HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 25, 2010, 08:51 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,171 Posts
more to come. so when you get the wings in stall the spar in one wing with some epoxy on the end and in the holes where the spar fits. push spar in till it just touches the front balsa spar that is a stock spar allready installed,dont force it .Gorilla glue on the end would be better and a drop of water it will foam up and make a good bond to the balsa.once that is cured slide the one wing into position with the spar through the fuse slide the other wing on for a fit ck. when you like the fit i would glue the right wing on lined up with the mold line. when that wing is cured install the left wing DONT NOT GLUE the left wing to the MOLD LINE ,do the measure thing to get it straight, the mold line on the left side is off more than .100"
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Last edited by AIR SALLY; Dec 25, 2010 at 08:58 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2010, 10:40 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,984 Posts
Thanks guys fpr the progress report. Now I know where that dummy I spat ended up !! J
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Dec 25, 2010, 11:29 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,744 Posts
must be a down under saying...????
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Dec 25, 2010, 11:59 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,171 Posts
....i have no idea what he is saying
Old Dec 26, 2010, 02:24 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,984 Posts
Not meant to be too confusing C/N. Your son on the right has a pacifier in his mouth, we call it a dummy here... as in spat the dummy...I do this often, ask my wife.

New "tuned' motor in the my car and not able to stretch its legs due to horrible weather. more than 8 months tinkering and having parts machined and no time to play Travelling for work again in the morning. At least I'll have company. J
Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:05 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,744 Posts
ahh.....that mostly makes sense now
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:58 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,171 Posts
wings and things

Hey J i shipped your goodies to day .
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:24 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,848 Posts
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Oct 2014
Old Dec 29, 2010, 01:44 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,984 Posts
Yippeeeeeee. I expect to have a few jealous buddies where I fly. I hope that translates into sales for you guys. J
Old Dec 29, 2010, 02:34 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,171 Posts
follow the pics and instructions ....im having you put the stock bulkhead in front of the spar ...mine is behind it and i had clearance proplems with the wheels. What retracts are you using ? you will have to go back in the thread to see how the center ducts works,how the nose gear mount go in ,and the fan mounting rails ....some of the stock wood parts needs to be used for the batt tray.the bulkhead shown in the latest pics need to be reshaped a bit at the top and you might need to clearance it for the inlet ducts.(glue it in with gorilla glue ,as it has some gaps.the GG foams up to fill the gaps)the center duct is longer than needed ,and fits a HET /wemo fan on one end, and a sapac .or WM400 on the other .you could turn down a SW fan to fit also .the center duct is long and needs to be trimmed..it just depends on where you locate the fan due to motor weight /C/G . im here to help if you need it.
Last edited by AIR SALLY; Dec 29, 2010 at 03:28 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 02:51 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
41 Posts
so when will this full kit f-20 be available? 2020?
and what would be the price range? like tamjet $1100 f-5?
ultraflite is offline Find More Posts by ultraflite
Old Dec 29, 2010, 03:06 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,984 Posts
hey A/S, I have a set of SAPAC retracts ready to install. I haven't got the struts yet if I need the VJ ones..... Iam sure I have an extra set for the hawk/L-39

Ultra, I am not sure if your sense of humour is blacker than mine...

FYI, this has been mostly a private project that Gary and Efflux have shared and worked to bring to reality. It is out of their generosity that they will bring this project to market for those enthusiasts that really want a quality F-20 model. I am sure they don't plan to get rich out of it.

If you can't wait or can't afford it..... Try this link

http://www..com.com/hobbyking/store/...dproduct=11248

Ciao J
Old Dec 29, 2010, 03:15 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,848 Posts
The first parts (rear stabs) came out of the molds about two weeks ahead of schedule. We're hoping the full kits will start becoming available in Feb.
This is a quality, full composite (fuse,wings vertical stab, rear stabs) 70mm airframe, with ailerons and flaps and full flying rear stabs, will be retract ready.
The price will be $379

Edit: Make that the month of March.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Last edited by efflux RC; Dec 29, 2010 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Revised date to "March"
Old Dec 29, 2010, 03:39 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,171 Posts
J you need the VJ struts .
Old Dec 29, 2010, 04:29 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,984 Posts