Old Dec 06, 2010, 10:13 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Packaging your documentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
Thank you very much. Much appreciate your comments.
Have you received any of my private e-mails?
I don't know. Is your email addy Eagle-Eye@ something? Or, do you mean a PM?
I am just now putting your stuff together in one post for everyone to see your great work.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2010, 10:19 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Sky Surfer(s) Carrying Stand (From Page #1)

Hi All -
EAGLE-EYE made a great contribution with his design and build of a carrier for the SkyS. The pictures and video were in a few different places. So, I grabbed them all and copied them here. Please make sure and watch the movie. It gets right down to the DIY procedure and parts list. Here is the MOVIE:
http://Aerial-Eye.smugmug.com/galler...424_yYPAF-A-LB
I am only the assembler of this information and documentation. 100% of the credit belongs to Eagle-Eye. If you like it, please send him your thoughts.
AJ
Last edited by ajbaker; Dec 06, 2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old Dec 07, 2010, 09:34 AM
Joined Nov 2009
719 Posts
Its arrived

finally i received my SS today, one of the wing tip is cracked but hanged by the sticker, which version is it ?????????
mastmalang70 is offline Find More Posts by mastmalang70
Old Dec 07, 2010, 09:52 AM
Alabama
Joined Sep 2010
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastmalang70 View Post
finally i received my SS today, one of the wing tip is cracked but hanged by the sticker, which version is it ?????????
The black canopy and exterior pushrods means you have a V1. I don't think BH has sold any V2 yet. Only BEVRC sold the V2 as far as I know.
studawg66 is offline Find More Posts by studawg66
Old Dec 07, 2010, 09:56 AM
Joined Nov 2009
719 Posts
fuselage feels very flimsy ,hope it will take the maiden crashes
Old Dec 07, 2010, 10:39 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,369 Posts
Quote:
fuselage feels very flimsy ,hope it will take the maiden crashes
Add some CF to the bottom. 3mm will do. There is a nice slot it will fit into beautifully. Once glued together, it will stiffen right up. If anything, the nose is vulnerable to crashes (like any plane). Barrel wrapping with Xtreme 3M tape does wonders for the nose.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2010, 11:07 AM
Joined Nov 2009
719 Posts
how about using flat carbon profile from nose till tail

http://www.bw-design.be/shop/product...t-10x5x1000mm/

one for each halve and under the fuselage and same for the wings reinforcement

any advice thanks
Old Dec 07, 2010, 11:37 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,369 Posts
Quote:

any advice thanks
You can, but the flat only stiffens in one axis. Round does so in all angles of deflection.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2010, 11:42 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
My .02 worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Add some CF to the bottom. 3mm will do. There is a nice slot it will fit into beautifully. Once glued together, it will stiffen right up. If anything, the nose is vulnerable to crashes (like any plane). Barrel wrapping with Xtreme 3M tape does wonders for the nose.
Quote:

any advice thanks
IMO, both will work just fine. For my .02 worth, I used a 4mm on the bottom. I am sure one of three above is the strongest. But, that is for the high-techy guys. Using nothing is a little too risky for me and I don't crash very often. Also, you guys might consider using THIS on the nose for a bit more room and strength. I bought 5 of them just to try on various planes.
AJ
Old Dec 07, 2010, 11:46 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
IMO, both will work just fine. For my .02 worth, I used a 4mm on the bottom. I am sure one of three above is the strongest. But, that is for the high-techy guys. Using nothing is a little too risky for me and I don't crash very often. Also, you guys might consider using THIS on the nose for a bit more room and strength. I bought 5 of them just to try on various planes.
AJ
AJ,

Right on, anything is better than nothing.

Let us know how the helicopter canopy works.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2010, 11:53 AM
Joined Nov 2009
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
You can, but the flat only stiffens in one axis. Round does so in all angles of deflection.
Quote:
AJ
Good point ,so the round one will work better ,i wana use to prevent the nose section till the end of canopy neck ,tend to bend right or left during crashes, i have this with my easy star

I also have the canopy from my late 450 heli ,good idea , although 3M tape also work nicely for nose
Old Dec 07, 2010, 12:45 PM
Joined Nov 2009
719 Posts
Is the glue come along with the package any good or have to buy somthing else???????????
Old Dec 07, 2010, 03:00 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Need some more opinions from you guys.

Quote:
Is the glue come along with the package any good or have to buy something else???????????
I used CA medium that I KNEW was fresh (although, I do not recall getting any glue with the ARF). A few folks might have used whatever comes with the RTF and I do not know of any problems reported. Use your judgment. Maybe one of the other guys has heard something that I haven't. I'm not even certain that glue comes with the RTF. What do you think guys? Does glue come with the RTF? Is it OK to use? My experience is limited to using my own CA glue and I have no problems to report.
AJ
Prof100-Did you get at least one RTF? I can't remember. BTW-I have one SkyS flying (an RR). I have a complete ARF in the box and all the foam parts sans the wings for a third. What is the status of your SkyS's. It seems like you have at least two that are currently flying??
Old Dec 07, 2010, 03:07 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,369 Posts
Quote:
I used CA medium that I KNEW was fresh (although, I do not recall getting any glue with the ARF). A few folks might have used whatever comes with the RTF and I do not know of any problems reported. Use your judgment. Maybe one of the other guys has heard something that I haven't. I'm not even certain that glue comes with the RTF. What do you think guys? Does glue come with the RTF? Is it OK to use? My experience is limited to using my own CA glue and I have no problems to report.
AJ
Prof100-Did you get at least one RTF? I can't remember. BTW-I have one SkyS flying (an RR). I have a complete ARF in the box and all the foam parts sans the wings for a third. What is the status of your SkyS's. It seems like you have at least two that are currently flying??
AJ --

I have:
1. BEVRC V2 kit (I want to build this as a lightweight version)
2. BH RTF returned plane missing servos, ESC and motor (bought from their return dept.) Consider it a kit. It may get ARC 2700 KV.
3. BH RTF that has all the LEDs, a slightly bent nose, and too much weight. It still airworthy.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2010, 03:12 PM
Joined Nov 2009
719 Posts
Quote:
AJ
this is what i got along in the package 5 min epoxy ,4 oz (113g) each

Is CA is safe with the foam ,i have CA medium from HK