HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2010, 01:10 PM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
Quote:
I changed my mind on the Tx/Rx, this Turnigy looks interesting and could be a good intro to programmable Tx.

Now I realise that there is a lot to think about when getting an ARF...Failure to miss an item will cost a lot in shipping to Europe .
1. Your servo extensions are Futaba and your Y cables are JR. They should probably be the same type. I think I use the JR connections with my Spektrum.
2. The servo extensions wire size is pretty small. I think the servo wire size is about #26. Those will probably work however. 40cm is plenty of length.

You will need a some medium CA, or at least that is what I used to glue the plane together. The Hobby King CA works well.
garymcc is offline Find More Posts by garymcc
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2010, 01:27 PM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
You generally don't ever get "glitches" on 2.4g (or on PCM). What you get are lockouts and reduced range before lockout.

I don't use 2.4g RC stuff so I don't have a vested interest like someone who owns Spektrum or Futaba on 2.4g, but the FPV threads (where range is very important) seem to indicate that Futaba has better range and does better in noisy envronments.

...and a friend's son in law finally got tired of the "within visual range" lockouts he was getting on his Spektrum radio and bought a Futaba because of advice he got at his club. I don't honestly know if this was a park flyer radio or not.

Cliff
theothercliff is online now Find More Posts by theothercliff
Old Dec 22, 2010, 02:16 PM
Joined Jul 2008
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
I'll sell you a DX6i $75
Does that include shipping to Europe?
yannc is offline Find More Posts by yannc
Old Dec 22, 2010, 02:23 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
lol yannc where are you from... ???
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Dec 22, 2010, 02:27 PM
Joined Jul 2008
187 Posts
Where the Guinness is from
Old Dec 22, 2010, 02:29 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
the beer???
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Dec 22, 2010, 02:32 PM
Joined Jul 2008
187 Posts
Yeap
Republic of Ireland.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:06 PM
Joined Jul 2008
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garymcc View Post
1. Your servo extensions are Futaba and your Y cables are JR. They should probably be the same type. I think I use the JR connections with my Spektrum.
2. The servo extensions wire size is pretty small. I think the servo wire size is about #26. Those will probably work however. 40cm is plenty of length.

You will need a some medium CA, or at least that is what I used to glue the plane together. The Hobby King CA works well.
I didn't know it was an issue to mix brands for servos leads, I'll correct that. I think one brand was in back order which is why I mixed. About the servos wire, are you talking about the elevator/rudder servo connection to the Rx?
Old Dec 22, 2010, 05:32 PM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yannc View Post
I didn't know it was an issue to mix brands for servos leads, I'll correct that. I think one brand was in back order which is why I mixed. About the servos wire, are you talking about the elevator/rudder servo connection to the Rx?
It may not be an issue to mix servo connector types, I have never tried it.

The servo extension wire sizes are typically #32, #26, #22 etc. The # indicates the size of the wire in each of the three servo extension wires. The larger the # the smaller the wires. Most servos, I believe, are built with wire that is #26. #32 is a smaller wire. I am not sure the smaller wire is an issue for these micro servos. I think I used #26 but I do not remember the size specifically. I am not an expert on this particular issue.
garymcc is offline Find More Posts by garymcc
Old Dec 22, 2010, 06:05 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,424 Posts
Servo leads

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannc View Post
Mixing servo leads is not an issue. If you have a futaba type lead, you have to cut off the key on the plug to fit in a JR plug. But, there are no electrical issues at all in park flyer type airplanes. Whatever you have is just fine.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Last edited by ajbaker; Dec 22, 2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 03:39 PM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2005
98 Posts
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays

As this year closes, I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays.

And I know all of you have been good so . . . Santa will be arriving not by sleigh . . . raindeer have been replace by electric powered . . . you guessed it, SkySurfer!!

Check out his all wx flyer!
Eagle-Eye is offline Find More Posts by Eagle-Eye
Last edited by Eagle-Eye; Feb 13, 2011 at 05:06 PM. Reason: too many http's in address and eggnog!
Old Dec 23, 2010, 04:14 PM
Columbus, GA
Joined Oct 2010
65 Posts
I got my SkyS today via UPS from banana hobby.

No damage to the box so that's a good thing.

It already go wrapped up and i can't open until Christmas Morning.

Man I can't wait.

Merry Christmas Everyone!
D0Z3R is offline Find More Posts by D0Z3R
Old Dec 23, 2010, 05:33 PM
Just Me
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Apr 2006
874 Posts
Well. it isn't a SS but it sure is pretty....Santa came a little early this year....

Merry Christmas and a very safe and sane New Year to all....
Brner is offline Find More Posts by Brner
Old Dec 23, 2010, 05:40 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,650 Posts
How about joining the SWARM for TGS 6x4 props. Swarm price is only $.48.

Here is the link:
http://www.hobbyking.com/SwarmSale.asp?id=66924
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2010, 05:42 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,424 Posts
Prop swarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
How about joining the SWARM for TGS 6x4 props. Swarm price is only $.48.

Here is the link:
http://www.hobbyking.com/SwarmSale.asp?id=66924
I joined to help you out.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker