SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:27 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabric8 View Post
It looks like they are sold in 2oz bottles. How many would you say i'd need to build the plane?
I dunno honestly, I got a tube of it cheap from HK when I bought the plane, and even after using it many a times for various things I still have more then a half of tube left. I can't locate it at the moment to let you know how big it is...
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:39 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Glue

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabric8 View Post
It looks like they are sold in 2oz bottles. How many would you say i'd need to build the plane?
You could assemble about 8 planes with one bottle.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:41 PM
Fixed and rotary wing flyer
United States, CA, Newark
Joined Sep 2011
161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
You could assemble about 8 planes with one bottle.
AJ
WOW!!!
fabric8 is online now Find More Posts by fabric8
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:15 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2011
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
My plane is completely held together with foam tac :P Foam tac is VERY flexible stuff and works well for foam, and isn't that hard to separate either if you want.
I might have to give that stuff a try. I don't much care for CA (and hate foam safe varieties), and epoxy is messy. I'm always looking for good adhesives. Do you know if foam tac works on depron? In particular, will it mate porous cut edges?

On another note, I took my SS out on Saturday and noticed something weird. The leading edges of my APC 6x4 sport are turning green. I'm puzzled as to what is causing this discoloration, and no, I don't land upside down on grass. It must be some contaminant in the air or something, I've put at least 20 hours and probably 400+ miles on this prop.
Dkumagai is offline Find More Posts by Dkumagai
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:24 AM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited flyer View Post
No, i am not patiant, yes i know lipos can't travel by air,and yes it is ems via swiss post, and last, i would have went through the us ware house but they did not have every thing i wanted and only wanted to pay shipping from ONE place, any thing else?
On the up side, battery delivery from HK International warehouse will give you lots of practice in Patience!
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old Apr 24, 2012, 06:44 PM
Joined Jul 2010
31 Posts
Hi ppl,

Someone tried use a oversized ESC islead make holes on Bixler to cool down ESC?

Like using 50A (I got one 50A Red Brick) ESC for a 30A motor (Turniy 2826-6 2200kv), and switched external BEC?

Thanks!
ceandre is offline Find More Posts by ceandre
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:18 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceandre View Post
Hi ppl,

Someone tried use a oversized ESC islead make holes on Bixler to cool down ESC?

Like using 50A (I got one 50A Red Brick) ESC for a 30A motor (Turniy 2826-6 2200kv), and switched external BEC?

Thanks!
I originally used a 30a turnigy-ae ESC which was mounted on the side of the plane, I have since upgraded to a 40-50hk ESC which is now mounted inset into the foam above the wings near the motor. Doesn't matter what size ESC you use as long as the amp rating is higher then what you need, though of course the higher the ESC can handle the bigger it will be and the more weight it will contribute.

On a secondary note, my 2200kv motor and new 6x4 prop came in, prop was about as horribly out of balance as my current one is, though this time I did not dremel it out to fit the prop holder , actually there is no insert that fits this RCTimer shaft perfectly, it's slightly lose with the closest fit one, has anyone ever tried to use a piece of electrical tape on the shaft to make the prop fit nice and snug?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:34 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Prop and confusion

Quote:

On a secondary note, my 2200kv motor and new 6x4 prop came in, prop was about as horribly out of balance as my current one is, though this time I did not dremel it out to fit the prop holder , actually there is no insert that fits this RCTimer shaft perfectly, it's slightly lose with the closest fit one, has anyone ever tried to use a piece of electrical tape on the shaft to make the prop fit nice and snug?
The RCTimer output shaft should be 3.17mm. I don't know of any way to mount a prop directly onto the output shaft without some kind of adapter. What am I missing here?
BTW-What prop was it that you had so much trouble balancing? I want to make sure to avoid ordering them.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:42 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
The RCTimer output shaft should be 3.17mm. I don't know of any way to mount a prop directly onto the output shaft without some kind of adapter. What am I missing here?
BTW-What prop was it that you had so much trouble balancing? I want to make sure to avoid ordering them.
AJ
The fit on the adapter that came with the motor, the closest fitting adapter ring for the prop is just slightly bigger opening, 3.175 apparently :P.

The actual prop is this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/120456260486...84.m1497.l2649 Which is the same as the one I originally got from HK.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:20 PM
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
prop & adapter

I bought this two props for my Bixler but it doesnt fit well with the stock adapter. Whats the suitable adapter for this two?...

1. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7936
2. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9873
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:39 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2008
121 Posts
Quote:
The fit on the adapter that came with the motor, the closest fitting adapter ring for the prop is just slightly bigger opening, 3.175 apparently :P.

The actual prop is this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/120456260486...84.m1497.l2649 Which is the same as the one I originally got from HK.
3.175 mm = .125 " (1/8") exactly, if that's any help.
Alpha35 is offline Find More Posts by Alpha35
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:39 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMBOY View Post
I bought this two props for my Bixler but it doesnt fit well with the stock adapter. Whats the suitable adapter for this two?...

1. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7936
2. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9873
You need a collet adapter like the below and you need a reamer to size the prop inner diameter to fit the collet. A reamer keeps the hole centered, a drill does not. You can buy these at HeadsupRC.com for a few dollars. He only ships in the USA.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:22 PM
United States, OR, Blodgett
Joined Apr 2011
348 Posts
NorCalMatCat wrote:
"there is no insert that fits this RCTimer shaft perfectly, it's slightly lose with the closest fit one"

Has anyone else had this problem?
I'm having trouble centering the prop so it doesn't vibrate.
Thanks
Jerry
Jerry Campbell is online now Find More Posts by Jerry Campbell
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:55 PM
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Jan 2012
287 Posts
Get a good prop balancer. I have yet to buy a prop that was in ballance. Some were close but none were dead on.
LawnDartMike is offline Find More Posts by LawnDartMike
Old Apr 25, 2012, 12:48 AM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDartMike View Post
Get a good prop balancer. I have yet to buy a prop that was in ballance. Some were close but none were dead on.
+1... I had a prop last year that came balanced. It actually cost me more time coz I couldn't wrap my head around that the prop was balanced and that I wasn't making a mistake!
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar