build and see if we need to change anything.also some more testing would be nice to make sure everthing is going to be up too the performance of the plane.i dont want you guys to have issues because we rushed into production.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:52 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
im going to be honest...i need to get my work car going .it needs the engine rebuilt .we would like to offer this kit with lazer cut wood pieces,so some how we need to get a set of wood parts and develope a file so a cutter can be used. im going to have to lean on Gary for this as i dont have a clue.if we can get the loose ends tied up ,and i need to make molds for the bountry layer splitters and missile rails.also half of my vert tail needs a new mold made.so im hopeing by the first of the year if not sooner it just depends.i need to get a airframe done for Gary to do a beta build and see if we need to change anything.also some more testing would be nice to make sure everthing is going to be up too the performance of the plane.i dont want you guys to have issues because we rushed into production.
I appreciate your honesty.
super kupfer is online now Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:01 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post

I know how busy you are with home, cars, family and continuing projects.
Get me the templates for the plywood, and I'll get the drawing made for laser cutting. Oh....and the elevator pivot arms.

I'll document the build well with photos and use them for the assy manual.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:25 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,252 Posts
Nice flying Brent!
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:42 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,858 Posts
Nice job guy's, wasnt complaining just the pilot in me noticing small details, stab on the runway. What watts where yal flying it at?
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap