Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 26, 2010, 12:48 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
well im not sure it depends ....but the madien will have the stock wings .the gear depends on if i can get something that fits, i have HET but Gary says the Sapac unit's are better so if i can get some sapacs i would do retracts.
Rodger,
Please try the SAPACs in there Rodger. They will fit much better than the HETs. That jet is way lighter than SAPAC L-39 or viper. They will only stick out a hair in the stock wing if you use a large 1/16 ply plate for load bearing with some ribs and mtg rails.
The wheels that come with the kit are nice and skinny. Do you want to go with those and the wire gear for now. or try the scale struts. You won't be able to make flush gear doors using the stock wing. I wouldn't worry a bout gear doors for now.
I'll PM about the retracts.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2010, 05:10 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,513 Posts
ok i spent about an hour carving a duct plug today ...it was a lot easier due to Ed's drawings. i'll try and post a pic late tonite.
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Apr 28, 2010, 07:56 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,921 Posts
Great to hear the progress report. I would love you to post a video of the run up with the ducts fitted. That light layup and a cranky fan will sound like all business with good ducting. J
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Apr 28, 2010, 08:04 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,513 Posts
I'LL TAKE SOME PICS it has a nice curve in it to allow retracts,and the c/f spar. now would'nt you know it SW put the fiber glass rod (spar) right in the middle of the wheel well so im going to have to move the spar location. i might use 2 spars ala the e-flite BAe Hawk.i need to get some sapac retracts from Gary ...so im saving my pennies.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:35 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,513 Posts
i got the other plug carved ...now to make plywood end caps and glass the foam.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:03 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,431 Posts
Rodger,
The taileron bearings will be here with my EDF order. I'll see them at the end of next week.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:33 PM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
Rodger,
The taileron bearings will be here with my EDF order. I'll see them at the end of next week.
I hope there is some there for me as well......... I would not hold your breath though.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 03:11 AM
Joined Aug 2009
8,431 Posts
You sure do some nice work Rodger! I'm likin' the SW fan, cause my 2500w monster setup would be sweet in there.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 30, 2010, 03:13 AM
Hangar queen hoarder
Denver, CO
Joined Jul 2006
3,939 Posts
Damn those plugs look good, that woulda been a trial and error nightmare for me.
tailslide5_0 is offline Find More Posts by tailslide5_0
Old Apr 30, 2010, 11:23 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,513 Posts
well ED's drawings are so close i hand drew the side and top views on some see through mylar for templates ,grabed a small hot wire on a handel cut them out oversized then used the sanding belt ,and hand sanded the rest only about 3 hrs work to get to that point .now it will slow up a bit .
Gary that SW fan has the lip cut down to fit into the center split duct (it comes apart for access). i'll have to make a new mold to fit a stock SW shroud.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 11:34 AM
Soggy Scotland
Central Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
Cool, I saw that the piece with the bell mouth was a separate part, but I didn't realise it was threaded (I couldn't pull it apart like the tail pipe...DOH!!) Could almost build in the mouth into a build and have the centre piece (which the motor mounts to) removable via the threaded coupling...though I guess the torque of a motor is going to tend to unscrew it. Though it it were clamped down with one of those Lander style clamps...

Just thinking out loud here, trying to hatch an easy accessible hot-swap system...handy for numbskulls like me wanting to test a bunch of setups!!
pilotrcuk is offline Find More Posts by pilotrcuk
Old Apr 30, 2010, 01:00 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,513 Posts
Gary is that true ?do youe bell mouth thread on and off?
yes i am trying to have this plane fit 4 or 5 different 70mm fans ,there are a lot of them these days
Old Apr 30, 2010, 01:18 PM
Soggy Scotland
Central Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
It's a SkyWorld fan in the picture - yes...
pilotrcuk is offline Find More Posts by pilotrcuk
Old Apr 30, 2010, 06:57 PM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,921 Posts
Well Al..... because of you I now have a bandaid across 2 fingers because I just went to unscrew the bell mouth on a SW fan and grabbed it that hard and tried to turn that it slit me loke a tight fishing line............. bugger. It hasn't budged bye the way !!