HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2011, 08:23 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westwood View Post
A nice, scenic flight. That burst of power when you saw she was headed for the trees brought a smile -- like, a different kind of 'OS Moment'.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2011, 08:34 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
5,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokulele808 View Post
Sorry, meant to say left rudder.
Not just for you, but others who've inadvertantly erred as well -- a kind suggestion?
We do have an 'edit' feature for our posts, wherein you can go back and correct your original posts. Just put yourself in the place of a reader who comes along later & reads the erroneous statement - and takes some action based on what he's read, before getting to the later & separately-posted correction. Had this happen to me once before (not here).....it produced a fairly expensive repair, and could have endangered others had anyone been nearby.

We've had another who's posted recently - a noob who obviously didn't know what he was talking about - that said so many wrong things it kind've boggled the mind as where to start. Thankfully others quickly jumped in & showed him the error of his ways! *LOL*

Anyway....just sayin'. Please? Word to the wise?
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2011, 08:39 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Aug 2011
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
....We've had another who's posted recently - a noob who obviously didn't know what he was talking about - that said so many wrong things it kind've boggled the mind as where to start....
What did I do wrong now? (jk)
guroos is offline Find More Posts by guroos
Old Sep 14, 2011, 09:16 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
5,408 Posts
Version 3 clues

FWIW, in the 'Banana Hobby Video Contest Winners Announced' video, Banana Pete mentions some things about the SS V3 (it was the prize for 3rd place):
Banana Hobby Video Contest Winners Announced! (5 min 56 sec)

"...clear canopy, with the predigers on the inside with the flipflops going to the inside..." ( I can't understand WTH he's sayin' ) - comes at the 2:15 mark if you wanta give it a shot, maybe translate or sump'n.
(Da bwah needs t' larn howta speak South'n!)
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2011, 09:24 AM
SARG5
10 Miles north of Russell, Ks. on US281 hy
Joined Oct 2009
655 Posts
SARG5 here.
1. will turn to the right , under power or in glide .
2. With full left trim, will correct the right turn under power or in glide
3. Ailerons. YES, the right aileron did not line up with trainlin edge on one side. that is not corrected with blade.
4. DARN The Tail fathers setting. I remember reading way back thread that this was a problem. I forgot to check this one. NOW FOR THE WORK. I put a lot of glue into this area during construction. WILL BE HARD TO CORRECT.
5. Now , all being said. Again, when I have everything centered, then go full LEFT with rudder trim. The plane will fly nice and lever, under power or glideing.
NOTE;
On a quick power up, I only get a little down thrust. If I power up slow power up
will not get much if any down thrust.
6. LAST QUESTION
What If, I do a slight OFF SET of the motor with washers, ?? To the right?? whis should pick the right wing up. BUT, Now that I say that. Would not help in ghe glide.

thanks everyone
SARG5
SARG5 is offline Find More Posts by SARG5
Old Sep 14, 2011, 09:28 AM
SARG5
Joined Oct 2009
655 Posts
SARG5
Darn, I need to watch my SPELLIAIFHAFNG and gramalaueer more.
sorry folks. I get in a hurry and do not check before hitting the SEND.

sarg5
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:29 AM
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westwood View Post
Someplace I recognize! But I wouldn't have been skimming that close to the edges of the air. Darn near bent the arms of my chair trying to avoid some of those obstacles!

Gord
Gordks is offline Find More Posts by Gordks
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:25 PM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2007
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
SARG;
With reference to all your commentary re roll tendency; don't know if this will be any help but something to check....along with how my problem was cured:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7393

And a picture worth the thousand words:
And a video is worth 1000 pictures? I'm dense. Do you have any more pictures/diagrams/videos of what you did? Most of my early planes have this problem, especially foamies. Thanks
Reegor is offline Find More Posts by Reegor
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:29 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
5,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARG5 View Post
SARG5 here.
1. will turn to the right , under power or in glide .
2. With full left trim, will correct the right turn under power or in glide
3. Ailerons. YES, the right aileron did not line up with trainlin edge on one side. that is not corrected with blade.
4. DARN The Tail fathers setting. I remember reading way back thread that this was a problem. I forgot to check this one. NOW FOR THE WORK. I put a lot of glue into this area during construction. WILL BE HARD TO CORRECT.
5. Now , all being said. Again, when I have everything centered, then go full LEFT with rudder trim. The plane will fly nice and lever, under power or glideing.
NOTE;
On a quick power up, I only get a little down thrust. If I power up slow power up
will not get much if any down thrust.
6. LAST QUESTION
What If, I do a slight OFF SET of the motor with washers, ?? To the right?? whis should pick the right wing up. BUT, Now that I say that. Would not help in ghe glide.

thanks everyone
SARG5
Quickest & least painless solution I see, dial in a little left rudder with your cleavis (2-3 half-turns, try; adjust more if needed....trial-&-error sequence)
Won't cost anything to try, & you won't have to break anything loose & re-glue.

Same method to get your right aileron to line up correctly. If you can get 'er all dialed in that way, at least you get your centered trims on the Tx back.
Make sense?
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:39 PM
SARG5
Joined Oct 2009
655 Posts
Thank you REEGER
I knew that this had came up someplace. I had just forgot where.
Do not know how much off in degree. But with ruler it is 3/8 in low on the RIGHT SIDE.
Am quite sure this will make her roll to the right.
WILL GET TO WORK.
SARG5
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:50 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
5,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reegor View Post
And a video is worth 1000 pictures? I'm dense. Do you have any more pictures/diagrams/videos of what you did? Most of my early planes have this problem, especially foamies. Thanks
Only videos I've got just show the results - the Bix flyin' sweet.

In my case, since the empennage was CA'd in, we had to break it loose - breaking the forward lug in the process. Epoxied that back in place prior to re-installing everything. The action itself was to literally slice off (thin slices) the top of the surface the arrow points exactly to in the pic. Click the (+) enlarge button (li'l magnifying glass with + inside) and get the full view. It's the surface that the horizontal stabilizer lays upon when assembled - should be easy to visualize how if that is higher than the same surface on the left, the h.stab will be higher on the right, hence canted left.

Disconnected the rudder & elevator cleavises - completely removed the vertical & horizontal stabilizer assembly (empennage). Using a new single-edge 'Pal' razor blade (SHARP!!), we sliced off a thin slice of the foam, (where the arrow points to) 'eyeballing' it, set the empennage back on & viewing from the rear, looked at how H.Stab lined up with the wings. First try was still a little high - took off another thin slice, re-tried & bingo. Mixed up the 5-minute epoxy, fixed that front lug, applied the rest to the mating surfaces of the fuselage & empennage & pressed everything back together....you can see a li'l epoxy that squeezed out of the joint in the pic.

Can't make it much plainer than that!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2011, 01:03 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
5,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARG5 View Post
Thank you REEGER
I knew that this had came up someplace. I had just forgot where.
Do not know how much off in degree. But with ruler it is 3/8 in low on the RIGHT SIDE.
Am quite sure this will make her roll to the right.
WILL GET TO WORK.
SARG5

Uuhhhhhhhhhh.........
Oh, nevermind.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2011, 01:08 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
5,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Very nice videos and enjoyable. Well done.
Wow. That's almost a compliment.
You feeling alright?

Inhaled any gnats lately??
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2011, 02:38 PM
Registered Noob
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined May 2011
316 Posts
Dynam Hawk Sky motor good enough? 2300kv + 5x5

Hi All,

I have a bixler kit in box. A while back I got a deal on a couple of hawk sky motor replacement kits (bell style 2810 2300kv motor + 5x5 prop). From what I've seen, the hawk sky weighs about the same as the Bixler (600g or so). I can't find any other specs, including amps/watts.

Will this motor + prop + mount work for the Bixler?

Here's the combo, was on sale for $8 when I bought 2:
http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-hawk00...10-kv2300.html

Still going through the thread, great info!

thanks!
protocol is online now Find More Posts by protocol
Last edited by protocol; Sep 14, 2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 03:44 PM
SARG5
Joined Oct 2009
655 Posts
got"er"done!!!

Cut under the left sided of tail fethars, below the hoz. fin. Cut a little on the right side to take off the pressure. Lined up very nece. Got everything lined up and put the glue to her. Looks great. Did not take long.
Thanks for the help.
Now, Will see how well it takes to the KANSAS WIND.
SARG5

UuHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ????????