HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2011, 07:01 PM
flyvertigo
Orlando FL
Joined Aug 2009
455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
Did you try narrowing the throttle input range (PWM)?
My 109's default is 1.2-1.8ms; I haven't changed that but perhaps you could shut off the lower end by raising to 1.3, if it allows that.
I might be way off base....just a shot in the dark but sounds logical & won't hurt to try.
On mine it's in 4th menu, FWIW.
You may have something there....worth a look.

thanks,
Jim
flyvertigo is online now Find More Posts by flyvertigo
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2011, 07:12 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
Did you try narrowing the throttle input range (PWM)?
My 109's default is 1.2-1.8ms; I haven't changed that but perhaps you could shut off the lower end by raising to 1.3, if it allows that.
I might be way off base....just a shot in the dark but sounds logical & won't hurt to try.
On mine it's in 4th menu, FWIW.
Now that sounds interesting.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Sep 06, 2011, 07:29 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyvertigo View Post
Something is wrong with the idle but it works fine once it is moved from idle.

Jim
Jim,

Have you tried setting throttle range?

Go to page four of the Hobbywing manual I attached -- Throttle Range.

Bill
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A123 2S 2500 mah wiring diagram
Old Sep 06, 2011, 08:03 PM
flyvertigo
Orlando FL
Joined Aug 2009
455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Jim,

Have you tried setting throttle range?

Go to page four of the Hobbywing manual I attached -- Throttle Range.

Bill
I will do that. I'm going to have to wait till the weekend.
I don't want to give up on the ESC yet.

Jim
flyvertigo is online now Find More Posts by flyvertigo
Last edited by flyvertigo; Sep 06, 2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old Sep 06, 2011, 08:22 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,424 Posts
Quote:

Jim
Don't give up on the ESC. Any time I get a odd throttle range with a new ESC I perform the throttle range calibration. I run Hobbywing ESCs all the time.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2011, 08:37 PM
Joined Sep 2011
3 Posts
help !!! im new to Rc world and i cant get my HK6df to bind? any help would be greatly appreciated. there my be something wrong with my receiver. i found a video on youtube of a guy setting up his but it was in Spanish. any ways mine does every thing his does but the receiver does not make any sound when powered up? maybe its bad. his looks exactly the same as mine.
0000jamie0000 is offline Find More Posts by 0000jamie0000
Old Sep 06, 2011, 08:43 PM
Joined Sep 2011
3 Posts
help if you dont mind i just bout the HK6df Tx and Rx hey is the receiver supposed to make sound when you power it up? i cant get mine to bind it will blink and when you hold the buttin on the tX and power it on the light stopes blinking on the Rx and when i pull the bind wire out the light does not come back on????
0000jamie0000 is offline Find More Posts by 0000jamie0000
Old Sep 06, 2011, 08:56 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0000jamie0000 View Post
help if you dont mind i just bout the HK6df Tx and Rx hey is the receiver supposed to make sound when you power it up? i cant get mine to bind it will blink and when you hold the buttin on the tX and power it on the light stopes blinking on the Rx and when i pull the bind wire out the light does not come back on????
This happens all the time. It is usually caused by the ESC being plugged in backward into the receiver, throttle is reversed, or throttle trim at idle it set too high.

Did you bind the receiver to the TX?
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2011, 09:39 PM
Joined Jan 2007
2,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
I won't pay a dime over 13 bucks.
I just pulled mine out of my RTF. I'll sell you both for $20. That's a savings of $6 for both!
healthyfatboy is offline Find More Posts by healthyfatboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 07, 2011, 01:40 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0000jamie0000 View Post
Didn't you get an Owner's Manual with your HK6DF? The bind instructions are printed on the back of its 1-sheet.

I posted the bind instructions several days ago for someone who asked, and at his request I made him a copy. Since then, I found the manual is posted under the Files tab on HK's product page for the HK6DF. Here's a link....be sure you follow it to the letter (with one exception), and it should work.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...5X88665X37.pdf

That exception: on step 4 where it reads "Holding the bind switch in the up position now switch on the transmitter" should read "While PRESSING the bind button, switch on the transmitter".

Those instructions also tell you what indicators signal each step's responses, so you'll know you're proceeding correctly.

One additional thing, in case you don't know where to connect the bind plug -- it goes into the Rx socket with only 2 pins -- which is farthest away (opposite end) from the #1 socket.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 07, 2011, 01:43 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
5,081 Posts
Quote:

Jim
OR....you could try setting the throttle range!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 07, 2011, 01:56 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
5,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
+1. You said it better than I could have. Well done. In fact, I have been meaning to compliment you on your many fine posts with excellent suggestions. You are definitely the most ambitious and positive person on the thread IMO. I do have a suggestion for you, though. Please consider putting all you fine suggestions in your own blog and label it as specifically for the Bix/SkyS. You have so many great ideas that I (for one) would like to see you post them in one place and refer to your blog here. I would not take any offense to you doing that and it would help a LOT of folks that read the thread. Thanks for your consideration and keep up the great work.
AJ
Oh Gawrsh!!! I just blushed all over m'self!!
Thanks for your kind words, AJ....but I'm basically just returning the favor and giving back things you great bunch of guys either gave me, or I found somewhere because of your stimulation of my interest. Yes, I'll confess I'm excited by this li'l plane & the portal it's provided into this exciting world, and I guess it shows. I just hope (as I sometimes worry) I'm not having TOO much to say, & that some don't feel like I'm hogging too much page space.
Most of my input is based on spontaniety....someone writes something & it makes me think of a fitting response, and I reply. I'm afraid even with my writing experience, I don't have much of an idea as to how a blog should be organized....no editors around to help with that *LOL*. Let me think about it and, I'll likely PM you for further discussion. That good?
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 07, 2011, 02:53 AM
Joined Jun 2011
61 Posts
Hi guys

Can someone tell me if the HK medium CA glue is ok to be used on the Bixler?
captainstack is offline Find More Posts by captainstack
Old Sep 07, 2011, 06:29 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8 Posts
hot glue gun

Hi,
total newbie here, I just bought a Bixler and forgot to buy glue, can i use a hot glue gun to glue on tail, control horns etc on epp foam? as i already have one.

Sorry if it has all been asked before...
andybris is offline Find More Posts by andybris
Old Sep 07, 2011, 06:33 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybris View Post
Hi,
total newbie here, I just bought a Bixler and forgot to buy glue, can i use a hot glue gun to glue on tail, control horns etc on epp foam? as i already have one.

Sorry if it has all been asked before...
Sure, hot glue (low to medium temp) will work fine. However, it is as heavy as epoxy.
RCG Plus Member