SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 03, 2012, 04:53 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
I just got the call, the person who has my lost bix is bringing it back tomorrow!!! It took him a month to get around to looking in the plane and finding my name and address tag!
Nice one. I bet you have a wide grin on your face. That is why I have my details on the outside.
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2012, 05:02 AM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
Nice one. I bet you have a wide grin on your face. That is why I have my details on the outside.
Yep from now on I am going to :P

I can't wait to see the damage... he said one wing was broken, but that's all I know thus far... I can't wait to test the electronics and make sure they are all good.
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Old Apr 03, 2012, 11:03 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2011
286 Posts
Quote:
I will tomorrow when I get it back
I'm also curious if the lipo is still good. Hopefully it disconnected itself in the crash. Have you replaced any of your fpv gear, and if so did you go 1.3 ghz again?
Dkumagai is offline Find More Posts by Dkumagai
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:39 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,620 Posts
Quote:
I just got the call, the person who has my lost bix is bringing it back tomorrow!!! It took him a month to get around to looking in the plane and finding my name and address tag!
At least you had name tag in the plane. Hurrah!
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:40 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkumagai View Post
I'm also curious if the lipo is still good. Hopefully it disconnected itself in the crash. Have you replaced any of your fpv gear, and if so did you go 1.3 ghz again?
I am betting the battery is dead.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2012, 02:16 PM
Australia, QLD, Oxenford
Joined Oct 2010
2,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
I am betting the battery is dead.
I'd rather pay for another battery than all the equipment he would have had on board!!

LURCH
taz101 is online now Find More Posts by taz101
Old Apr 03, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
To clarify from the convo I had last night with the guy who has it... he flies RC, he got it because a friend of his was the one who actually found it and brought it to him, he unplugged the batteries first thing and told me they where still in safe voltage range!

I will find out the full extent of things sometime today, and will of course share pics.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 05:53 PM
United States, VA, Quantico
Joined Mar 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldentaco View Post
Is that a typo? I run my bix with a 3s and the APC 6x4 and she can climb at a 50deg angle at just under full throttle until I can't tell if she's coming or going. I'd imagine on a 2s you would definitely have less power by about 1/3.

J
I do have the brushed version, with a 2 cell battery. I tried the prop both ways. The APC 6x4 seemed to help a little, but yesterday my problem was that I went out in windy conditions and I don't think my plane is roll balanced, because I had full right aileron trim and was able to fly for awhile, but it would inevitably end with a left hand death spiral to the ground. A few of these were caused or exacerbated by improper control inputs. My plane needs a lot of glueing and taping back together, and I'm taking a few days off as the frustration generated from crash after crash was huge. I tried a few things to try to balance the weights of my wings, but I don't think I was successful.
AmishLou is offline Find More Posts by AmishLou
Old Apr 03, 2012, 06:01 PM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Nov 2011
86 Posts
Quote:
To clarify from the convo I had last night with the guy who has it... he flies RC, he got it because a friend of his was the one who actually found it and brought it to him, he unplugged the batteries first thing and told me they where still in safe voltage range!

I will find out the full extent of things sometime today, and will of course share pics.
Well, I think you have been very lucky there mate. For someone to find it and to pass it on to someone that flies rc is lucky enough, but for them to then get in touch with you to return it is more than lucky.

I am really pleased for you, no one wants to lose a plane at the best of times. I cant wait to see the pictures and hope to see it flying again soon.
dandos23 is offline Find More Posts by dandos23
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:00 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Ok it's BACK! Damage is not THAT bad, wing spar did NOT break, it tore through the wing. 2200 3S had 3.00, 2.84, 2.76 in voltage, and is taking a charge, front of the battery was a little pushed in from impact but appears to be fine...

My 1300mah that was my video bat seems completely dead however...

I am now going to go through the electronics checking process!
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:20 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Just did an electronics test, EVERYTHING is functioning 100%!!!
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:38 PM
wottree
United Kingdom, England, Exeter
Joined Nov 2011
302 Posts
ok, question?

you put your name address tel # etc ,on your plane and you fly over a residential area, and for what ever reason it goes down! and you damage property or hurt somebody!!!
Just thinking aloud

How many of us fly with insurance?
ands is offline Find More Posts by ands
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:39 PM
wottree
Joined Nov 2011
302 Posts
just being Devils advocate ;~)
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:45 PM
wottree
Joined Nov 2011
302 Posts
Sorry, off topic ish?
Old Apr 03, 2012, 08:08 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ands View Post
ok, question?

you put your name address tel # etc ,on your plane and you fly over a residential area, and for what ever reason it goes down! and you damage property or hurt somebody!!!
Just thinking aloud

How many of us fly with insurance?
I wasn't trying to fly over residential area, I was actually following alongside a highway over cow fields, but I didn't notice the wind HAD pushed me 3 blocks over town. I am an AMA member but my insurance is no good flying FPV anyway, so it doesn't really matter on that aspect of it...

As far as property damage aspects go, there was none, thank god as human safety and damage where my first concerns when it happened.

Plus now I have autopilot with RTH, this is not going to happen again plus I will always check for wind conditions and adjust for drift.