HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:19 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,406 Posts
Ya reckon you could give us a head start & at least tell us the brand of radio & model? Ya reckon that'd help just th' teensiest bit, ya reckon?? ~

If the wires have stiffened with age & you haven't monkeyed with 'em, my first guess would be they go right as they lay, to those 4 terminals you see with the only stranded wires in picture, it looks like they broke off from. That most 4-wire circuitry tended to have hot (red) & ground (black) at opposite ends, that pattern would seem to fit here too....and that's how the insulated ones lay. Any tiny bits of insulation stuck to the box that might offer a clue?
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by StarHopper44; Sep 30, 2011 at 10:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:54 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
FPV Stuff on another thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirewolf903 View Post
I know this is OT from the SS but I know this it an active thread with a ton of very smart folks so im hoping someone can help.

I have this 900MHz transmitter and pulled out the wires from the circuit board. I took it back to where I got it Supercircuits and it's so old the Tech guys couldn't find any paperwork on it. Soooo I'm back at square one and looking for someone that has one of these or knows by looking at the circuit board which wire goes where, if that's even possible. It's been great for years and just hope I can get a few more years out of it.
That would be great if you could. The fastest way to get the answer you seek is to put your question on one of the FPV forums. Your question is really not appropriate for this forum because we don't deal with FPV as it might be applied to this plane.. I hope 2500GENE sees this post and recommends a good thread to find the information you require. Good Luck! AND Happy Flying.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:17 PM
Indianola Iowa
Joined Jan 2008
1,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Ever notice when you talk to someone who doesn't understand your language very well you talk louder, as is that will help? anyway...

THE PROP ADAPTER WILL COME OFF AS EXPLAINED ON THE FIRST PAGE. YOU'RE NOT PRYING IT OFF WITH ENOUGH FORCE.....

Sorry. Joke...

Your English is fine/

If you are real careful you can heat the adapter with a propane torch just a bit and it will help.. Not too much. The aluminum adapter will expand faster then the steel shaft.
Balancing at 60mm make for a more stable plane for those starting out. After getting used to it moving to 65-72 will help making it respond quicker. It's personal preference. There is no 1 size fits all here peoples flying styles are different.
We tell StarDumper to fly at 63.7695mm. He'll spend all day trying to get it perfect at that setting and finally fall asleep before launching and causing havoc at the field. It's a safety issue.
I was having trouble getting the stock hub off to ,then I read the above post about the torch & heating it a bit ,well don't have a troch so tried my weller 8200n soldering gun ,worked like a charm, so thought I would pass it along.
Sayers1 ( jerry )
Sayers1 is offline Find More Posts by Sayers1
Old Oct 01, 2011, 12:19 AM
FPV ADDICT
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
Ya reckon you could give us a head start & at least tell us the brand of radio & model? Ya reckon that'd help just th' teensiest bit, ya reckon?? ~

If the wires have stiffened with age & you haven't monkeyed with 'em, my first guess would be they go right as they lay, to those 4 terminals you see with the only stranded wires in picture, it looks like they broke off from. That most 4-wire circuitry tended to have hot (red) & ground (black) at opposite ends, that pattern would seem to fit here too....and that's how the insulated ones lay. Any tiny bits of insulation stuck to the box that might offer a clue?
I wish I had that much info to give but I don't. It was a custom made transmitter from Supercircuts (large security camera company out of Austin Tx) so no model brand nothing other then 900mhz. The wire pulled out all together as I was moving it from one plane to another with no transfer of wire color to link from which connection it come from. I was just hoping someone with circuit board knowledge could tell which connect was which based on the components attached to the leads. I have and will be posting in any thread I can to hopefully find someone that may know. Thanks
Wirewolf903 is offline Find More Posts by Wirewolf903
Old Oct 01, 2011, 01:21 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elequin View Post
Sorry, the Captain Obvious thing has me confused - it is really not a SS version or clone? Once again, I'm not sure how to check if it's made by J-Power, but the Czech instructions (and no mention of J-Power anywhere on the box/instructions) do lead me to believe it's of Czech origin. It's obviously modeled on the SS, but does have lots of differences.

If posts about this version are inappropriate for this thread, please let me know!
That is correct. Your plane is not a clone of either the SkyS or the Bixler. Actually, The Bixler IS in fact a Sky Surfer - Only in different packaging. The SkyS Ver1 and the Bixler ARE actually IDENTICAL. So, if your cash flow allows, get a Sky Surfer V1, Sky Surfer V2, or a Bixler and join in all the fun. Also, upon joining, you will be given full use of 2500GENE's credit card. You can use it for all your needs in RC. That is how we all got 1 or 2 planes.
AJ
Old Oct 01, 2011, 03:31 AM
Fly More Crash Less
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Sep 2007
1,369 Posts
I hope I do not upset anyone with this question. I have been reading up a little bit on this airframe on this thread. I like kit versions of most of Jpower birds (50mm EDF's and Mini Warbird Series). I am looking at getting a plane that would be a good platform for a camera not an FPV (I already have my camera i am going to use). What is the best route to go kit or arf, right now? Is V2 worth dealing with Banana Hobby? Is the kit that BH is currently shipping V2 or V1? The HK version looks good to me but do I really need to mod it a ton to just fly it around with a camera? I know mods are a fact of life with some of these planes from NP, HK, and BH but some need more than others.

Thanks for the info ahead of time. Not sure how far down the line until I pick one of these up but I just wanted to start my research now and I know I have found the thread for answers. Thanks.
AZAerobat is online now Find More Posts by AZAerobat
Old Oct 01, 2011, 04:13 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAerobat View Post
I hope I do not upset anyone with this question. I have been reading up a little bit on this airframe on this thread. I like kit versions of most of Jpower birds (50mm EDF's and Mini Warbird Series). I am looking at getting a plane that would be a good platform for a camera not an FPV (I already have my camera i am going to use). What is the best route to go kit or arf, right now? Is V2 worth dealing with Banana Hobby? Is the kit that BH is currently shipping V2 or V1? The HK version looks good to me but do I really need to mod it a ton to just fly it around with a camera? I know mods are a fact of life with some of these planes from NP, HK, and BH but some need more than others.

Thanks for the info ahead of time. Not sure how far down the line until I pick one of these up but I just wanted to start my research now and I know I have found the thread for answers. Thanks.
What camera and weight? The SS/Bix can take a 5oz camera. At least that what I have used.
Flypoppa is online now Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2011, 04:15 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,095 Posts
Quote:
I wish I had that much info to give but I don't. It was a custom made transmitter from Supercircuts (large security camera company out of Austin Tx) so no model brand nothing other then 900mhz. The wire pulled out all together as I was moving it from one plane to another with no transfer of wire color to link from which connection it come from. I was just hoping someone with circuit board knowledge could tell which connect was which based on the components attached to the leads. I have and will be posting in any thread I can to hopefully find someone that may know. Thanks
All I can tell from the circuit is that the black negative wire goes to the top contact which is ground.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2011, 05:26 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Aug 2011
45 Posts
On the Bixler Tx I assume High/Mid/Low refers to sensitivity. If so how do I change it?

Actually I think it's the range test...anyone on how this works?
guroos is offline Find More Posts by guroos
Last edited by guroos; Oct 01, 2011 at 07:10 AM. Reason: more info
Old Oct 01, 2011, 07:09 AM
Germany, BY, Nuremberg
Joined Sep 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
That is correct. Your plane is not a clone of either the SkyS or the Bixler. Actually, The Bixler IS in fact a Sky Surfer - Only in different packaging. The SkyS Ver1 and the Bixler ARE actually IDENTICAL. So, if your cash flow allows, get a Sky Surfer V1, Sky Surfer V2, or a Bixler and join in all the fun. Also, upon joining, you will be given full use of 2500GENE's credit card. You can use it for all your needs in RC. That is how we all got 1 or 2 planes.
AJ
Okay, so it's a new plane. I may eventually get a SS V1 or Bixler for Ardupilot or FPV, since this Beta does not have much room inside. Many thanks to 2500GENE in advance!

I've started a different thread about the Beta, since the content does not belong in this thread. I'll certainly stick around in this thread anyway!
elequin is offline Find More Posts by elequin
Old Oct 01, 2011, 07:19 AM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Is it just me or do I see wire colors still on the box.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Oct 01, 2011, 10:42 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,095 Posts
Quote:
It's a reflection.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2011, 11:04 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAerobat View Post

When you do get a Sky Surfer or Bixler, be sure to come on back. As you discovered, this thread is mostly focused on the nuts and bolts of those planes. But, occasionally, we all go OT for a post or two. We all try to be flexible like Flypoppa, who gave you some good information (IMO) on cameras for the SkyS. Enjoy...
AJ
Old Oct 01, 2011, 11:50 AM
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Problem found.. please ignore (unless you are interested in weird computer glitches) It's due to the date in this machine being set to 2003 (for good reason) but I don't understand why it only effects Wirewolfs photos. Other machines, Linux, Android and Windows with various browsers display the photos just fine as long as the date is current.

Gene, now I need help!!!. Where did that photo come from? I noticed that Starhopper came back as if he was looking at a photo as well, but I don't see it. The original post by Wirewolf903 does not show an attachment or included photo, as I see it. And oddly when I go to Wirewolf903's blog I see just two videos and a lot of captions and text, but no photos. Even looking at all the attachments for this thread does not show that photo until you posted it. Is this thread becoming so long that it is no longer working properly? Wirewolf903, do you know of any restrictions on your posts that would prevent readers outside the US from viewing the photos?

BTW, I do see lots of photos in AJ's and AZAerobat's blogs so it seems to be related only to Wirewolf's photos.

I'm a confused guy here!

Gord
Gordks is offline Find More Posts by Gordks
Last edited by Gordks; Oct 01, 2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old Oct 01, 2011, 03:43 PM
Indianola Iowa
Joined Jan 2008
1,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
Well dang. hmmmm....
Hey, you got any way of measuring how much thrust you're getting?
Got a gram scale? Any kind you can set on the floor, we'll make do.
Put the plane straight up & down with its nose on the scale & zero it, & while lightly holding the fuse just in front of tail feathers, have someone run motor up to full throttle long enough for you to read the weight the scale's showing. Fully charged battery. Careful - don't let the prop bite ya!

Tell us that & which battery, I'll run a test & see how they compare.
OK StarHopper44 this is about what thrust I have It was done on a postal scale by subtracting weight of fuslage motor not running from weight at WOT got about 25oz. APC 6 x4 E prop 3s 1300mAh 25C Batt.
Sound any where near right ?
Thank you
Sayers1 ( jerry )
Sayers1 is offline Find More Posts by Sayers1