Old Apr 26, 2010, 05:25 PM
The desert collection
Yuma AZ/Puyallup WA
Joined Jun 2006
764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairwolf View Post
Jack,

Sorry to hear that your wife became disassembled! Hope you get her re-assembled quickly!! Oh, and put that plane together, too while you're at it!! (ba-da-BOOM!!!)

Bob
Bob you're a scream, but don't quit your day job!

Jack
jpgcag is offline Find More Posts by jpgcag
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2010, 09:05 PM
I think it'll work this time!!
399 feet above Roanoke, VA
Joined Jan 2007
3,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Hmmmm.... I looked at UTube and it has been watched 32 times (1 is me). So, I think it is working. Did you try to go direct by just clicking on the title bar at the top of the video freeze frame? If not, I will repost it.
Oh, Did you try pavcon's reply in post #70. Can you click on it there and see it?
AJ
I got it, thanks. Gremlins on my end!
Chairwolf is offline Find More Posts by Chairwolf
Old Apr 28, 2010, 03:38 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
hahahaha
Do you have a SkyS yet? Have you ordered one? I am anxious to find out how you power setup works on the SkyS.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Apr 28, 2010, 04:26 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Do you have a SkyS yet? Have you ordered one? I am anxious to find out how you power setup works on the SkyS.
AJ
I'm even more anxious but the ARF is on backorder. I need ARF brushed version because I got everything else
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Apr 28, 2010, 09:01 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,071 Posts
We could be getting the Sky Surfer in the Uk soon. I have made enquiries and here is the result.

-----------------------------
Dear Malcolm,

As the Export Sales Department for J-POWER GROUP COMPANY, we thank you for your recent inquiry.

International sales for J-Power Group are handled through a network of authorized distributors and dealers. We are pleased to report that the following firm is handling the sales and distribution in your market:

J. Perkins Distribution, Ltd.
Northdown Business Park
Ashford Road
Lenham, Kent
ME17 2DL
United Kingdom

Phone: +44 1622 854 300
Fax: +44 1622 854 301
e-mail: jpmail@jpmodels.co.uk
URL: www.jperkinsdistribution.co.uk

Attention: Mr. Mike Perkins

However please note that J.PERKINS DISTRIBUTION would not have the SKY SURFER model available at the moment as this model has not yet been released. It is scheduled to be released in May 2010.

Please contact the above mentioned firm as they can direct you to a hobby shop near you, which carries the J-POWER products. If you should encounter any problem, please feel free to contact us via our website at www.hobby-exporter.com

Thank you again for your interest in J-POWER GROUP and the opportunity to have been of service.

Best regards,
INTERNATIONAL HOBBYCRAFT CO.

Andrea Valouskova (Ms)
Customer Service Manager

P.S. Please be sure to visit our website and click on the button at the top of the page labeled "SUPPLIERS REPRESENTED", to see a complete list of the manufacturers represented by INTERNATIONAL HOBBYCRAFT, together with a list of each of their international distributors. Thank you.

hobby-exporter.com
---------------------------------------------
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:40 PM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,275 Posts
OK guys, for being the sky surfer mod thread, there sure aint a whole lotta moddin goin on!!!! I was going to wait until aj posted some pics of the universal motor mount installed into a sky surfer and I also was going to wait to post pictures of my mods until I had my sky surfer completely assembled, but I decided to get this thread jump started

I started with a SkyS ARF with the Banana hobbies brushless upgrade. I haven't heard anything bad about the supplied brushless motor, but just in case I decided to swap out motors, The universal motor mount will have to be installed. Since this is the most involved part of the build/modifications, I decided to start here.

The factory supplied brushless motor presents a problem as the mounting screws for either the factory mount (see photos that aj has posted a few pages back) or to attach the motor to the universal motor mount would be buried into the narcell (as Gene likes to call it) and you wouldn't be able to remove them unless you cut the front portion of the narcell off. I wanted to retain the factory look as much as posible so cutting the front part of the narcelle off was out of the question. Using the universal motor mount also presents a bit of a problem also as the outside diameter is quite large.

Just so everyone knows, The universal motor mount is a pvc 1" to 1 1/4" flange adapter that I purchased in the plumbing dept at home depot.

To make things easier I'm going to post some pictures with captions to show how I overcame the problems presented with using the stock brushles and the universal motor mount.
antennahead is offline Find More Posts by antennahead
Last edited by antennahead; Apr 28, 2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 01:59 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
VERY SMART.. BUT impossible for us who don't have the tools to do it..
Old Apr 29, 2010, 07:32 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
Now we tie it all together. If you have any questions please post them on this thread.
That is GREAT!!! I am really impressed. That is not the way I had in mind. But, I like it a lot better than the way I plan. But, I am going to take the approach of doing it without using any of the dremelling. I have all the tools that you used and a unimat mill/lathe. However, I will be keeping in mind that not everyone has the tools that you and I have and I will try to make something (not as pretty as yours) that only uses common hobby tools. So, I know mine will not look a spiffy as yours; but, it will be fun to compare notes. Again, nicely done.
AJ
P.S. Right now, I have medical challenges that must be dealt with. I will try to get this project done as time/health permits.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 07:33 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
In all fairness, I think he just had a dremel with a sanding drum in the way of "special" tools. I would think that almost all of us would have one.
AJ
Old Apr 29, 2010, 09:01 PM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,275 Posts
Quote:
In all fairness, I think he just had a dremel with a sanding drum in the way of "special" tools. I would think that almost all of us would have one.
AJ
Yep the dremel , sanding drum and a rat tailed file is about the most exotic tools I own , Oh....I did use a hack saw too.

A dremel tool is almost a must have tool in this hobby
Old Apr 29, 2010, 09:07 PM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,275 Posts
Quote:
That is GREAT!!! I am really impressed. That is not the way I had in mind. But, I like it a lot better than the way I plan. But, I am going to take the approach of doing it without using any of the dremelling. I have all the tools that you used and a unimat mill/lathe. However, I will be keeping in mind that not everyone has the tools that you and I have and I will try to make something (not as pretty as yours) that only uses common hobby tools. So, I know mine will not look a spiffy as yours; but, it will be fun to compare notes. Again, nicely done.
AJ
P.S. Right now, I have medical challenges that must be dealt with. I will try to get this project done as time/health permits.
Thank you for the compliments aj, I'm sorry to hear of your heath conditions. I wish you the best in getting through a difficult time.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 09:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
the foam there is already not thick enough. I wouldn't trim the foam. I would go all the way the with PVC ,but, again with the dremel, you cannot be accurate enough so that you can center it and "eat" evenly the pvc.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 09:59 PM
I think it'll work this time!!
399 feet above Roanoke, VA
Joined Jan 2007
3,444 Posts
Quote:
The dremel is a "must-have" tool, even for non-hobbyists. There are no-name knock-offs out there too, which do the same job.

Very handy! Great use of it too, Antenna!

edit - AJ, I/we wish you the best! Please keep us posted. Nothing serious, I hope.

Bob
Chairwolf is offline Find More Posts by Chairwolf