SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:24 AM
Swat Team Member
LV, NV
Joined Apr 2003
623 Posts
WoW

What day will you guys arrive in Vegas I will meet you at the State line to get one of those F-20's...

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
P. Richards is online now Find More Posts by P. Richards
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:50 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Richards View Post
What day will you guys arrive in Vegas I will meet you at the State line to get one of those F-20's...

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Hey P.

You know Rodger always has 5 projects going at once. Were are hoping that the first one out of the molds will fly at Vegas.
The first 8 production units are spoken for. If you would like, I can put you on the wait list, but you won't be able take home just jet yet.
Buuut we'd love to have you do your profesional magic on the demo flight.
You know I always video our stuff, but i'm only an ameteur.
Jeff will be there as well, but hey, the more the merrier!!
See ya at Bennett field. I'll probaly be there from
Thursday midnite till Sunday. Air Sally and Corsair Nut are usaully there from Wed or Thurs until Sat, Although i'm not sure of CN's work scedule.
I'm sure they'll chime in.
Saturday, Oct 13 would most likely be the best day if you can only come for one day.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Aug 23, 2012, 02:32 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,888 Posts
we plan to be there thursday morning to saturday night
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:06 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,600 Posts
Pretty good guess Huh? Great. See then....or sooner.

BTW way. I'll be at the basin from 1 or 2 till 7-7:30 PM tomorrow and maybe Sat if your coming down.
If your coming, I'll bring two or three Habu 32s.
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:13 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,950 Posts
What is going to power the Demo jet ??

Specs and weight? I'm also interested in knowing whether the molded exhaust is already the best FSA for a 70mm fan
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:27 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz View Post
What is going to power the Demo jet ??

Specs and weight? I'm also interested in knowing whether the molded exhaust is already the best FSA for a 70mm fan
I believe A.S. will be installing the Mach ALL ALLOY 70mm EDF:
http://www.effluxrc.com/All-Alloy-70...0-9H-28317.htm

The MEGA 16/35/1 (3600kv) motor:
http://www.effluxrc.com/MEGA-16-35-1-MM16-35-1.htm

The Castle ICE 100:
http://www.effluxrc.com/Castle-Phoen...C-CCICE100.htm

Lipos will be either 4s or 5s.
Either way, it's going to be fast.

The F-20 airframe opening is scale. Rodger can you the dia, but the Thrust tube dia should be 2.1-2.15 dia. Or around 75-80% FSA for general flying.
You should always use a mylar thrust tube for the smoothest efflux. Even with a foamy jet, There are mold gates, parting lines and bumps inside there. The exhaust opening of most foamies is waaay to big. Take the original foam Habu for example. The foam exhaust dia is approx 2 1/2". (way over 100% FSA) That's one of the reasons most folks cant get them above 120.
Never go without a thrust tube in a jet that has formers, linkages and other obstructions in the exhaust path.

Some may choose to go with 85% FSA (as posted by Claus XPF) for the long known best of both worlds FSA (efflux velocity vs. Static thrust)
But it has long been suggested by many the the typical 70mm EDF be run at 2.1" dia outlet.
FYI...The STOCK Habu 32 Mylar outlet is 76% FSA. That's part of the reason it has great speed (but at the same, the static thrust has been comprimized, and many have problems with grass take offs)
Site Sponsor
Last edited by efflux RC; Aug 23, 2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: added text
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:00 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,654 Posts
ok since the last post i got two flyable wings ,still adjusting the wood parts for a better fit and setting up the molds so all the airframe will have the wing structure in the same place.today i got the rear former installed along with the bushing/tubes for the stabs.still thinking about the best way to mount elev servos .i need to get a BUNCH DONE ON THIS THIS WEEK vegas is coming!
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:06 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,950 Posts
I hope it is not a case of "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas."

Looking forward to successful flights and return home. I cant remember what happened to the Prototypes with the C/N winng mods?
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:14 PM
Joined Oct 2009
1,038 Posts
nooo! I just purchased the HET one... well I guess that will have to tide me over. Good luck on your trial flights guys!
nighthawk0077 is offline Find More Posts by nighthawk0077
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:15 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
ok since the last post i got two flyable wings ,still adjusting the wood parts for a better fit and setting up the molds so all the airframe will have the wing structure in the same place.today i got the rear former installed along with the bushing/tubes for the stabs.still thinking about the best way to mount elev servos .i need to get a BUNCH DONE ON THIS THIS WEEK vegas is coming!
I know it means new servo mount design, buuut, can you mount the servo so the mounting screws face the hatch opening. (similar to the SAPAC L-39 elevator servo)
Then it will be accessable with the fan and thrust tube in place.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:41 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,480 Posts
Quote:
How about mounting the elev. servo the same way you have it but right up close to the rear bulkhead, just a thought.
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:00 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,654 Posts
Super,thats where the fan goes ...gary yes that is my concern ,i want to be able to reach the mounting screws and also the servo arm so adjustments can easily be made.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:10 AM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,480 Posts
Quote:
Super,thats where the fan goes ...gary yes that is my concern ,i want to be able to reach the mounting screws and also the servo arm so adjustments can easily be made.
If thats the case I say move it as close as you can, I would be a bit concern having that long of a control wire on a full flying elevator surface.
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:25 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,654 Posts
well we flew the prototype with this set up and it was fine up to 150 ish . but i hear what your saying .
"J" the prototype crashed last year(or 2 years ago ) due to a bad batt connection ...this one will have a seperate batt for the RX and servos
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:37 AM
Joined Aug 2009
8,600 Posts
Quote:
Rotate it 90*, like this.
Site Sponsor