HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:33 PM
United States, IA, Keosauqua
Joined Sep 2010
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Hi Bob. We're all here to help so don't worry about patience.
While posting, go to advanced, scroll down and hit "manage attachments", then "browse", select the pic file from your HD and "upload". Close the window the "submit" and poof...its in your post.
It's not just electronics--I'm not so great on computers either! I don't seem to have any "advanced" options and the only "manage attachments" i find are under the "Additional Options" pane below this one. Clicking on "manage attachments" does nothing at all. Maybe windows Xt works differently?

Thanks anyway

Bob
Bob A is offline Find More Posts by Bob A
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:47 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob A View Post
It's not just electronics--I'm not so great on computers either! I don't seem to have any "advanced" options and the only "manage attachments" i find are under the "Additional Options" pane below this one. Clicking on "manage attachments" does nothing at all. Maybe windows Xt works differently?

Thanks anyway

Bob
You're not getting off that easy...

That's what you want. Maybe your browser is set to always be on top. Look at the very bottom of you screen after hitting manage attachments. Is it there next to "RC Groups Reply to"? If so click on it. (it opens a new window.)
I use XP also..
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:49 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
For those messing with FPV....PCS-01 from Headplay video goggles at Dell.com. Listed for 149.99 with free shipping. Use coupon code J248HHWXPCWHMR and get 50 bucks off. Add tax and that's about $107. with free shipping.

Info on coupon: http://bensbargains.net/deal/165625/?referrer=rss

Goggles at Dell: go to DELL.COM and type in (copy and paste) PCS-01 Personal Cinema System into the Search.

For some reason I can't get the direct link to work all the time.

Good till 11/18
Last edited by 2500GENE; Nov 12, 2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:58 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,650 Posts
Quote:
For those messing with FPV....PCS-01 from Headplay video goggles at Dell.com. Listed for 149.99 with free shipping. Use coupon code J248HHWXPCWHMR and get 50 bucks off. Add tax and that's about $107. with free shipping.

Info on coupon: http://bensbargains.net/deal/165625/?referrer=rss

Goggles at Dell: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...earch#Overview

Good till 11/18

Gene,

Goggle link does not work.

Bill
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:06 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Gene,

Goggle link does not work.

Bill
Sorry, it's aj's fault.

Go to DELL.COM and search PCS-01 Personal Cinema System.
Can't get the link working.
Last edited by 2500GENE; Nov 12, 2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:18 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,650 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, it's aj's fault.

Go to DELL.COM and search PCS-01 Personal Cinema System.
Can't get the link working.
I found it
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...~ck=dellSearch
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:20 PM
Joined Sep 2010
283 Posts
Quote:
You're not getting off that easy...

That's what you want. Maybe your browser is set to always be on top. Look at the very bottom of you screen after hitting manage attachments. Is it there next to "RC Groups Reply to"? If so click on it. (it opens a new window.)
I use XP also..

Can't seem to find any browse pick anywhere.
If I click on the "quick reply" i do get a "go advanced" button, however when I click that I get a message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". Maybe I should be wasting my time trying to figure out how to include a "confused smilie" face in my posts instead of trying to include a picture.

Bob
Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:31 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Can't seem to find any browse pick anywhere.
If I click on the "quick reply" i do get a "go advanced" button, however when I click that I get a message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". Maybe I should be wasting my time trying to figure out how to include a "confused smilie" face in my posts instead of trying to include a picture.

Bob
WOnder if your Internet Explorer is set to block too much out.
Feel like downloading and installing FireFox? What state you in? Do you know how to send a picture in email?

(see, I have more questions then you!)
Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:32 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
and your link is broken too. Weird.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:47 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,650 Posts
Quote:
and your link is broken too. Weird.
I know, it is weird.

So, if I buy a set of goggles for $100 is it like making stone soup? It's the stone which gets surrounded by camera, TX, RX, gps, etc. Or, I could just use them with my laptop and my wife would think is am nuts.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:58 PM
Joined Sep 2010
283 Posts
Quote:
WOnder if your Internet Explorer is set to block too much out.
Feel like downloading and installing FireFox? What state you in? Do you know how to send a picture in email?

(see, I have more questions then you!)
Yeah, I know how to send pictures in email and I also have Firefox loaded on my computer. I'm not sure why I have this thread loaded on Internet Explorer, all my other RC airplane threads and downloads are on Firefox.

Thanks for YOUR patience.

Bob
Old Nov 12, 2010, 10:06 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
I know, it is weird.

So, if I buy a set of goggles for $100 is it like making stone soup? It's the stone which gets surrounded by camera, TX, RX, gps, etc. Or, I could just use them with my laptop and my wife would think is am nuts.

Bill
Well, I started with a set of MyVu Crystal goggles. Set the wife up with her portable DVD player so she could watch her chick flick movies without bothering me. Great for flights to AZ or Vegas. Kids like them for Play Station and X-Box. I use em for FPV when no ones looking.
Now that everybodys primed, this pair is Dads alone.

You get a board cam for 18 bucks, a RX and TX for 90 or less...and build from there... make a IBCRAZY antenna and slap it all in the SS. Causes nothing but smiles on your face.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 10:08 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, I know how to send pictures in email and I also have Firefox loaded on my computer. I'm not sure why I have this thread loaded on Internet Explorer, all my other RC airplane threads and downloads are on Firefox.

Thanks for YOUR patience.

Bob
No worries Bob.
Load up FireFox and do it all again.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 10:19 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,650 Posts
Quote:
Well, I started with a set of MyVu Crystal goggles. Set the wife up with her portable DVD player so she could watch her chick flick movies without bothering me. Great for flights to AZ or Vegas. Kids like them for Play Station and X-Box. I use em for FPV when no ones looking.
Now that everybodys primed, this pair is Dads alone.

You get a board cam for 18 bucks, a RX and TX for 90 or less...and build from there... make a IBCRAZY antenna and slap it all in the SS. Causes nothing but smiles on your face.
Gene,

Your list sounds reasonable. I had new member of our flying club show up with Easy Star set up for FPV. It was incredible in terms of the hardware he pulled out of van. I especially liked tracking antenna on a camera tripod that kept wrapping the cord around the tripod (he was new at this). He said the entire setup cost him $2500. I used to race cars that cost me a ton of cash just to put it in on the track but in my stage of life the $55K / year tuition for my daughter to attend George Washington University puts the kibosh on such lofty priced equipment for FPV.

If you could PM me a list of entry level FPV components that would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2010, 10:34 PM
Joined Sep 2010
283 Posts
Quote:
No worries Bob.
Load up FireFox and do it all again.
Thanks for all your help Gene. Tomorrow I will try to transfer all my Sky Surfer Favorite files to FireFox so I can do as you suggest but I'm going to bed now--My head Hurts!

Bob