SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 09, 2010, 11:17 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,740 Posts
sorry type O it is high on my list in front of all my other projects so hang in there it will go fast if i could get 3 good days on it.
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2010, 11:49 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,955 Posts
Virtuous huh...

I keep telling N that I was a virgin before I met her..... Just didn't say how long before!

Surely you have had 3 good days by now ???

This is one of the things I have been most looking forward to for a while..... sad but true !
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Last edited by jayb1rdz; Jun 15, 2010 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Info hunting
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:19 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,740 Posts
ok i had a bit of a set back back with this today . the one wing i had all ready gled the retract mounts and spar mounts in the wing the spar was at 90 degrees to the wing root ....that was incorrect .the other side wing will adj to the right angle when i glue the parts in . so for the wing that allready had the parts in i had to elongate my nice .250 holes . no biggy as epoxy will hold it when i bond the wings on, also had to elonggate the hole in the fuse.i will add a plywood piece to pick up the hole ,and i might use the stock crossmember to hold the spar .just the kind of thing that happens when you dont have cad or a full sized drawing to work from ...i guess i just was'nt thinking. the retract parts have to be hand fitted and adjusted to fit due to the hysol type glue that is used and the fillet that is left from the glue joint squeeze out .i did not want to try and remove this fillet so the work around is to hand fit the parts. it only took 10 mins to remove the lower skin in the gear door area and to remove the fixed gear mounting blocks. the retract /spar mount parts have to be mocked up and hand fitted before glueing.also i may change the angle of the stabs ,since C/N told me mine were'nt scale ...there should be some anhedrial in them
Last edited by AIR SALLY; Jun 17, 2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:49 PM
Big gov never Works
Skunk Water, Rhode Island
Joined Jul 2002
12,318 Posts
Quote:
i may change the angle of the stabs ,since C/N told me mine were'nt scale ...there should be some anhedrial in them
geeeze...first the kid messes with your LiPo's, now he criticizes you about scale fidelity. Do you own a woodshed, Roger? Ahh..it's good to have a watchful son!

Fuzz
St. Martin is offline Find More Posts by St. Martin
Old Jun 17, 2010, 06:04 PM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,955 Posts
Rog, You really are a master.

It has been a while since I visited my F-20 and it is now in storage for a couple of months but it looks as though yours has the exhaust cone fitted which my model was missing when it was sent. Is that right? It also looks as though it might have some thrust direction (notice I am being careful to not say downthrust or side thrust) cut into it like the MPX Twister??

I'm afraid that C/N is right, on the 3-view it appears to be 3 or 4 degrees anhedral. J
Old Jun 17, 2010, 08:37 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,740 Posts
no i dont have a tail cone on this one ...i was not aware they had one ...i will say it would be nice to have one as this one seems to big. it's no biggy to put some anhedral ...but mine is tack in with ca so i need to dissasemble it to make the change.once i get threw this wing and spar thing it will get easier.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 08:54 PM
Hangar queen hoarder
Denver, CO
Joined Jul 2006
3,939 Posts
If there's any anhedral, it's very VERY little, so mounting them perfectly flat would make no difference to 99.99% of the people out there.
tailslide5_0 is offline Find More Posts by tailslide5_0
Old Jun 17, 2010, 09:02 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,740 Posts
yeah but C/N is my son ....so if i dont want to hear about it every time he see's it ...it's only about 4 degrees.he already is saying stuff about the wing so after i fly it this way i got to make some scale wings. with flaps
Old Jun 17, 2010, 09:04 PM
Hangar queen hoarder
Denver, CO
Joined Jul 2006
3,939 Posts
My old man woulda thrown the thing at me and told me to do it myself.
tailslide5_0 is offline Find More Posts by tailslide5_0
Old Jun 17, 2010, 09:10 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,625 Posts
Your doing the mods Rodger, but adding the miniscule anhedral angle only adds to the cost.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:56 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,740 Posts
not really Gary it is just a function of where you glue the bering tube...i had to work at it ot make them straight
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:27 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,993 Posts
and it looks alot cooler.

glen...id be glad to do it myself....but gary gave it to my dad
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jun 18, 2010, 02:04 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
and it looks alot cooler.

glen...id be glad to do it myself....but gary gave it to my dad
Hey now boys. play nice and share.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Jun 20, 2010, 05:19 PM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,955 Posts
I am not sure of web access for the next few days so I thought I would get my fix of rc stuff before I jumped on the plane. Next stop Joburg and a few days feeding the lions before watching Australia get bundledout of the top 16. At least we will be in good company, a good chance we will be sharing the honour with France, Spain, Italy, Germany and the USA. I am hoping to see a flight report here soon. I am sure a lot of 70 mm edf-ers will be well jealous when it starts flying.

If i have access,at least i will be in a decent time zone.... same as London. J