HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:32 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,506 Posts
Gary the Shuttle made it here ,it's taking off around 7:00AM tomarrow and will buzz Pdale and landblaster in the morn then head nort to rosamond,and Mojave,before it heads to Sac and the bay...you could see in the morn then head to LA for the landing ...thats going to be a major traffic jam
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:40 PM
2014 EDF JET JAM We be Jamming
St. Louis Intl, Missouri, United States
Joined Jan 1997
6,756 Posts
I'm confused...is it available in gray or the red/white? Looks great but I like the gray
Kevin Cox is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Cox
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:58 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
Gary the Shuttle made it here ,it's taking off around 7:00AM tomarrow and will buzz Pdale and landblaster in the morn then head nort to rosamond,and Mojave,before it heads to Sac and the bay...you could see in the morn then head to LA for the landing ...thats going to be a major traffic jam
I might go out Palmdale, but there's no way I'm going near LA.
Too many folks in thier cars on the hwy.... looking up!
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:13 PM
Current project: Electrolyte
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,457 Posts
I snapped these pics in NYC a few months ago. Pretty amazing sight to see. Apparently its AUW is actually less than a regular passenger flight...but with a lot more drag. It looked pretty slow in the air. Definitely worth seeing!

Any chance you guys will be at the basin the week before Vegas doing some flight tests?
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:24 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,416 Posts
Nice pics Pdawg.
It would be nice to maiden it at the basin.
It's up to A.S. and CN if they can make it down before Vegas. They might just do the maiden at thier home field.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:27 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Cox View Post
I'm confused...is it available in gray or the red/white? Looks great but I like the gray
I believe we decided on white gel coat or primer for the standard version.
Rodger is considering doing the Red/white and/or the "BMW" grey as an option (for additional cost)
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:35 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,916 Posts
I got to see one rolling down the track from "hangar" to launch area at the Kennedy space center Florida. May 2000. I remember because it was delayed and should have already gone by the time we got there.

There was quite a few launches happening that month....of other stuff. I never knew how busy the place could get.

Awesome despite moving about as fast as watching the minute hand on a watch move.

Amazing place and more fun than Disney for anyone into flying. I suppose it's pretty quiet there now?
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:04 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,506 Posts
i think standard is going to be primed in the mold ,and the Grey will be an option,and i'd be willing to do a white one...but the red would be left to the builder to do. it just takes too much time and effort to paint that scheme.i would have to charge an arm and a leg.the grey option may cost 40-50 $ extra,we'll see what it takes to do the seams nice like some other companies do. some do nothing and it leaves a line,i would mask sand prep and paint a 1/4" wide strip where the seams are,will see as i hav'nt finished this one yet.
i dont think we would be coming to the basin before vegas ,gas and time to get ready for vegas is short.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:28 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,506 Posts
got pretty close to seeing the shuttle to night ...about 500 ft from it ...it looks ready to go. it's a shame there is no follow on program easy way to make a bunch of jobs .....instead there going to cut the defence budget what kind of change is that? i might have lots of time to lay up F-20's
Gary "M" and 50th east would be a good place to watch from . the shuttle hanger is the first big hanger east of serria hwy. so im sure they will over fly that. just pull over by the hey fields ,im sure it will fly over that area.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:45 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,416 Posts
Thanks!
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:30 AM
Joined Aug 2009
8,416 Posts
It's takeing off from EAFB one hour later (8:15 AM) tomorrow, due toexpected fog in the bay area when it would have gotten there.

http://www.nasa.gov/
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:16 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,506 Posts
well it just flew over my house ...sweet it's going to be a great day
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:17 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,416 Posts
It was awesome!

I went to Blackbird Airpark to video it. (Ave P @ 30thE)
It came across from Edwards down near Sierra, an turned east and came past us once over Pamldale Blvd. Then did a 180 turn and did a low pass right down the Plant 42 runway at about 200 ft above the runway
I didn't want to put the camcorder down, so it's all on video (except some shots from the Blackbird Airpark and the new air park next door)

I'll post the pics and video later.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:38 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,506 Posts
Sweeet! it is a site to see.
im mounting up the wing servos ,going to the LHS in mojave to get the right linkage for them,pics tomarrow.got to go to Eddies.....to work
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:19 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,416 Posts
You've probably seen tons of pisc and video by now.
It's date night with wifey, so the video has to wait, but here's a couple of stills from video of it over Palmdale and the runway pass at her birthplace, Plant 42.
Site Sponsor