Old Oct 11, 2011, 04:24 PM
Here because of FPV
Toronto
Joined Jul 2010
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARG5 View Post
Out of line.
What I did on mine was to cut under the hoz. stab. on the LEFT SIDE, enough to let it pull back down to get things level. It worked.
SARG5
Hi. Thanks for the answer. I'll give it a try. This sounds much safer than what I was imagining.
bradsears is offline Find More Posts by bradsears
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2011, 04:45 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,313 Posts
just got my bixler today...though its raining out and i just picked up forza4 so probably wont touch it tonight
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Oct 11, 2011, 05:49 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
just got my bixler today...though its raining out and i just picked up forza4 so probably wont touch it tonight
I'm holding out for fiveza5.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Oct 11, 2011, 05:53 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
You're usually a funny guy. But we all take a swing and a miss sometime...
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 11, 2011, 06:57 PM
Joined Mar 2011
4,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
sadly not the first time i heard that today

i did hook my esc and receiver up to the bixler though when i had a couple minutes along with putting on the 6x4 prop. Might fire up the hot glue gun later and attach the tail section and control horns
Old Oct 11, 2011, 07:13 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
You're usually a funny guy. But we all take a swing and a miss sometime...
Slow night.
Had no idea what a forza4 was.
Gotta love google.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Oct 11, 2011, 07:14 PM
USA, NY, Endicott
Joined Oct 2010
227 Posts
I finally completed the build with mods on my SkyS (like AJ's rec. here) and the COG comes out at 60mm with a 2200mah bat up in the nose. Completed about a doz mods. About 50% complete with my build log but have 2 questions I could use some advise on:
  1. What picture editor do you use to print captions under the pictures.
  2. Same ? for video editing. I want to take Profs' advise, keep the video about 3 to 4 min & add some music so you don't have to listen to just the motor all the time.
TIA guys, appreciate any suggestions. I have attached one picture of my SkyS on my HM COG stand. I plan to add front & back air scoops as soon as I decide what I am going to use.
Ron
Papo_60 is offline Find More Posts by Papo_60
Old Oct 11, 2011, 07:16 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papo_60 View Post
I finally completed the build with mods on my SkyS (like AJ's rec. here) and the COG comes out at 60mm with a 2200mah bat up in the nose. Completed about a doz mods. About 50% complete with my build log but have 2 questions I could use some advise on:
  2. Same ? for video editing. I want to take Profs' advise, keep the video about 3 to 4 min & add some music so you don't have to listen to just the motor all the time.
TIA guys, appreciate any suggestions. I have attached one picture of my SkyS on my HM COG stand. I plan to add front & back air scoops as soon as I decide what I am going to use.
Ron
Nice! You must be single.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 07:44 PM
Joined Mar 2011
4,313 Posts
tail assembly is together and the CA it drying on the 3mm spar in the bottom of the fuse...now to get the pesky washers out of the nose....really dont want to cut a hole or deal with hot water right now so that may be tomorrow
Old Oct 11, 2011, 07:47 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
tail assembly is together and the CA it drying on the 3mm spar in the bottom of the fuse...now to get the pesky washers out of the nose....really dont want to cut a hole or deal with hot water right now so that may be tomorrow
The hot water method is really very simple... surprisingly easy.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 08:54 PM
Joined Jan 2007
1,921 Posts
Yup, hot water works great. That's what I did, despite being a little wary of it, it worked well.
healthyfatboy is offline Find More Posts by healthyfatboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2011, 09:00 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papo_60 View Post
Ron
Ron,

I don't know who you are asking but I do use Google's free picasa3. See attached video captured jpeg with text from Picasa3 editor. You can add text anywhere and any size with the color you prefer.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:53 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
RPM Sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
<big snip> the Good thing the club was havin' a cookout - only thing that kept me at the field!
This is what I was shared with you. I use 3.5mm plugs. But, of course, you can used anything you like.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Oct 12, 2011, 12:54 AM
Serge
Россия, Калужская область, город Калуга
Joined Jun 2011
637 Posts
To bradsears: I did not bother. Just compensated the slope with ailerons in the opposite direction.
To Papo_60
I use http://www.bsplayer.com just press "P" while video is running very handy. Or stop the video for a closer look and then press "P"
To shadow102: I use my lady's hear dryer blowing inside the fuse and hooking the washes with a bike spoke.
ua3xds is offline Find More Posts by ua3xds
Old Oct 12, 2011, 01:28 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
removed post
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Last edited by ajbaker; Oct 12, 2011 at 10:56 PM.