SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 22, 2011, 02:00 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
All this is a puzzle for me and I am getting confused.
All I can work out is... I am flying in a 10mph wind. So if I fly into wind for 5 minutes, then turn downwind for 5 minutes.
So now I have lost LOS and maybe lost RC range, so I have to get into my car and drive 30mph at least to try and follow it and find it..
If and when I find it. I now have to take it home and repair the resulting damage.
Moral... Just fly it normally and don't bother how much AMPS it is drawing if flying into wind.
Hahahaha... good point. Back to basics!
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2011, 02:29 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkumagai View Post
If anyone is interested, my ARF SS from BH came with a 2.3mm collet-style prop adapter. I had already purchased an adapter from headsuprc, and I think either will work on my TGS 6x4. The stock adapter is significantly larger and heavier than the one from headsuprc.

The stock prop also seems to be of better quality than what was included with previous iterations of the SS. The stock spar also appears thicker than what I've seen in pictures here. I can post some shots of my kit while it's still in pieces if anyone is interested.
Would you please post pictures of the transmitter, too (all sides). TIA
We are still trying to find out the difference between V2 and V3 (if any) as advertised by the no support BH.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Last edited by ajbaker; Oct 22, 2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 02:31 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozair View Post
Well done HFB, your medal is in the mail

On a serious note, I think Congratulations are in order for AJ the man that set up this thread and through his diligent efforts created one of the best threads on RCG. Well done AJ, over 10000 posts and going strong.
Thanks for the props. I attribute much of the success of the posters like you and so many others. Thanks to all for your support and endless information.
AJ
P.S. HERE is the picture you requested from me on gyros. Prof100 mounted them exactly the same way I did. I hope this meets your request.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 03:02 PM
FPV Noob
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Jun 2011
291 Posts
Hi all, I've seen that some of you have been using gyros, any joy?
I was looking @ getting one but have no idea which one? Does it have to be an aircraft specific gyro such as the HK Turnigy one?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6755

Or
can it be a cheap heli head lock gyro?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance,
Happy flying,
Al
fpsazerbaijan is offline Find More Posts by fpsazerbaijan
Old Oct 22, 2011, 04:00 PM
FPV Noob
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Jun 2011
291 Posts
Hi all! Sorry more questions...
I am looking for a replacement prop adapter/spinner for the Bixler (SS V1). I need one that will fit the TGS Sport 6x4E Precision propeller. Any ideas please? Happy flying, Al
fpsazerbaijan is offline Find More Posts by fpsazerbaijan
Old Oct 22, 2011, 04:07 PM
Joined Jan 2007
2,024 Posts
See page one for the suggestion. It's right there.
healthyfatboy is offline Find More Posts by healthyfatboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2011, 04:38 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Page #1 Edits

Page #1 has been edited to trim down some of the length from build blogs and the addition of video guidelines furnished by many readers of the Clouds Fly, Easy Star, and Sky Surfer threads. Thanks to all who posted a suggestion.
AJ
Last edited by ajbaker; Oct 22, 2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 05:03 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2011
286 Posts
Sorry AJ, no transmitter. I bought the ARF and purchased a dx6i. Despite being told I would only be getting a v2 (with black canopy, which doesn't make sense), I received what appears to be a v3. Let me take some pics for you guys.
Dkumagai is offline Find More Posts by Dkumagai
Old Oct 22, 2011, 05:25 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
A picture is worth......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkumagai View Post
Sorry AJ, no transmitter. I bought the ARF and purchased a dx6i. Despite being told I would only be getting a v2 (with black canopy, which doesn't make sense), I received what appears to be a v3. Let me take some pics for you guys.
Great. That would help. Right now, there are so many changes and variations that it is getting hard to predict what a person would get. Right now, pictures would definitely help. TIA.
AJ
Old Oct 22, 2011, 06:01 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,601 Posts
AJ
I purchased my SS from BH last July. The paperwork states it is a V3. I have attached a picture of the transmitter to this replay.
Vince
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Oct 22, 2011, 06:05 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
Fl reacts:

The top picture can't be in Florida. They don't allow pushcarts in the roadway.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Oct 22, 2011, 06:26 PM
Space is the answer
Australia, VIC, Warneet
Joined Mar 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Off to Fl.
Good luck Gene, hope all goes well for ya.
ozair is offline Find More Posts by ozair
Old Oct 22, 2011, 06:34 PM
Space is the answer
Australia, VIC, Warneet
Joined Mar 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Seriously dude? They weren't any good at all?? I know it wouldn't have been much, and still don't understand why I didn't get a code (the '2 people' icon didn't show beside the logger on my receipt as it did for the others) for my purchase, but they should've allowed you the discount if you got them in in time. That sux! Let me know if true or you're just kidding, & I'll at least say something to 'em about it.

While we're on the subject of customer treatment, lemme tell y'all about Banana Hobby's latest shenanigans. I engaged their Online Chat to ask about getting that clear canopy, only, rather than the complete canopy assy I wanted....and I asked what I had to order to get the whole thing since nothing else showed on the spare parts listing - just 'Canopy'. They answered promptly at first ring, took my question, said (in effect) "Let me check", kept coming back saying "I apologise for delay, am waiting a reply from another department", me replying "OK, thanks" and after about 20-25 minutes of those exchanges, suddenly disconnected without ever answering. 2 immediate attempts to get 'em back, followed by another ~1 hour later, and another the next morning....and they just won't "answer the phone". The subsequent contact attempts aren't running like the first....different screen results, etc. It's like at seeing my name or the order # from the log-in process, you're automatically cut off.

So, it appears their legacy of "Send us your money, then forget you!" is still alive and well, and hasn't improved at all since the early days. Well.....can't say I wasn't warned.

Anybody need a clear V2 canopy?
Take it easy SH, I'm kidding man. It appears that HK offer buddy codes on small items but not on the good stuff, I really dont know what thier criterea are for deciding what qualifies and what does not, if anyone knows what is going on with these buddy codes please enlighten us.

With regards to BH I cannot undestand how they are still in business with such shocking after sales and back up support, it will eventually catch up with them though.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 06:39 PM
Space is the answer
Australia, VIC, Warneet
Joined Mar 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Fl reacts:

SH I never thought that everyone will be rushing in to FL to see him arrive, why even the police have already prepared to make sure no harm comes to him and his dogs when he gets there.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 06:53 PM
Space is the answer
Australia, VIC, Warneet
Joined Mar 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Thanks for the props. I attribute much of the success of the posters like you and so many others. Thanks to all for your support and endless information.
AJ
P.S. HERE is the picture you requested from me on gyros. Prof100 mounted them exactly the same way I did. I hope this meets your request.
Yes AJ, the pictures provided by Bill are very informative (thanks for posting Prof), for me anyway.

I just purchased this one http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ESky-0008...item1e644703c0

to play around with and get a feel of what they can do.