SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:30 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgcag View Post
Thanks Bill. I've got my fingers crossed it will show up sometime?

Jack
Jack,

It will show up and this time it will be boxed properly.

Bill
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:49 PM
San Jose,California
Joined Nov 2010
39 Posts
video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Just a thought on keeping you pretty new gear intact should a mishap occur.

Regarding videos. I fly at RC club with giant scale planes and turbine jets. The pattern is pretty big so when I fly I have to fly that similar pattern or risk becoming foam packing material. The hat cam video becomes a "dot in the sky" video capture of my plane. I still need to learn to cut out ALL of those scenes. I bought a $40 video editor (Video Pad) that allows cropping and zooming in the dot that's the plane. The downside is the image is pixelated. It's better than a dot in the sky.
Bill

Bill

I used Windows Movie Maker to make the videos that i posted here.
Windows Movie Maker is on my laptop,I think it is standard with windows XP.
I am to lazy to use my good video editor.
If you have an XP computer try it,it is user friendly.

Ralph
Commander Crash is offline Find More Posts by Commander Crash
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:57 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Crash View Post
Bill

I used Windows Movie Maker to make the videos that i posted here.
Windows Movie Maker is on my laptop,I think it is standard with windows XP.
I am to lazy to use my good video editor.
If you have an XP computer try it,it is user friendly.

Ralph
I use have XP and Windows 7. Both have Windows Moviemaker. Its downside is it renders files that are usually much larger and it degrades video. I have Video Pad editor and Corel Pro which both work well. Adobe Premiere Elements is on my XP but it's another program that takes forever to render a video and it seems to only like making large files.

There are other freeware editors that do a good job too. My preference is to clip out what I don't want and save the native file. Even Google Picasa3 has a movimaker which allows text to be added for titles. It's free too.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2011, 04:14 PM
mmerry2 on Youtube
United States, MD
Joined Nov 2010
86 Posts
EDIT: Please disregard my comment please.
mike_m2 is offline Find More Posts by mike_m2
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:03 PM
Columbus, GA
Joined Oct 2010
65 Posts
I finall got my CF rods in the mail on Monday. I have everything ready to go. Rods in place new prop installed, aileron clevis fixed "with mini safety pins lol"

All I'm waiting on now is some good weather...
D0Z3R is offline Find More Posts by D0Z3R
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:31 PM
San Jose,California
Joined Nov 2010
39 Posts
bottom view

Here is a bottom view from a #3 camera.

SkyS Camera on bottom.wmv (0 min 59 sec)
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:34 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0Z3R View Post
I finall got my CF rods in the mail on Monday. I have everything ready to go. Rods in place new prop installed, aileron clevis fixed "with mini safety pins lol"

Best of luck on your flight.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:56 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Camera

Quote:
Here is a bottom view from a #3 camera.
Nice video. That #3 camera is the best <$20 camera I know of. It looks like you have a lot of roof tops to land on.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:18 PM
San Jose,California
Joined Nov 2010
39 Posts
good weather

This weekend is going to have good weather.
I will try to go as high as i can for a better view with the #3 camera.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:21 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0Z3R View Post

Strap on the video camera to your hat and take some video.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; Jan 19, 2011 at 12:39 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:52 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Dual Cams

Quote:
This weekend is going to have good weather.
I will try to go as high as i can for a better view with the #3 camera.
As cheap as the camera is nowadays, put one on your hat AND one on the plane.
AJ
Old Jan 19, 2011, 04:44 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Can you spell addiction

I just ordered a V2 from Bevrc. It was 77.99 total to my doorstep with EMS. That is $2.81 MORE than BH. But, given all the problems that we have had with BH, I decided to pay more money. Of course, it is my opinion that BH has a much superior packaging method than Bevrc. But, Bevrc says they now ship the plane as a box in a box (like BH). So, we shall see how it arrives. And BH is local vs Bevrc in China. It is just that I am so afraid of BH, I am taking the counter-intuitive method of ordering the plane. On the surface, I think everyone would choose BH over Bevrc. Ah well, I will keep everyone posted. So, now down to the real question. I just sold a V1 (with servos) to a member of this forum and I am turning around and buying a V2 for no reason other than to keep up with the V2 differences. That is a great excuse for what is really an addiction to RC stuff. Fortunately, I have a rich wife who loves me about $78 worth.
Btw- It seems that I could have made the same purchase from Bevrc for $70.49 total to my doorstep about 2 weeks ago.
My plan is to make this plane as light as I can. I won't put any LG on it and probably just a 1" strip of a plastic milk carton for a skid - a 1300mah LiPo 20C - and an SS 20A ESC to save a couple of grams. I will post my build as it happens. As all of you know, it takes about 1-2 hours to assemble the plane. I don't use the word the build because no custom fitting or building is necessary for this very well designed plane. I know Prof100 have a V1 and a V2 (both flying I think) and of course, I must keep up with the Joneses' as it were.
AJ
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:07 AM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Aug 2006
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
But, Bevrc says they now ship the plane as a box in a box (like BH). So, we shall see how it arrives.
AJ
Hi AJ, thanks a lot for your postings and wealth of information. I have ordered a Sky Surfer plus some CF rods from Bevrc just after Christmas (12/29) and it arrived yesterday (01/18) . It is packed as a box inside a box. Everything checked out OK. It is great to see that Bevrc has also shipped me a pilot inside the cockpit to fly this plane for me
I have been learning to fly heli in the last 3 years but I am totally new in flying a RC plane other than the 5 minutes I got from flying my friend's CloudFly after >30 hours on the sim.
It is too cold to do anything outside here in the Big White North. I will take my time to build this with a HXT2835 in-runner and reinforcement with CF rods. Hopefully this is not going to be too difficult for a beginner.
Michelangelo is offline Find More Posts by Michelangelo
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:57 AM
Joined Sep 2009
184 Posts
[QUOTE=ajbaker;17149124]I just ordered a V2 from Bevrc. It was 77.99 total to my doorstep with EMS. That is $2.81 MORE than BH. But, given all the problems that we have had with BH, I decided to pay more money.

Quick question AJ...Have you been able to find a spare "wing set" for the SS
somewhere other than BH?
I'd like to try a Sky Surfer wing on my new Wild Hawk fuse as you did.
harry
moon12 is offline Find More Posts by moon12
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:38 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Your information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
Hi AJ, thanks a lot for your postings and wealth of information. I have ordered a Sky Surfer plus some CF rods from Bevrc just after Christmas (12/29) and it arrived yesterday (01/18) . It is packed as a box inside a box. Everything checked out OK. It is great to see that Bevrc has also shipped me a pilot inside the cockpit to fly this plane for me
I have been learning to fly heli in the last 3 years but I am totally new in flying a RC plane other than the 5 minutes I got from flying my friend's CloudFly after >30 hours on the sim.
It is too cold to do anything outside here in the Big White North. I will take my time to build this with a HXT2835 in-runner and reinforcement with CF rods. Hopefully this is not going to be too difficult for a beginner.
That is EXACTLY the information that I was looking (and hoping) for. Box in a box and it arrived in perfect condition and it is a REAL V2 plane. Thank You. You have given me a big "WHEW, I will probably get the same thing" feeling and I appreciate it. Thanks again.
Unto your stuff - I hope you got the 2835-2200kv inrunner. That is the standard setup for the EZ* upgrade. Along with a 2200mah LiPo - 20C or better and a 6x4E APC prop with a Turnigy Plush (or Sentry) 30A ESC. I have all three of the 2835 motors and the next one up (the 2700kv) is just a bit much for this plane. I have used a LOT of motors on this plane and the best combo is the stock BL setup IMO and for my flying needs. If I wanted a bit more muscle, then the 2835-2200 is an excellent choice (again, IMO). This is one of those areas that have a great deal of "right" answers depending on each persons desires and needs. When you get done with yours, make sure and document your upgrade to share with all of us and take a couple of videos for all of us to enjoy.
AJ