HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2010, 05:43 PM
Hangar queen hoarder
Denver, CO
Joined Jul 2006
3,939 Posts
You have to hold it together?

It should be a screw-in attatchment, remember one connection is for a QD application (wings) and the other is the fill valve. Each pair comes tightened together and you have to unscrew them from each other.
tailslide5_0 is offline Find More Posts by tailslide5_0
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2010, 07:38 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,505 Posts
i have no quick release ...just a brass needle that goes into the fill valve ...and you have to hold it ...there are no threads...these are Maps
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jun 30, 2010, 08:49 PM
hole digger
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,276 Posts
Roger these will make life a lot better
hole digger is online now Find More Posts by hole digger
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:20 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,505 Posts
yeah but the wing dont come off so thats not the issue right now ...i could'nt air in the tank cause the fill valve has to be held on .....i will try my trusty tiny valve from them itty bitty etracts that were'nt any good ..the fill valve was the best part on that system
Old Jul 01, 2010, 02:19 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,505 Posts
ok i switched the fill valve ....it takes more than 100 psi to get the nose gear up ...i guess the small dia clyinder require high pressures to lift the weight of the strut hope it can lift 3 ...or else i 'll have to do the ole C/N roll it over and retract the gear there are no threads on this brass piece it just goes in and you have to hold it .....wonder if they forgot to thread it ??
Old Jul 01, 2010, 02:25 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,416 Posts
You should have gotten the SAPACS. they will do 8-10 cycles at 100 psi.
That's with the scale struts attached. Nose gear comes up at 50-60 PSI min. And no messin' with the fill valve.. Just screw it on. Fill. Screw it off.
Where did you get those retracts your using?
That fitting you have is good if you mount the fill valve in the fuse, and fill using a compressor.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Last edited by efflux RC; Jul 01, 2010 at 02:32 AM.
Old Jul 01, 2010, 02:36 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,505 Posts
yeah yeah i know ...next time i'll listen ...if these wont work i'll get some
Old Jul 01, 2010, 10:28 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,505 Posts
ok i got it to work better ...i had about 2 ft of hose going to the NG after i cut it down to size it works down to 80psi . the manual said pressures of 70 to 110 are needed . so can any one out there tell me if your fill vavle is threaded? i may need to talk to MAP
Old Jul 01, 2010, 10:49 AM
hole digger
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,276 Posts
The fill valve that goes in the plane is threaded with a nut for mounting. The one to the pump is a pressure fit.
hole digger is online now Find More Posts by hole digger
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 01, 2010, 12:04 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,416 Posts
Having to hold the the fill valve nozzle in the the fill valve is the intention with that design Rodger. but is easiest to accomplish if you either mount the valve in the jet, have a compressor...or have 3 hands.
The screw together valves are easier if you are using a hand pump. (only two hands required)
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Jul 01, 2010, 12:07 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,505 Posts
but no threads on the brass needle that goes into the valve mounted to the plane ....you have to hold it in with hand pressure.
here the production Ducts .the added bell mouth makes it easier for the customer to fit the ducts .
Old Jul 01, 2010, 10:34 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,505 Posts
i got the fan mounted and a tail pipe made ,extened the batt wire to the front for power .the esc will sit on the center duct .i have a ole in it with screen ove it so some air will be pulled over it from the intake. ducting ready to go in then thee is one former to go in the fuse with a brace for the spar then bond the wings on.
Old Jul 01, 2010, 11:04 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
i got the fan mounted and a tail pipe made ,extened the batt wire to the front for power .the esc will sit on the center duct .i have a ole in it with screen ove it so some air will be pulled over it from the intake. ducting ready to go in then thee is one former to go in the fuse with a brace for the spar then bond the wings on.
Should be ready to fly in an hour or 2 then ??
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Jul 01, 2010, 11:08 PM
Hangar queen hoarder
Denver, CO
Joined Jul 2006
3,939 Posts
PLEASE tell me you didn't use the Wemo pipe... I assume that when you say you made a tail pipe, you made one out of mylar or something...
tailslide5_0 is offline Find More Posts by tailslide5_0
Old Jul 01, 2010, 11:46 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,505 Posts
yeah the long wemo was 2" short .....i used one in my Draken with a mylar extesion on it ...that one worked ok ...they sure are purtty.