SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:16 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Ok I just got my bixler today, stock PNP version, I put the turnigy ae-30 esc in, got all the wiring hooked up and done, binded to receiver, programmed the esc for throttle positions, servos conrol ok, but the motor just jitters... I dunno what is going on and why it will not spin... it's free spin is very jittery feeling to it even...
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:21 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
Ok I just got my bixler today, stock PNP version, I put the turnigy ae-30 esc in, got all the wiring hooked up and done, binded to receiver, programmed the esc for throttle positions, servos conrol ok, but the motor just jitters... I dunno what is going on and why it will not spin... it's free spin is very jittery feeling to it even...
You may have a bad connection between the esc and the motor in one of the 3 wires , possibly at the bullet connectors.
With the prop off and with motor power on some, move the connectors around until it smooths out. Then fix it.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:34 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Yeah I figured it out was a connection, BTW what direction should the motor spin? Clockwise or counter clockwise when looked at from the rear of the plane (dead on looking at motor and prop)
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:41 PM
Space is the answer
Australia, VIC, Warneet
Joined Mar 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Geometries are very similar. The EZ has no ailerons and a smaller rudder that needs to be enlarged. The EZ's foam isn't as smooth as the SkyS but thicker and seems a bit softer. Never weighed either one but the EZ seems heavier.
Gene, what gets me here is the difference in CG between the two planes if they are so similar, 60mm compared to 78mm, any apparent reason for this? In your opinion which has the better flight characteristics or are they both pretty much on par?
ozair is offline Find More Posts by ozair
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:44 PM
Space is the answer
Australia, VIC, Warneet
Joined Mar 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Yeah I figured it out was a connection, BTW what direction should the motor spin? Clockwise or counter clockwise when looked at from the rear of the plane (dead on looking at motor and prop)
Clockwise for the stock prop, counterclockwise for a pusher prop. when viewed from the rear of the plane.
ozair is offline Find More Posts by ozair
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:58 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozair View Post
Clockwise for the stock prop, counterclockwise for a pusher prop. when viewed from the rear of the plane.
Usig 6x4E
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:01 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
My motor is currently spinning counter clockwise
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:05 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,061 Posts
Quote:
Whichever way that makes the prop you have blow air to the rear. Not trying to be a smart @$$ here. Well, maybe just a little. But that's actually how I do it.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:16 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
rofl this is the most obvious choice .
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:30 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,684 Posts
Not tryin' to be a smartass either, but really curious. Can you not just look at a prop and deduce the way it has to spin to function correctly?
And from which, one should know how the motor must spin.
This is something that just escapes me, how people can miss that. It really amazes me.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:31 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
Not tryin' to be a smartass either, but really curious. Can you not just look at a prop and deduce the way it has to spin to function correctly?
This is something that just escapes me, how people can miss that. It really amazes me.
I could but I wanted to make sure.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:52 PM
Bill
United States, NE, La Vista
Joined Jul 2007
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill View Post
Those old electric models always used brushed motors, had the RED ESC arming button, 6x to 10x NiMh batteries and NEVER flew - or if they did it was for about 30 seconds!!
I would have to disagree. I've been flying electrics since 1991 (and Nitro before that) and have had flights of well over 20 minutes with Sport Flyers and much longer with powered gliders. A great site to review the history of "Silent Power" is http://homepage.mac.com/kmyersefo/framesefo.html. BTW, "Silent Power" was the name of a column in Radio Control Magazine way back in the 1980's. Before the arrival of brushless motors and Li-Po batteries we had Astro Flight Cobalt motors and Ni-Cads. The Speed 400 series of motors brought Electric Power to the masses at a low cost. What we have now is orders of magnitude better, sort of like comparing a 2012 automobile with a 1950's model. The 1950 Ford would get you there but the ride is a lot nicer in the 2012 Expedition!
HiFlyer371 is offline Find More Posts by HiFlyer371
Last edited by HiFlyer371; Dec 16, 2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:02 PM
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined Mar 2002
1,385 Posts
look at the prop. one side is relitavly straight, and the other is curved. the straighter side is the front of the prop.
doomracing is offline Find More Posts by doomracing
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:03 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlyer371 View Post
BTW, "Silent Power" was the name of a column in Radio Control Magazine way back in the 1980's.
I remember that! What a blast from the past. Thanks.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:31 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
Jay, you really should save comments like that for people like me. It sounds like you're busting on him for not noticing what is obvious to you.
We've all had basic questions before.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE