HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2011, 07:52 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr View Post
Ahhh so you are one of the ones that do NOT understand binary.
Tell him 00100.
(Or show him)

StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2011, 07:56 AM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
Oh yes it is good entertainment at times.
I just had a PM accusing me of calling a party rude. I SAID THAT THE MESSAGE WAS A BIT RUDE. NOT THE PARTY PERSON.
Jeff says you are a party animal. He took this pic of you returning home this morning.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:16 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
5,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500gene View Post
jeff says you are a party animal. He took this pic of you returning home this morning.
What th........
Dad???!!!???
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:32 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
5,081 Posts
Hey guys....let me break up all this mirth & merriment for a moment with a serial question.

It's one of those just flat out GRAY days here. Rained off & on last night, promised for today....air's super-loaded with moisture & dew point's so close to the temperature you could swing your hand hard & get a contrail. I'd post a picture but it'd just be.....well, GRAY. You've all seen 'em, I'm sure.

I don't know the fine inner-workings of these electric motors & all that fine circuitry in there along with, but the question is, is it safe, gearwise, to fly in this kind'a atmosphere? I'd think the generated heat might help evaporate at least some of the moisture, but then there's condensation, all that rot. Besides the electricals, there's mechanical considerations....eg bearings. What's the conventional wisdom here?

I'm wondering if it's worth getting ready to go out to the field this afternoon.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:35 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
5,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozair View Post
This is such a great thread to participate in because on top of all the valuable information and knowledge one acquires you also get great entertainment value from the likes of Gene, FP and others.
(This is what happens when you've finally got the plane all figured out, & no noobs to screw with.)
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:37 AM
Space is the answer
Australia, VIC, Warneet
Joined Mar 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
Hey guys....let me break up all this mirth & merriment for a moment with a serial question.

It's one of those just flat out GRAY days here. Rained off & on last night, promised for today....air's super-loaded with moisture & dew point's so close to the temperature you could swing your hand hard & get a contrail. I'd post a picture but it'd just be.....well, GRAY. You've all seen 'em, I'm sure.

I don't know the fine inner-workings of these electric motors & all that fine circuitry in there along with, but the question is, is it safe, gearwise, to fly in this kind'a atmosphere? I'd think the generated heat might help evaporate at least some of the moisture, but then there's condensation, all that rot. Besides the electricals, there's mechanical considerations....eg bearings. What's the conventional wisdom here?

I'm wondering if it's worth getting ready to go out to the field this afternoon.
SH, dont even think about all that, just get to the field ASAP
ozair is offline Find More Posts by ozair
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:38 AM
Space is the answer
Australia, VIC, Warneet
Joined Mar 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Jeff says you are a party animal. He took this pic of you returning home this morning.
Gene, you've surpassed yourself with this one.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:39 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,424 Posts
Quote:

SH44.

You are quite the thinker. Worry not except for visibility. Yellow tinted shooting glasses do wonders for visibility.

Bill
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A123 2S 2500 mah wiring diagram
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:46 AM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
682 Posts
job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Flyer View Post
I got my Banana Hobby SkySurfer for Christmas and decided to start doing some upgrades during the winter after being inspired from posts on this site. My first plane was a Hobbyzone Champ last year and I am really loving this hobby. I hope I don't screw this up seeing that its my first mod ever. Thought I would share my upgrades with you. I started with upgrading the motor to a Turnigy 2835-2200. This should allow me to easily remove the motor with a screwdriver through the hole on the front. I shouldn't ever having to split the fuselage open again.

Sky Surfer Motor Upgrade Supplies:
HXT 2838 (380S) 2200 KV Brushless Inrunner HobbyKing # HXT2835-2200
BL Motor Mount 28 mm HobbyKing # GWEMM28TS
Shaft Adaptor for 3.175 mm motor shaft HobbyKing # JY3.175
APC 6 x 4 EP Pusher Prop # LP 06040EP (from local hobbyshop)
5 Min Epoxy

Break off the tabs on the side of the GWS motor mount as they are not needed. Sand the motor mount lightly so that the 5 minute epoxy sticks better. Install the prop and wrap the motor with wax paper to prevent it from sticking to the plane later when glueing it in (it is removed later). Mount the motor into the GWS motor mount using the screws that came with the motor mount. Align the assembly in the fuselage half and make sure the prop clears the fuselage before cutting out the notch on the plane. Carefully align the other half of the fuselage, mark with a pen and cut out notch. Double check for good fit and trim foam as needed. Glue motor assembly into one of the fuselage halves. Make sure you use 5 min epoxy so you can hold the motor assembly in place straight while it dries.

I used a pusher prop rather than reversing a regular prop. This allows the motor to spin counter clockwise when viewed from the back of plane thus preventing the nut of the shaft adaptor from coming loose during flight.

Just making it up as I go along. Hopefully it will fly in the spring.

See My Blog for Other Sky Surfer Ideas

Attachment 3814725 Attachment 3814721 Attachment 3814724 Attachment 3814722
Attachment 3814723
Very Nice Job !
GassPasser is offline Find More Posts by GassPasser
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:59 AM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
Oh yes it is good entertainment at times.
I just had a PM accusing me of calling a party rude. I SAID THAT THE MESSAGE WAS A BIT RUDE. NOT THE PARTY PERSON.
The pm was from me. My binary post was neither funny nor rude in any way. If you cannot read binary fine but don't call me names. Pm's are called that for a reason, they are supposed to be private. I was addressing the issue in private and now you have brought it out in a public forum. I even said please in the pm.
In fact, here is the pm since you cannot adhere to the concept of 'Private'. I was keeping it private for a reason.

Quote:
Please don't accuse me of being rude. You obviously have no clue what I said!
If you cannot read binary allow me to translate. This is what my 'funny' and 'rude' message said -
Quote:
Binary? you mean like this?
Funny? no
Rude? no

Enough on the topic. Move along. Nothing to see here.
jrjr is online now Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Sep 25, 2011, 09:33 AM
Space is the answer
Australia, VIC, Warneet
Joined Mar 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
The pm was from me. My binary post was neither funny nor rude in any way. If you cannot read binary fine but don't call me names. Pm's are called that for a reason, they are supposed to be private. I was addressing the issue in private and now you have brought it out in a public forum. I even said please in the pm.
In fact, here is the pm since you cannot adhere to the concept of 'Private'. I was keeping it private for a reason.

If you cannot read binary allow me to translate. This is what my 'funny' and 'rude' message said -

Funny? no
Rude? no

Enough on the topic. Move along. Nothing to see here.
Maybe in future you shouln't post in binary. That way people like Flypoppa and others (myself included) that have problems reading binary will not misread or misinterpret what it is exactly that you are saying.

Come on jrjr where is your sense of humour?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 09:37 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
5,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozair View Post
SH, dont even think about all that, just get to the field ASAP
Can't. Church nearby -- club rules: No Sunday Flying Before 13:00. City ordinance, too.
Besides that, I've got a FEMA Assessor coming by today (Sunday of all days), "somewhere between 1 and 3", to survey my home damage from Irene. If I don't get some assistance (my Homeowners deductible was a real kick in the crotch), I won't be able to afford leaving my yard, or eating, for 2-3 months at least....so gotta make that appointment!

Never a dull moment....th' hits just keep onnnn a-comin'.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2011, 09:39 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,093 Posts
Will you lot stop sending me PMs as you seem to agree with me it was in jest that I posted that reply. As jrjr said... Move along.
Did I mention my answer to the short motor wires on the original Bixler motors?
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2011, 09:42 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
5,081 Posts
Quote:
The pm was from me. My binary post was neither funny nor rude in any way. ...Enough on the topic. Move along. Nothing to see here.
Woahferaminnit, JJ. Can't speak for him, but I took it as him gag-ribbing ya.
After all, don't we all luv one another here?
(Well.....then there's you-know-who....starts with a 'G', ends with a 'ene'.)
(Which is how 'enema' starts. Can't be sheer coincidence.)
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2011, 09:49 AM
Space is the answer
Australia, VIC, Warneet
Joined Mar 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Can't. Church nearby -- club rules: No Sunday Flying Before 13:00. City ordinance, too.
Besides that, I've got a FEMA Assessor coming by today (Sunday of all days), "somewhere between 1 and 3", to survey my home damage from Irene. If I don't get some assistance (my Homeowners deductible was a real kick in the crotch), I won't be able to afford leaving my yard, or eating, for 2-3 months at least....so gotta make that appointment!

Never a dull moment....th' hits just keep onnnn a-comin'.
Oh well, we cant always have what we want.

Anyway I hope that all the FEMA stuff goes well for you and get deserved compensation, it looks like your going through a bit of a bad patch but hang in there and I hope it all works out well in the end.