HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:21 AM
Joined Oct 2011
10 Posts
Bixler pictures

AJ

Thank you for putting this thread thogether, I read your posts 2 & 3, very helpfull all around, I will be adding some pictures and a video by the weekend.

Thanks again

CARS II
CARS II is offline Find More Posts by CARS II
Last edited by CARS II; Oct 10, 2011 at 12:39 PM. Reason: .
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:33 AM
Joined Oct 2011
10 Posts
Bixler pictures

Pictures
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:36 AM
Joined Jan 2007
2,052 Posts
Flypoppa and Old Joe, both good ideas, however, I ended up going a different route. Since it was already bent, I decided to yank the rest off and it finally came off. With it bent, I decided to try to straighten it out and see what I could do and I got it straight so I went to finish my testing!
I have all the data I need now so it's just a matter of figuring out how to plot all the graphs to make sense.
I will say that out of the three props, I like the APC 6x4 pusher the best as it had the most power and was way more quiet than the other two. I had to swap two of the motor wires to change motor direction but it was no big deal. The RC Timer prop was loud but I think that's more of an issue with it not seating well on the prop adapter as even with the right plastic adapter to line the prop up to the prop adapter, it was still loose and probably not on true like it needed to be.
Results later.
healthyfatboy is offline Find More Posts by healthyfatboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:40 AM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,794 Posts
Hey guys,
building new plane with DL and my past experience tells me to ask stupid questions first before I seal everything solid.
So here I go:
pictures of my planned set up, and concern about the GPS placement right over the DL antenna coax - problem?
Plan is to finish it all by next week so I can take it on vacation (time is tight here).

So any comments, concerns, and constructive advice will be greatly appreciated :-)

I may throw a case of beer in as a token of appreciation :-)).
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:56 AM
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2006
1,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Joe View Post
He was just in this forum answering posts just prior to me posting the above. About two minutes later he was gone!
Dock his pay!
Little-Acorn is offline Find More Posts by Little-Acorn
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:00 PM
Joined Oct 2011
10 Posts
Bixler pictures

More pictures
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:13 PM
Joined Oct 2011
10 Posts
Bixler pictures

Pictures
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:16 PM
Joined Jan 2007
2,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
Hey guys,
building new plane with DL and my past experience tells me to ask stupid questions first before I seal everything solid.
So here I go:
pictures of my planned set up, and concern about the GPS placement right over the DL antenna coax - problem?
Plan is to finish it all by next week so I can take it on vacation (time is tight here).

So any comments, concerns, and constructive advice will be greatly appreciated :-)

I may throw a case of beer in as a token of appreciation :-)).
If it's not two way communication between the DL Rx and Tx, then you should be fine.
Please let me know how that motor mount goes. I have a motor can from an EZ* brushed motor I'll be using to do the same thing on my other SS when I get a motor in for it.
Thanks!
healthyfatboy is offline Find More Posts by healthyfatboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:18 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Joe View Post
He was just in this forum answering posts just prior to me posting the above. About two minutes later he was gone!
He wasn't "gone". He just doesn't want to answer difficult questions. I think we got is straightened out amongst ourselves, though. BTW, this is just one kerfuffle in a very excellent thread, so overall I thank AJ for his effort!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Last edited by erkq; Oct 10, 2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:23 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARS II View Post
eAJ

Thank you for putting this thread thogether, I read your posts 2 & 3, very helpfull all around, I will be adding some pictures and a video by the weekend.

Thanks again

CARS II
Great. Nice Pics. I look forward to seeing any videos.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:25 PM
Joined Oct 2011
10 Posts
Bixler pictures

Pictures
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:30 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARS II View Post
Pictures
Why is there a hole in the side of the fuselage?
AJ
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:46 PM
Joined Oct 2011
10 Posts
Bixler pictures

Air intake to kep the ESC cool, since I read that it was getting hot in some of the intallations, works really good, ESC is cool even after flying her really hard, if you notice in the very first pictures there is a hole on the right side under the wing also for the air to exit the fuse.

CARS II
Last edited by CARS II; Oct 10, 2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: .
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:50 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyfatboy View Post
If it's not two way communication between the DL Rx and Tx, then you should be fine.
Please let me know how that motor mount goes. I have a motor can from an EZ* brushed motor I'll be using to do the same thing on my other SS when I get a motor in for it.
Thanks!
Not sure what you mean two way communication?
DL Tx sends signal to DL Rx.
What I am concerned is that DL signal may kill GPS signal (if it is possible), but DL antenna is way on the tail so I guess GPS being just above coaxial from DL antenna should not matter any more.
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Old Oct 10, 2011, 01:00 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
. Good luck with you Megajet maiden tomorrow.
Darn weather, darn plane, darn wife.
Heavy Rain.
http://www.weatherforyou.com/cgi-bin...&zipcode=95648
Maybe tomorrow. Rats.
AJ