HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2010, 02:23 PM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Spectrum radios are known to have problems. Look around for posts of Spectrum problems, lockouts and short range.

I don't have any 2.4g, but I would consider something else.

Cliff
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2010, 02:32 PM
Columbus, GA
Joined Oct 2010
65 Posts
I always thought that specktrum transmitters were some of the best on the market?
D0Z3R is offline Find More Posts by D0Z3R
Old Dec 21, 2010, 02:35 PM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0Z3R View Post
I always thought that specktrum transmitters were some of the best on the market?
I have half a dozen AR6100 rx and a DX7 and have had no problems with any of them in the two years I have owned them.
garymcc is offline Find More Posts by garymcc
Old Dec 21, 2010, 03:24 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
they are..just don't supply the Rx with 4 Ni-Mh batteries because at low voltage yo uwill have brown outs.. ofcourse personally I have never experienced any of these

there were also 2 batches of DX6i that had a software problem and they were loosing signal but they recalled them. of course their rivals took advatage of this but since they hav had no probs and JR for me are the best Txs out there.. I have a dx6i binded it to AR6200 AR500 the compatible orange 6channel with and without compatible satelite and spektrum satelite, and the compatible orange parkflyer..

never a single issue.. never a single glitch.. tomorrow I'm going at my LHS to buy the new DX8 no more memory on my DX6i for all the models.
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Dec 21, 2010, 03:37 PM
Joined Jul 2008
187 Posts
Thanks for all the suggestions garymcc, this is great. I love shopping on HK!
Do you know if these 2mm are provided with the control horn or should I get them separately? Maybe HK has them :-)

In regard to the radio, I don't know enough about them to argument but the dx6i seems to be a popular model and I need a universal tx. At the moment, I have 5 tx all coming from RTF plane and heli. Also, I could find some cheap receiver (orange) that works perfect with the dx6i.
yannc is offline Find More Posts by yannc
Old Dec 21, 2010, 05:13 PM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
Servo extensions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannc View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions garymcc, this is great. I love shopping on HK!
Do you know if these 2mm are provided with the control horn or should I get them separately? Maybe HK has them :-)

In regard to the radio, I don't know enough about them to argument but the dx6i seems to be a popular model and I need a universal tx. At the moment, I have 5 tx all coming from RTF plane and heli. Also, I could find some cheap receiver (orange) that would be perfect.
Sorry, I forgot about the two aileron servo extensions (about 34cm) and the Y servo cable for the ailerons.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 05:20 PM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
Quote:
never a single issue.. never a single glitch.. tomorrow I'm going at my LHS to buy the new DX8 no more memory on my DX6i for all the models.
Let us know about your experience with the DX8. I think there is a thread for it elsewhere.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 05:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
I know there is a thread about the DX8 but I've unsubscribed because I had too many subscriptions to follow.. I will subscribe again and see if anyone has used the orange RX with the orange Satelite. ofcourse I will test my self tomorrow after work
Old Dec 21, 2010, 05:34 PM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
DX8 book.

Someone has published a book on the DX8.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 05:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
I don't trust this book gary..How long has the dx8 been out?
who has so much experience to publish a book?
I think that the best book is here between us.. no one is affiliated to anybody and we post our experiences with pictures and videos..
tomorrow we will know about the orange rx.. I will let you know
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:58 PM
The desert collection
Yuma AZ/Puyallup WA
Joined Jun 2006
764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garymcc View Post
I have half a dozen AR6100 rx and a DX7 and have had no problems with any of them in the two years I have owned them.
Likewise for me also. When I first got it, I couldn't get it to range check according to manual. I sent it back to Horizon during which they installed some new software. I've had it going on two years and I've never had any kind of an issue. I've bought some of the "orange" RX's to try, they bound fine but I haven't put them in anything yet. I'm very happy with the DX7.

Jack
jpgcag is offline Find More Posts by jpgcag
Old Dec 22, 2010, 03:48 AM
Joined Jul 2008
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
Let me know if you are interested to sell the DX6i
Old Dec 22, 2010, 05:11 AM
Joined Jul 2008
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garymcc View Post
Sorry, I forgot about the two aileron servo extensions (about 34cm) and the Y servo cable for the ailerons.
Thanks for this. Do I need any extra stuff to replace the stock propellor by the GLS one?

My order so far (thanks again for the help!):

I changed my mind on the Tx/Rx, this Turnigy looks interesting and could be a good intro to programmable Tx.

Now I realise that there is a lot to think about when getting an ARF...Failure to miss an item will cost a lot in shipping to Europe .
Last edited by yannc; Dec 22, 2010 at 07:26 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yannc View Post
Let me know if you are interested to sell the DX6i
I was thinking about selling it but it doesn't worth doing so.. it'sa very good Tx..
If I were you I would buy a Tx only and buy lots of orange Rxs with their satelites from hobbyking for the third of a price of a spektrum... Ive flow them with the DX6i and I can tell you this.. They got more range than the originals.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:58 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,851 Posts
I'll sell you a DX6i $75
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123