Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
I still prefer Eagle Tree Systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
Have any of you guys used this in-flight voltage logger?:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10348
Tho it's branded Hobby King, it's the same Model 'L1' logger made & sold by AEO RC, so what I'm wanting to find out would apply to either one.
I think you meant AERORC.com??? Maybe??
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2011, 12:37 PM
Row 0, Seat A
Savannah, GA
Joined Jan 2008
2,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozair View Post
All I know is that I would have a bloody hard time trying to cut my ears off with nuts.
Mmmm... It's the other way around that gives me the willies.

Ted
G550Ted is offline Find More Posts by G550Ted
Old Sep 28, 2011, 01:32 PM
Germany, BY, Nuremberg
Joined Sep 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ua3xds View Post
Well we call those sticking out things 'ears' over here.
By the way the plane in the Czech review is normal Bixler not the one from the elequinís pictures.
That's true - the one I got has a clear canopy, and a totally different nacelle.

BTW, the ESC seems quite configurable. It's configurable for brake setting, battery type, low voltage cutoff mode, low voltage cutoff threshold, startup mode (normal/soft/super-soft), and timing.

I'm wondering, does anyone have a recommendation on the timing? I guess that'd be difficult, not knowing this particular motor (don't know if it's different).

Also, kinda weird (and probably a newbie mistake), but I bound it to my TX tonight, and ALL of the controls were reversed except for the throttle. Is this normal? I reversed on the TX and now everything is ok, but maybe I made a newbie mistake?
elequin is offline Find More Posts by elequin
Old Sep 28, 2011, 01:48 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
4,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
I think you meant AERORC.com??? Maybe??
AJ
Nope....AEO RC (the circled star in their logo is actually the 'O')
http://www.aeorc.cn/english/?product-279.html

Now, when ya get there, compare their 'sale' price to the $TwennyBux I bought mine for this morning. Delivered.

I'm impressed by the EagleTree system....but from what I know (little) you buy that, then ya gotta buy all those sensors separately, yada yada yada....and the price gets way on up there. And eg, search HK for EagleTree and they only have that & the $81 HvyDuty unit....is all I saw & I don't even know where to get the sensors & other accs from.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2011, 01:52 PM
Germany, BY, Nuremberg
Joined Sep 2011
19 Posts
Beta 1400 (Czech)

Ok, so I decided I needed to remove the top of the nacelle and take some photos. Um, isn't the SS usually an inrunner motor? This is an outrunner!

You can also see the metal screws along the top of the fuse.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 02:00 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
4,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elequin View Post
...Also, kinda weird (and probably a newbie mistake), but I bound it to my TX tonight, and ALL of the controls were reversed except for the throttle. Is this normal? I reversed on the TX and now everything is ok, but maybe I made a newbie mistake?
Where your servos plug into the receiver, is the darkest wire(s) - be they brown or black* - facing the nearest end of the receiver? Should be.

*(they're the ground wire of the 3)
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by StarHopper44; Sep 28, 2011 at 07:37 PM. Reason: speleng
Old Sep 28, 2011, 02:08 PM
Germany, BY, Nuremberg
Joined Sep 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Where your servos plug into the receiver, is the darkest wire(s) - be they brown or black* - facing the nearest end of the receiver? Shouls be.

*(they're the ground wire of the 3)
I tried reversing the servo plugs on the receiver, and then none of them would move at all.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 02:16 PM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,086 Posts
Quote:
I tried reversing the servo plugs on the receiver, and then none of them would move at all.
Of course they will not. As the Star Shopper said the black wire is negative and will only work when plugged in the correct way.
Also it could be normal for the servos be reversed as it would depend how they were installed.
You took the simple option by reversing then with the TX.
Flypoppa is online now Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2011, 02:34 PM
Germany, BY, Nuremberg
Joined Sep 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
Of course they will not. As the Star Shopper said the black wire is negative and will only work when plugged in the correct way.
Also it could be normal for the servos be reversed as it would depend how they were installed.
You took the simple option by reversing then with the TX.
Ah ok, thanks. That makes sense. I guess the servos were installed reversed, at least for my RX...(?) Ah well, it works now.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:09 PM
Joined Jan 2007
1,989 Posts
Quote:

Now, when ya get there, compare their 'sale' price to the $TwennyBux I bought mine for this morning. Delivered.

I'm impressed by the EagleTree system....but from what I know (little) you buy that, then ya gotta buy all those sensors separately, yada yada yada....and the price gets way on up there. And eg, search HK for EagleTree and they only have that & the $81 HvyDuty unit....is all I saw & I don't even know where to get the sensors & other accs from.
Look up E-logger and the newest V4 should be there. It may show $70 or so but if you're a platinum member, you can get it with the integrated connectors for $47. That's almost 20% less than buying from TowerHobbies or from ET directly.
healthyfatboy is offline Find More Posts by healthyfatboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:21 PM
Registered Noob
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined May 2011
300 Posts
Quote:
fwiw, Hobbypartz.com carries it as well, but OOS, and priced a little more than HK. I might pick one up if they get it in, or in my next HK order:

http://www.hobbypartz.com/88e-aevr10...-analyzer.html
protocol is offline Find More Posts by protocol
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:26 PM
USA, NY, Endicott
Joined Oct 2010
227 Posts
PayPal

Slightly OT but I am trying to buy some of the order for my SS.. I have tried a few times to pay for my HK order using PayPal. But when I get to the point where I need authorize pay through Paypal, it never completes the transaction??? Today I was ordering my next plane, a T-28 from Nitroplanes & the same thing happened. I am suspecting it may have something to do with completing the transaction through China??????

I use PayPal all the time on other sites with no such problem. Anyone else ever have or heard of this problem???? If so, would appreciate a PM. TIA
Ron
Papo_60 is offline Find More Posts by Papo_60
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:33 PM
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Ok, so I decided I needed to remove the top of the nacelle and take some photos. Um, isn't the SS usually an inrunner motor? This is an outrunner!

The earlier versions were designed for inrunners. Yours is obviously not. It is meant for an outrunner from the start. I like the way they have run the motor wires down right away instead of going forward above the wing. It certainly looks related to the V1 and V2 models, but it is far different. Might be the V3 after all. Or from another manufacturer altogether, but I doubt that. I notice that, on the sight linked to earlier (http://www.rcm-pelikan.cz/index.php?...oduct&id=46837), the overall view is V1 yet all the smaller detail views are the latest. I can see from one of those views that the top half of that nacelle seems designed to be removable. A good idea. As far as the wing securing method goes, I like it. If you don't hit things with it is won't break. If you do, use glue.

Gord
Gordks is offline Find More Posts by Gordks
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:44 PM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Feb 2009
25 Posts
2836 2350kv

Hi guys.

My very first post. Excellent forum and great people around. Have been reading the forums for a while now. Complete newbie to the hobby but have been interested in planes and rc stuff since childhood. would have been into the hobby much earlier if it was not for med school. anyhows, my first few steps....

Finally spent a bit of cash on a bixler kit.

What i'm worried about is the motor that I have ordered. Its the turnigy 2836 2350. I have read earlier dicussion about the motor but it appears no one has tried it yet. I wonder why. is it no good? Will i be able to mount it with minor mods to the pod?

Your advice would be much appreciated.

bhavik
bhavikshah is offline Find More Posts by bhavikshah
Old Sep 28, 2011, 05:54 PM
Space is the answer
Australia, VIC, Warneet
Joined Mar 2011
368 Posts
Quote:

Thanks for the photos elequin, that nacelle is now great for trying different motors without too much trouble, a lot more thought has gone into the design of this one than the V1/2/Bix. I also think that the wing mounting method is good, very convinient.

Both V1/2 and the Bixler are outrunners, the innrunner is only a modification that many have made as they were not happy with the stock outrunner.

As a matter of interest what is the CG stated in the manual for this one?
Can you confirm who the manufacturer is, is it J-Power from China, someone else from China or a Czech manufacturer?
ozair is offline Find More Posts by ozair