HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:42 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,830 Posts
What are the advantages of the Bevrc model?

I see it is more expensive with shipping.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:51 AM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
BEVRC SkyS availability

I just ordered a SkySurfer from BEVRC. The site says they are in stock.
garymcc is offline Find More Posts by garymcc
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:08 PM
Just Me
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Apr 2006
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post

lol....well, seems like the big advantage is, you get it....
Brner is offline Find More Posts by Brner
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:24 PM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2005
98 Posts
Quote:

On the BEVRC site they refer to the SkySurfer V2. It has a modified interior (see my mod pics) They also provide a clear canopy which some may like. Also fast shipping. That's a biggy with me.

Lennie
Eagle-Eye is offline Find More Posts by Eagle-Eye
Last edited by Eagle-Eye; Feb 13, 2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:32 PM
USA, CA, Pismo Beach
Joined Oct 2007
1,381 Posts
Looks like they're out of stock again. Everybody must have jumped on them!
Greywing is offline Find More Posts by Greywing
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:43 PM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
SkySurfer V2 mods.

Do all of the mods AJ lists at the beginning of the thread apply to the BEVRC v2? Is the SkyS v2 improved over the original version so we don't need to consider some of the listed mods?
Thanks.
garymcc is offline Find More Posts by garymcc
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:45 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brner View Post
lol....well, seems like the big advantage is, you get it....
Hmm, I must have gotten lucky. I received mine from banana hobby in 6 days and it was in great shape.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 01:34 PM
Alabama
Joined Sep 2010
130 Posts
Quote:
Hmm, I must have gotten lucky. I received mine from banana hobby in 6 days and it was in great shape.
Good on ya!
The worst part for me is not that I got a damaged product, cuz that happens, but that I've had it for a week now and still no response from the RMA department. Really wish I had waited another week, when the BEVRC v2 came out. Sounds like a much better customer experience and better product to boot.
studawg66 is offline Find More Posts by studawg66
Old Nov 12, 2010, 02:08 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by studawg66 View Post
Good on ya!
The worst part for me is not that I got a damaged product, cuz that happens, but that I've had it for a week now and still no response from the RMA department. Really wish I had waited another week, when the BEVRC v2 came out. Sounds like a much better customer experience and better product to boot.
Send it back with detailed info and then try and contact Pete on RC groups to look for it.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 02:14 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Guys I received my first SS today..
The package was beaten up like it was kicked to Cyprus from China..
Fortunately all the parts inside were just fine.. one more dent and the plane would have been damaged.
I believe that BH with double packing will be better... I bought two from B.Rc but if I ever buy any SSs again I will buy from BH...
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Nov 12, 2010, 02:34 PM
Alabama
Joined Sep 2010
130 Posts
Quote:
Send it back with detailed info and then try and contact Pete on RC groups to look for it.
I have been in contact with customer support a couple of times about an RMA, but they claim I will hear something "soon." I don't want to ship it back until I hear something from them, because if it looks like I'm going to get screwed on this deal I'll just throw some tape and CA on this puppy and fly it ugly. Just hate to do that to something that I paid full price for.

Quote:
I believe that BH with double packing will be better... I bought two from B.Rc but if I ever buy any SSs again I will buy from BH...
Mine was double packed and still sustained damage I'm not willing to accept. In fairness to BH, this damage was apparently not their fault. There is a size 12 boot print on the outer box But I think the biggest problem is with the packing of the product in its original box. It would be fine on a shelf in a store, but those foam pieces are just sort of dropped in with no real bracing to speak of. Compare this with the way many of the Parkzone planes are packed...you could stand on SOME of those boxes (I realize not all are that well packed). Regardless, if you decide to order from BH just hope and pray that they get it right on the first try because the customer service is pretty awful. I wish I had done better homework on this. I feel confident they will make it right, but they are not in any hurry.
studawg66 is offline Find More Posts by studawg66
Old Nov 12, 2010, 03:46 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Thoughts about Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by garymcc View Post
Do all of the mods AJ lists at the beginning of the thread apply to the BEVRC v2? Is the SkyS v2 improved over the original version so we don't need to consider some of the listed mods?
Thanks.
Not all the mods in the first page are from me. The mods are a collection of suggestions from everyone in the thread. I am merely the librarian that files them. As to your question - I don't have a V2 from BEV yet. So, I don't know for sure if all of the mods even apply. I suspect that they work on the V2 plane just as well as they do on the V1. Another thing to keep in mind - It is not necessary to do ANY of the mods. This plane will fly just as it is right out of the box. The mods are listed because all of us have collectively put our minds together and come up with a list of "suggestions" (mods) that we feel enhance the flight characteristics, safety, or longevity of the plane. What I suggest is that you read each one and decide for yourself if it applies to you at all. Good luck and Happy Flying....
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Nov 12, 2010, 03:56 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
WARNING about BH

Quote:
Originally Posted by studawg66 View Post
Regardless, if you decide to order from BH just hope and pray that they get it right on the first try because the customer service is pretty awful. I wish I had done better homework on this. I feel confident they will make it right, but they are not in any hurry.
BH customer service is nearly non-existent. Recently, their very best 2 employees (they were THE customer service dept) have left BH in disgust. I must warn all of you that you are taking a HUGE risk when dealing with BH if you have ANY problems. Good luck. You will certainly going to need it. Sorry to be such a downer. But, I have been working very closely with BH for almost a year and their entire business model is faulty and built for failure. It is typical of companies like BH to create a web presence and rake in as much profits as possible then declare bankruptcy and reappear as another name on the internet and start all over again with the same shady business practices. For me, I just will not take the chance with them. The only positive thing that I can say about them is that they get the prize for the best shipping of the SkyS (box in a box). Remember, too, BH is selling V1 and BEV is selling V2 - approx $10 cheaper.
AJ
Old Nov 12, 2010, 03:59 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
Fortunately all the parts inside were just fine.. one more dent and the plane would have been damaged.
You can say BH is better until they ship a kit without wings. That's right, they sent me a double boxed kit sans the wings. I will take BEVRC that taped up the whole box anyday when everything is in the box.

Bill
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2010, 04:01 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
I agree with your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
In your case, I can certainly understand why you would buy from BH. BEV shipping methods suck. At least, BH is box-in-a-box, which IMO is a great way to ship the SkyS. The box for the SkyS is crap for shipping and BEV just wraps tape around it and hopes for the best. Then, of course, any damage happens to the plane and BEV will tell "well the shipper damaged it" - file a claim against them. That is one part of BEV that is unacceptable to me. So, there you have it. Each person must decide which negative they want to deal with - no customer service vs risk of shipping damage.
For you, I, too, would choose BH if I lived in Cyprus.
AJ