SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:13 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Did you mean "can't"? Someone might misunderstand.
AJ

AJ,
Yes, I fixed it.
Bill
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A123 2S 2500 mah wiring diagram
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2011, 12:44 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
AJ,
Yes, I fixed it.
Bill
I will cancel my post. I should have made a PM. Sorry, my bad.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Last edited by ajbaker; Jan 29, 2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 03:29 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
I will cancel my post. I should have made a PM. Sorry, my bad.
AJ
AJ,

No need, I was just speed typing and my brain was not fully engaged with my fingers. Thanks for the reminder. I have to remember to proof before posting.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2011, 03:57 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
AJ,

No need, I was just speed typing and my brain was not fully engaged with my fingers. Thanks for the reminder. I have to remember to proof before posting.

Bill
Give him 20 lashes Bill.

I was just thinking... If you're the Professor and since I look like the Skipper, that would make aj Gilligan.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Jan 29, 2011, 04:18 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Give him 20 lashes Bill.

I was just thinking... If you're the Professor and since I look like the Skipper, that would make aj Gilligan.
But who is Thurston Howell III?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2011, 04:31 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
But who is Thurston Howell III?
Somehow I picture Chuck in that role.(NFZ)..though he's not here. No matter, he'd probably want to be Ginger anyway.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 05:09 PM
Alabama
Joined Sep 2010
130 Posts
Quote:
If HK was to get more stock in their USA warehouse it would help us out more.
I have a few Hobby Partz bats also. They preform well.
HK's USA warehouse selection is getting better. I noticed just the other day that they finally have some Zippy batteries in stock! Shipping seems to be based on total mAh or something because it says "USPS Priority" which should be a flat rate for a box, but the shipping goes up, up, up as you add even some smaller batteries. Not sure what that is all about. But I am sure it will be much faster than Swiss Post at least I just got a box full of lipos from HK international and it took just over one month. Seemed to take forever to update the status once it made it to Zurich.
studawg66 is offline Find More Posts by studawg66
Old Jan 29, 2011, 05:45 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by studawg66 View Post
HK's USA warehouse selection is getting better. I noticed just the other day that they finally have some Zippy batteries in stock! Shipping seems to be based on total mAh or something because it says "USPS Priority" which should be a flat rate for a box, but the shipping goes up, up, up as you add even some smaller batteries. Not sure what that is all about. But I am sure it will be much faster than Swiss Post at least I just got a box full of lipos from HK international and it took just over one month. Seemed to take forever to update the status once it made it to Zurich.
I just noticed the USA warehouse is getting some more stuff. About time. Found this link on another thread.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/US.asp

I never get good tracking from HK. It just kinda sits in international dispatch until it gets to my house.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 09:12 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
I'm moving to Zurich.

Quote:
I just noticed the USA warehouse is getting some more stuff. About time. Found this link on another thread.

I never get good tracking from HK. It just kinda sits in international dispatch until it gets to my house.
That is what happened to my last order. It was almost two months of postings that reflected that it got to Zurich. Then, one day, it arrived at my doorstep and about 12 updates appeared in less than 5 minutes. Odd. Very odd.
Gilligan - That's not funny.
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Jan 29, 2011, 09:26 PM
United States, AK, McKinley Park
Joined Dec 2010
184 Posts
Camera Mount on Nose Mod

I went with the quick and dirty (aerodynamically) method for mounting my camera on the nose. It leaves just enough nose in front of the camera for bumper protection.

Basically, all I did was make a cut in the foam for 2 lengths of 3/8" square hardware dowel for a solid platform for the camera to sit on and be rubber-banded to. I hot glued the dowels into the slot in the foam. If you look closely at the photo you'll see popsickle sticks placed there to tilt the camera up. I can take them away if I want more down tilt. Kinda low tech, but easy and lightweight.

The camera is a Pentax OptioW60 which is a good all around outdoor 10 Mp point and shoot. It is waterproof and dustproof. The latest in this line is the W90 which now has 12 Mp and is advertised as "shockproof". The reason I went with this camera is the interval shooting feature (which most don't have). Fun for doing high quality time-lapse sequences. The low HD video (1280 X 720 pixels) is has a maximum capture rate of 15 fps, so unfortunately not the easiest to watch when the camera is moving fast. I'll post a short video from the new camera mount in the next post.

With the camera so far forward, I have to mount the battery way back in the fuse under the wings. I can't put anymore weight in front of the CG because i don't think i can reach to put the battery back any further. I was just doing this with my 3S 2200 mah...not sure if it will work now with the 1500 mah. Mmm....has anybody put a hatch further back in the fuse?

I was hoping to try my new roll control gyro (the Detrum GY48V) and "borg" camera for shooting still photos on demand today, but a very light mist was the frustrating inhibitor, too bad because the winds were so light.

Here is a thought for some discussion: I was thinking of eliminating the rudder on my SkyS. I'd like the additional channel for flaps since I have all the channels full now on my cheap 6 channel radio. I don't actually fly with rudder much, but want some more experienced pilots take on the question.

Here is the video I mentioned above:
012611EbeysHighlights (3 min 38 sec)
MtnSnowFlyer is offline Find More Posts by MtnSnowFlyer
Last edited by MtnSnowFlyer; Jan 30, 2011 at 02:01 AM. Reason: add about battery placement and CG problem.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:38 AM
*GRAVITY* I hate it :(
USA, CA, Downey
Joined Jan 2010
433 Posts
another link

Quote:

here is another link to HK planes & jets about half are USA warehouse there is 27 pages if you want the cheeper planes sort by weight than go to the back about page 24 and work your way toward page one thats the $250 planes
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...=W&LiPoConfig= Happy hunting
Sparken57 is offline Find More Posts by Sparken57
Old Jan 30, 2011, 03:16 AM
Thrust/Drag/Lift/Weight
Simi Valley, CA
Joined Jan 2011
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4JC View Post
My SkyS came with the MC4DF transmiter. It didn't come with manual on the transmiter operations.

What is the expected operating battery life using Alkaline batteries? Is there any low battery warning on the transmitter? Will the green LED blink or turn to different color when battery is low? Don't want to have Tx stop working while in flight!

Still running on my 1st set of batteries, got about 4 hours total flight time on it, and battery is in the middle of "Good" from a battery meter.

Also, what is that external socket on the right side? Power plug? or charger when using rechargable batteries?
Answering my own question: Transmitter low battery warning - the green solid LED turns blinking red. Battery life lasted from mid Dec to end of Jan, flown every weekend of 2 to 3 hours.
N4JC is offline Find More Posts by N4JC
Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:12 PM
Columbus, GA
Joined Oct 2010
65 Posts
From this morning

Sky Surfer Aerial Footage (9 min 46 sec)
D0Z3R is offline Find More Posts by D0Z3R
Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:57 PM
Not Again !!
Texas
Joined Dec 2006
162 Posts
I got to do the the test flight will all my FPV gear on it and although it seems heavy for it's size it handled it extremely well very impressed . I was invited to Gymon Oklahoma about a hour north of me . I did some flight video but was nothing great. I did a couple snap shots to share . Wind was from the north 15 to 25 . I will be redoing the way my camera is mounted . I am going to try and do a hatch like mentioned I had to put my 2200 pack back in fuse to balance . Overall it is a GREAT Little plane !!!!
Here are a few pictures .
FredS is offline Find More Posts by FredS