Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 05, 2010, 06:02 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT View Post
I just build this plane tonight and veryjong works perfect and it even floes pretty good. However, my rudder pushrod bends A LOT. I can physically move my rudder back and forth withou much effort. My linkage and pushrods are glued correctly and my rudder is taped pretty close to the fuselage so that can't be the issue. When I move the rudder back and forth, I can see my rudder carbon pushrod bend like crazy and keep in mind the servo doesn't move while I do this. It has to be the pushrod. I don't know how to fix this easily. Any suggestions??
the guy from nitroplanes.com made a support with the foam you cut for servos. he made a little square put the rod thrue and glue at the center of the rod to fuselage. glue the foam not the rod !! DUH !!.
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2010, 08:28 PM
Joined Jul 2009
803 Posts
HHhhhmmmmmm very tempting!!
TheTrashMan is offline Find More Posts by TheTrashMan
Old Oct 05, 2010, 09:40 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
4,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxFX View Post
the guy from nitroplanes.com made a support with the foam you cut for servos. he made a little square put the rod thrue and glue at the center of the rod to fuselage. glue the foam not the rod !! DUH !!.
That's funny you said that, because that's exactly what I did. I should post pictures. It works PERFECT, and I didn't spend a dime since I already has scraps of foam I could cut into rectangular slim pieces.
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT
Old Oct 06, 2010, 09:54 PM
Joined Sep 2007
1 Posts
Do anybody knows how to programm this ESC ??
mazb is offline Find More Posts by mazb
Old Oct 07, 2010, 10:04 AM
I NEED MORE FOAM...LOTS MORE
United States, MA, Webster
Joined Mar 2009
584 Posts
subscribed
sNstRflyEr4G3 is offline Find More Posts by sNstRflyEr4G3
Old Oct 07, 2010, 09:10 PM
...just an earth bound misfit
Joined Mar 2010
657 Posts
After doing a bit of damage I'm now using a 1/2"x3/8" light balsa 'n hot glue motor mount. Much tougher now. This little motor is a lot quieter than the stocker and is powerful enough.

The AUW is 240g on 2S800, and 6 minute flights on 8x4.3 are running around 60% discharge. Vertical pull out from a hover is a little slow toward the end of a flight but this is still a fun little beater and I think I prefer it over ultra micro, even if I can't catch an Su-26xp.
Dirt-Torpedo is offline Find More Posts by Dirt-Torpedo
Old Oct 07, 2010, 10:19 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,631 Posts
Okay, I just received the GWS 8X4 props that come in a package of 6, and the props don't even fit the standard motor housing. THe prop hole is too big and it moves a ton and can't really be secured enough. What's the deal? It doesn't come with any adapters. Hmm...
Old Oct 07, 2010, 11:41 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,160 Posts
Quote:
Okay, I just received the GWS 8X4 props that come in a package of 6, and the props don't even fit the standard motor housing. THe prop hole is too big and it moves a ton and can't really be secured enough. What's the deal? It doesn't come with any adapters. Hmm...
most gws does not have adapters. that is why i use apc. use a bullet mount.
Old Oct 07, 2010, 11:53 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxFX View Post
most gws does not have adapters. that is why i use apc. use a bullet mount.
A bullet mount? I'm going to have to look for that. I've never heard of it. Thanks for the suggestion Dax. I'll look for a picture as well.
Old Oct 08, 2010, 01:31 AM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,160 Posts
Quote:
A bullet mount? I'm going to have to look for that. I've never heard of it. Thanks for the suggestion Dax. I'll look for a picture as well.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._4mm_to_6.35mm

make sure you know the size of the motor shaft.
that spinner can hold several size of prop holes.

this is not the size is just to show you.
Old Oct 08, 2010, 01:57 AM
Joined Aug 2008
4,631 Posts
Awe, I understand. Sorry for the confusion. I've never heard the name bullet mount, only prop spinner adapter. That's a great idea and I'll have to look around for one. Even though the adapter will secure the prop on the shaft, the prop hole is still to large for the motor shaft. Do I need to find a small plastic ring adapter to fit inside the prop opening, and then fit the prop on the shaft and secure it with the aluminum spinner/prop adapter? Thanks!
Old Oct 08, 2010, 06:30 AM
...just an earth bound misfit
Joined Mar 2010
657 Posts
Quote:
I made the same mistake as you and was informed (a few pages back) that the GWS 8x4.3 works just fine, and it does, on both the stock motor, and on the Turnigy 2204-14T that I'm using.
Dirt-Torpedo is offline Find More Posts by Dirt-Torpedo
Old Oct 08, 2010, 12:19 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt-Torpedo View Post
I made the same mistake as you and was informed (a few pages back) that the GWS 8x4.3 works just fine, and it does, on both the stock motor, and on the Turnigy 2204-14T that I'm using.
sorry for the "bullet" term. i know that is not the name but in my field we called like that. and i use to called like that. they are a few spinner adapters that have like a cone were the prop goes that can fit diferent prop hole sizes. also all apc's came with some adapter that fit into the hole for bigger or smaler holes.
Old Oct 08, 2010, 01:14 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,631 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I'll have to look around for something that will fit the motor shaft so I can use these larger props I have sitting around.
Old Oct 08, 2010, 01:59 PM
United States, MD, Ellicott City
Joined Mar 2008
1,198 Posts
I lost the z bend for the rudder servo today. What should i use as a replacement?
beginner4life is offline Find More Posts by beginner4life