HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 24, 2010, 01:30 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,973 Posts
F-20 Drawings and Data

I have posted the link below with Gary's permission.

Apart from my disclosed interest, i am sure we can all get some enjoyment out of learning more on a great subject that should never have been canned.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1233490
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2010, 02:06 AM
Soggy Scotland
Central Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz View Post
...guys like me that are more dangerous to themselves with a knife than the subject.
LMAO I feel your pain, J, sometimes literally

Lately I've progressed on to gluing myself to the subject though...
pilotrcuk is offline Find More Posts by pilotrcuk
Old Apr 24, 2010, 02:20 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz View Post
I have posted the link below with Gary's permission.

Apart from my disclosed interest, i am sure we can all get some enjoyment out of learning more on a great subject that should never have been canned.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1233490

Ha ha, thanks J, but I've been having with off topic fun photos of trout and camping. We'll get back on track soon.

Hope this becomes "Thee place" for F-20 specs and photos. It will be useful to anyone interested in it.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Apr 24, 2010, 02:43 AM
Joined Jul 2009
423 Posts
I like it very much.
Cici528 is offline Find More Posts by Cici528
Old Apr 24, 2010, 07:44 AM
F-OFF
Joined Mar 2007
1,056 Posts
Hi guys, Thought I'd show a couple pics of my giant f20 project. It isnt a scale fuse just a sport scale type altho I'm working on a more scale version in cad.

Looking forward to see how your 70mm f20 flies! I might have to get one

Shane.
imyohero is offline Find More Posts by imyohero
Old Apr 24, 2010, 07:52 AM
Effumall
Joined Nov 2005
3,619 Posts
Hey, nice small intakes!
kelberts is offline Find More Posts by kelberts
Old Apr 24, 2010, 11:59 AM
Soggy Scotland
Central Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
Hi Shane, excellent build you have going there, makes me want to go and do some balsa bashing of my own!!
pilotrcuk is offline Find More Posts by pilotrcuk
Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:28 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,975 Posts
Ed your drawings are right on this SW f-20 ,,,where is your cg? i dont see it on the drawings. these are very helpful for making templates for the ducting .i like the airfoil too . the wing span might be short the full sale had 26.8 or 27 foot WS. im reserching if that was with the missle rails or not
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Apr 25, 2010, 02:36 AM
Joined Aug 2009
8,767 Posts
Air Sally

Hey, good news.
The taileron bearings will be in at Skyworld in about 5 days. I asked Dave to mail them to ASAP.
G
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 25, 2010, 02:56 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,975 Posts
Yeah Gary that is good news as i need them and it also shows that Sky World are going to give good customer service . man you should see how small a scale wing is . when i get a chance in the next couple days i'll call you about some dims and specs on the sapac gear ....i have HETs but i would rather use what you are selling so your customers can do one stop shopping.started making templates for the "Y" ducts ,then i have to see what i want to do for the adaptor "center duct".
Old Apr 25, 2010, 03:14 AM
Joined Aug 2009
8,767 Posts
No BS .....I put the HETs in my F-35. they are MUCH bigger. too big for this jet. (They are for a 7lb max jet) Also, those things were sloppy right out of the box. I've mentioned before that the SAPACS look like clones of the MAP retracts. Maybe I'll post a pic of them side by side tomorrow. They work fine on the L-39 which is larger than the F-20, and they lift the scale gear with no prob. The SAPAC nose retract has a spring steel centering spring as well.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 25, 2010, 01:03 PM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
Ed your drawings are right on this SW f-20 ,,,where is your cg? i dont see it on the drawings. these are very helpful for making templates for the ducting .i like the airfoil too . the wing span might be short the full sale had 26.8 or 27 foot WS. im reserching if that was with the missle rails or not
Well I haven't flown it of course to verify but using the wing to the center of the fuselage plus the LEX/LERX and the fuselage up to the radome line I come up with a 25% cg of 58mm from the leading edge of the WING at the root (where a balsa leading edge would intersect with the fuselage side if there was no lex....from the intake it would be 175mm on my drawing. 30%cg would be 72mm from the aforementioned spot, or 187mm from the front of the intake.

I think the 3view I used was from this book I've had since the early 80s, World Air Power, or maybe it was from Janes All The World's Aircraft.
Ed Waldrep is offline Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Old Apr 25, 2010, 07:06 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,975 Posts
i think F-20's due to the LEX and the nose the C/G is just behind the lex to wing break ....thats where Sky world has theres and i believe Brents F-5 he did had the same place.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 02:33 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,973 Posts
Roger, are you going to maiden with fixed gear??

I reckon this model is light enough to hand launch. J
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:40 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,975 Posts
well im not sure it depends ....but the madien will have the stock wings .the gear depends on if i can get something that fits, i have HET but Gary says the Sapac unit's are better so if i can get some sapacs i would do retracts.