HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2010, 03:32 PM
Team Daedalus
Joined Jun 2008
1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Todd,

If you snap a boom you have bigger problems to fix. I would just run a piece of CF tube from the tail to the nose.

As for servos you can make any of the typical servos fit with a hobby knife in less than five minutes.
Thanks Prof100, That's what I got in my EZ*'s (3) I want to apologize to this group for being a bit of a hot head last night. That's not me. I love hobbies and they all have their quirks we have to work around. I got 15 years doing cars, electric, nitro you name it. Again sincere apologies. Appears to be a very nice EZ clone.

I'm gonna put a 2200kv HeadsRUp(?) 30 amp turnigy and one of many 2200 batteries.

Should I trust the stickers or are the control rods glued in?

Again, apologies and hope to contribute here. I will start this assembly tomorrow.

Also, the washers I read were in the nose came in a bag so I can shore up my washing machines balance with them (lol).

AJ, my apologies abound, thanks for turning me on to this! Really thanks!

I love the canopy notch with magnets. Nice touch.

Todd
Just need to learn how to fly with ailerons (LOL)
Wolveslayr is offline Find More Posts by Wolveslayr
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2010, 03:37 PM
Team Daedalus
Joined Jun 2008
1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
I give Todd a week and it will look like this.
Dang Gene I'm trying to make some new friends here!

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

OZ
Old Nov 25, 2010, 03:44 PM
Team Daedalus
Joined Jun 2008
1,233 Posts
Quote:
I give Todd a week and it will look like this.
Hey, believe it or not that Easy flys straight and true. I kid you not!

My piloting skills may be suspect but I can patch together the ugliest of the uglies!

Hmm, so why do I keep buying new planes?

Todd
Old Nov 25, 2010, 04:12 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolveslayr View Post
Dang Gene I'm trying to make some new friends here!

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

OZ
Quote:
Hey, believe it or not that Easy flys straight and true. I kid you not!

My piloting skills may be suspect but I can patch together the ugliest of the uglies!

Hmm, so why do I keep buying new planes?

Todd
No sweat Todd, we're all friends here.

Besides, they all look the same at 500ft.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Nov 25, 2010, 04:17 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,275 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Prof100, That's what I got in my EZ*'s (3) I want to apologize to this group for being a bit of a hot head last night. That's not me. I love hobbies and they all have their quirks we have to work around. I got 15 years doing cars, electric, nitro you name it. Again sincere apologies. Appears to be a very nice EZ clone.

I'm gonna put a 2200kv HeadsRUp(?) 30 amp turnigy and one of many 2200 batteries.

Should I trust the stickers or are the control rods glued in?

Again, apologies and hope to contribute here. I will start this assembly tomorrow.

Also, the washers I read were in the nose came in a bag so I can shore up my washing machines balance with them (lol).

AJ, my apologies abound, thanks for turning me on to this! Really thanks!

I love the canopy notch with magnets. Nice touch.

Todd
Just need to learn how to fly with ailerons (LOL)
Todd,

As said before, we are all friends. i have my less than stellar days where I impersonate my evil twin and post things that in hindsight I wish I had not.

You are going to enjoy the Skysurfer.

Bill
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2010, 04:30 PM
Team Daedalus
Joined Jun 2008
1,233 Posts
Quote:
No sweat Todd, we're all friends here.

Besides, they all look the same at 500ft.
500 FEET!!!

Dang, I thought you all said 50 FEET!!

So now we know the rest of the story.

Paul Harvey
I kid you not
Last edited by Wolveslayr; Nov 25, 2010 at 04:33 PM. Reason: edit from the beyond
Old Nov 27, 2010, 12:39 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Stocking the SkyS

The negotiations are getting closer. The big challenge is not the price, but the language. It looks like we agree that I will get 1 carton (12) of Sky Surfers V2 Arf BL for $480 + $30 shipping. So, I will sell them for $44 (plus actual shipping costs) and make a whole $1.50 on each plane. If I live to be 211 years old, I will have a nice nest egg. I have 7 of them sold already. But, don't everyone send me money all at once. I have to make sure that they really are as advertised V2 & BL. But, if you want to get on the list, you can PM me and I will add you to the list. Again, the transaction is not finished with them until I give them my money and I get the planes. She said I would get them in 5-7 days (I'll believe that when I see it). So, things are moving along great. And, maybe BEVRC will get some planes in, too. Obviously, this is a courtesy deal for me just so we don't have to deal with BH. She said I could stock any number of parts that I wanted, but the minimum of each item would be 12 parts. I don't plan on going into business, so that does not effect the current plan IF BEVRC gets stocked up.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Last edited by ajbaker; Nov 27, 2010 at 12:47 AM. Reason: grammar
Old Nov 27, 2010, 12:55 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
The negotiations are getting closer. The big challenge is not the price, but the language. It looks like we agree that I will get 1 carton (12) of Sky Surfers V2 Arf BL for $480 + $30 shipping. So, I will sell them for $44 (plus actual shipping costs) and make a whole $1.50 on each plane. If I live to be 211 years old, I will have a nice nest egg. I have 7 of them sold already. But, don't everyone send me money all at once. I have to make sure that they really are as advertised V2 & BL. But, if you want to get on the list, you can PM me and I will add you to the list. Again, the transaction is not finished with them until I give them my money and I get the planes. She said I would get them in 5-7 days (I'll believe that when I see it). So, things are moving along great. And, maybe BEVRC will get some planes in, too. Obviously, this is a courtesy deal for me just so we don't have to deal with BH. She said I could stock any number of parts that I wanted, but the minimum of each item would be 12 parts. I don't plan on going into business, so that does not effect the current plan IF BEVRC gets stocked up.
AJ
AJ,

Thanks for doing all the work for us. I do, however, have a suggestion. You need to establish a rule that you are not going to warranty the planes. So, if J Power sends you some stinkers and let's say, I get one, I would not expect you to warranty the plane.

By the way, are you dealing directly with the factory (i.e., J-Power) in China or the Exporter in Illinois?

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2010, 01:26 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Money problem.

Quote:
AJ,

Thanks for doing all the work for us. I do, however, have a suggestion. You need to establish a rule that you are not going to warranty the planes. So, if J Power sends you some stinkers and let's say, I get one, I would not expect you to warranty the plane.

By the way, are you dealing directly with the factory (i.e., J-Power) in China or the Exporter in Illinois?

Bill
I am working with the largest wholesaler/distributor in China (at least, that is what they claim). I have dealt with them years ago on computer stuff and found them to be very reliable. I don't have any idea how well they handle complaints, faulty merchandise, DOA's, etc. because I have never had a problem with them. Anyhow, that is all the info I have on them. Oh, another problem just popped up. It is very difficult to pay them. I have a choice of T/T (whatever that is), moneygram, or Telegram. NO paypal. So, I have to handle that this weekend, too.
AJ
Old Nov 27, 2010, 01:36 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
I am working with the largest wholesaler/distributor in China (at least, that is what they claim). I have dealt with them years ago on computer stuff and found them to be very reliable. I don't have any idea how well they handle complaints, faulty merchandise, DOA's, etc. because I have never had a problem with them. Anyhow, that is all the info I have on them. Oh, another problem just popped up. It is very difficult to pay them. I have a choice of T/T (whatever that is), moneygram, or Telegram. NO paypal. So, I have to handle that this weekend, too.
AJ
AJ,

TT is telegraphic transfer.

http://www.smartchinasourcing.com/pa...d-payment.html

By the way, version 1 or version 2 is OK with me. V2 is preferred but either will fly the same.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2010, 02:22 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Everybody wants a % of the action.

Quote:
AJ,

By the way, version 1 or version 2 is OK with me. V2 is preferred but either will fly the same.

Bill
Thanks for the link. It makes sense. I bear 100% of the risk. I called my bank and they said I had to come in the branch to make the transfer. The guy on the phone (Wells Fargo) was not real clear on the charges because I have a very large balance with them. He seemed to think that it would cost me $30 (gulp) to make the transfer. Heck, moneygram would only charge me $15. Anyhow, I have a hard time believing they (Wells) would charge me anything based on the years I have been with them and the large balances that I carry. Ah well, I will know more tomorrow when I go in and set up the xfer. But, if it is $30 - heck with that. I will find a cheaper way. Oh, the planes are allegedly V2.
AJ
Old Nov 27, 2010, 07:08 AM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Did you order a case of washers too?
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:27 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Gotta have them washers.

Quote:
Extras. Lots. Gonna send them to you to balance your workbench (wash mach)
On another deal though. I can custom order them however I want them - with/without wings, motor, tail feathers, accessories bag, etc. I suppose I could order them without the washers since I am going to order ARF's whenever I get the deal nailed down.
AJ
Old Nov 27, 2010, 12:51 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Need a favor

Quote:
AJ,

Bill
I really need a picture of a V2 canopy for the folks I am working with. I am having a severe language problem. If you could post a picture, I would sure appreciate it. TIA.
AJ
Old Nov 27, 2010, 12:52 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
V2 canopy picture

Quote:
Do you perhaps have a picture of the V2 canopy that you can post? Or, anyone else? TIA
I saw a picture somewhere and now I can't find it anywhere.
AJ